Jump to content

Police certificates from living abroad

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,


Our case is currently in the NVC in the US but we are preparing all documents to be ready to go when it moves to the London embassy. My fiance is a UK citizen, but we met and lived together in Nicaragua. Neither of us ever had permanent residency there, but my fiance lived there for about 3 years under a tourist visa. Getting a police record from Nicaragua is nearly impossible without being there in person, and even if you are there in person, I'm not actually certain it's guaranteed unless you are a permanent resident. 


My question is, can an INTERPOL clearance serve in place of a police record? Has anyone ever dealt with a question like this before? We want to ask the US embassy in London -- or the Nicaraguan embassy in London -- but we are a little afraid of drawing attention to a potential crack in our case if we're truly unable to acquire the police certificate from Nicaragua.





Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

The State Department's reciprocity table says police certificates from Nicaragua are available online for C$30 and give a link.


Scroll down this Nicaragua page to find Police Certificates information https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Nicaragua.html

Edited by Wuozopo

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.