Queenie2017

Bonafide marriage

17 posts in this topic

On 12/19/2018 at 8:15 AM, pushbrk said:

Yes, that's what I'm saying.  Understand the number one question to be resolved is whether the foreign spouse is conducting a bona fide relationship with the petitioner.  Petitioner sending money to the foreign spouse does NOT support that idea in the least.  It CAN support the opposite.  Leave it out.

On the other hand, money coming TO the petitioner FROM the foreign spouse DOES support the idea the foreign spouse is giving incentives to the petitioner to be in the FAKE relationship.  

Money transfers are NOT evidence of co-mingling of finances.

We submitted western union remittances. My husband sent money remittances for the wedding; I didn't spend a single cent for the wedding. In our culture, it's the man's family who should spend for the wedding. My husband sent money for me many times for my parents' land improvement. But when he underwent surgeries, I sent him money to pay for the apartment since he was not working for a month. I believe each case is unique. But generally, sending money by the beneficiary to the petitioner is a red flag.

I take a completely opposite view to what other responders are saying. You are young, have been dating for ten years, have a child together, and all those evidence you listed. You live in different countries so naturally there is some kind of commingling that is impracticable/imposssible. Geez! 

To my experienced eye you indeed have a lot, indeed overwhelming evidence of bona fides. You do not need to manufacture additional evidence. Go ahead and file, to some people you’ll never have enough evidence even if you provide a houseful of documentation.

Edited by PaulTheSheik

Citizen of the World!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.