Bruce and Han

We got our interview date

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I have another question regarding birth certificates for the people who just had their interviews. Does the consulate at HCMC even ask or look for the PETITIONER's birth certificate at the interview? I'm worried because I don't actually have one. I'm born in VN but my birth certificate was lost. I pretty sure they won't be able to find it because it has been over 25 years already. Is a simple statement stating when I was born and who my parents are good enough? Thanks.

Yes, they do ask for that. I really thought that was part of the original I-129F petition :huh: . Guess it's been too long. I'm lucky on that one too because I have returned to the county that I was born in and was able to get one from the County register. Don't know what you are going to do there. good luck.

I think Chuck(andKim) may have had a similar problem because I know this is a common problem with Vietnamese born people. I'd ask him if he had this issue.

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

We finally got our interview date!!! I thought this day would never come. I hope to have a real nice birthday present. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I just FEDEXed all the important papers to her this week(Proof of relationship, I-134 and everything else imaginiable. Our case has been pretty straight forward (No RFE's). Well, please wish us luck!, and thanks to all of you for your support!!! I will post the news when it comes.

Thanks to the lord!

Bruce_Han

You state that you sent important papers to her this week(Proof of relationship, I-134.....

Is it required to send it 2 times. When I did my I129f I sent the I-134 with it. I was told that all the paper work and proof of Relationship that gets filled the I129f will be at the interview and that I do not need to send anything else.

Robert & Van,

Dalegg is correct, You do need to send proof of relation just before the interview date. I see from your time line that you do indeed have plenty of time to collect communuication between you two. You should wait on the I-134 until she recieves her packet 3. Save all your reciepts from your trip over there and save your credit card statments that show you paid for the plane tickets.

Thanks,

I still keep all my phone bills, e-mail's and she save's all the hand wrote letters that I send her. When I sent in my I129-f I also sent in the I-134, Last 3 years of Tax returns, Bank statement, Employer Statement, Divorce papers, Passport, Birth Certificate, I even sent a DVD copy of the Engagement ceremony. Pictures of it also. I put over 400 pictures on a DVD of us together during the 2 visits that we had. with 15 personal photos if they didn't want to look at the DVD's. with the petition.

I also sent in Credit Card Statement's with the 2 plane tickets Hotel receipts, meals, and anything that I bought while I was there.

K1/K2 Time Line:

2-22-06 I-129F sent to Nebraska Service Center

3-03-06 NOA1 Received In Mail

5-27-06 NOA2 Received In Mail

6-08-06 NVC Received

6-12-06 NVC Sent File To HCMC

8-01-06 Van Received Packet 3

8-02-06 Van turned Back Packet 3 at Consulate.

9-29-06 Van Received Packet 4 in the Mail.

10-23-06 Interview - Passed

12-01-06 POE - San Fransisco, 10 Min Thur Immigration for Van and Thu

AOS Time Line:

2-06-07 K-1-K2 AOS Mailed I-131,I-765 And I-485

2-20-07 NOA K-1-K2 AOS I-131,I-765 And I-485

2-26-07 Received Biometrics appointment notice's

3-06-07 Biometrics appointment's scheduled and completed

3-30-07 Received AOS Letters For Interviews

5-22-07 AOS Interviews-Passed

6-01-07 Van Receives 2 Year Green Card K1

7-07-07 Thu Receives 2 Year Green Card K2

Removing Conditions Time line:

3-30-09 I-751 Sent to Calif Service Center

4-07-09 Check Cleared

4-10-09 NOA in Mail-Reciept Date 4-01-09

4-17-09 Biometrics appointment Notice For Van And Thu

5-01-09 Biometrics completed

6-09-09 Approved - Green Cards in Production.

7-17-09 Received 10 year Green Cards For Van & thu

N400 US Citizenship

12-13-10 Sent package

12-20-10 NOA - Reciept

12-22-10 Check Cleared

12-29-10 Biometrics appointment Notice

1-21-11 Biometrics appointment

4-20-11 Interview - PASSED

5-19-11 Oath

6-20-11 Recived U.S. Passport

Timeline

I have another question regarding birth certificates for the people who just had their interviews. Does the consulate at HCMC even ask or look for the PETITIONER's birth certificate at the interview? I'm worried because I don't actually have one. I'm born in VN but my birth certificate was lost. I pretty sure they won't be able to find it because it has been over 25 years already. Is a simple statement stating when I was born and who my parents are good enough? Thanks.

Yes, they do ask for that. I really thought that was part of the original I-129F petition :huh: . Guess it's been too long. I'm lucky on that one too because I have returned to the county that I was born in and was able to get one from the County register. Don't know what you are going to do there. good luck.

I think Chuck(andKim) may have had a similar problem because I know this is a common problem with Vietnamese born people. I'd ask him if he had this issue.

Where can I find Chuck and Kim? Time is running out for me. Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------

2005-06-18 - I-129F sent to USCIS

2005-07-19 - NOA2!

2005-10-29 - Case is at HCMC Consulate

2005-11-25 - Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3)

2006-02-09 - Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3)

2006-04-05 - Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4)

2006-05-12 - Interview Date

2006-05-12 - Passed - Got the pink slip!!!

2006-05-15 - Visa Received

2006-06-05 - Anh in CALIFORNIA

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Where can I find Chuck and Kim? Time is running out for me. Thanks.

Just send him a message from VJ-

chuckandkim

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Timeline

kvtran -

Regarding the birth certificate, I was in a similar situation as you. I was also born in Vietnam and left the country almost 30 years ago without a birth certificate. The instructions on Packet 4 require the petitioner's birth certificate. I sent my wife (fiancee back then) a copy of my naturalization certificate and passport bio page. At the interview, they never asked her for my birth certificate. They did, however, keep the copy of the naturalization certificate and passport. I think the consulate is aware of people in our situation that do not have birth certificates. My opinion is that they want the birth certificate to prove that we are not trying to bring our own siblings over. You know how common last names are in Vietnamese. My wife and I and all our parents all have different last names so I think it wasn't an issure for them. I could be wrong.

If you do get a blue slip for the birth certificate (I'm hoping you don't), I heard that you can get the local officials (if the price is right) in Vietnam to issue you a statement that your birth ceriticate cannot be generated. I think the consulate will accept this statement. You may want to check on that.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats and hopefully you get your birthday wish!!!!

.png

09/24/04: Entered US as CDN visitor

11/20/04: Married in Las Vegas

03/10/06: Filed AOS

03/20/06: NOA 1 / I-130

03/21/06: NOA 1 / I-485

04/03/06: AOS Interview notice...05/11/06

04/05/06: Biometrics

05/11/06: AOS Interview....approved, pending FBI name check

05/12/06: I-130 approved

05/18/06: NOA 2 / I-130 approval

08/15/06: Email: 'Welcome to America' letter mailed (Day 151)!!!!

08/17/06: Email: I-485 approved & GC ordered

08/19/06: 'Welcome to America' letter rec'd

08/22/06: Email: Notice of approval mailed

08/25/06: GC Finally Received!!

05/15/08: Apply to remove conditions

Timeline
kvtran -

Regarding the birth certificate, I was in a similar situation as you. I was also born in Vietnam and left the country almost 30 years ago without a birth certificate. The instructions on Packet 4 require the petitioner's birth certificate. I sent my wife (fiancee back then) a copy of my naturalization certificate and passport bio page. At the interview, they never asked her for my birth certificate. They did, however, keep the copy of the naturalization certificate and passport. I think the consulate is aware of people in our situation that do not have birth certificates. My opinion is that they want the birth certificate to prove that we are not trying to bring our own siblings over. You know how common last names are in Vietnamese. My wife and I and all our parents all have different last names so I think it wasn't an issure for them. I could be wrong.

If you do get a blue slip for the birth certificate (I'm hoping you don't), I heard that you can get the local officials (if the price is right) in Vietnam to issue you a statement that your birth ceriticate cannot be generated. I think the consulate will accept this statement. You may want to check on that.

Thanks. I'll send her a copy of both my US Passport and US Naturalization Certificate then. In addition, I'll write a sworn statement of my birth too. I emailed the consulate and this is what they had to say:

Thank you for your inquiry. We do not accept your passport or your

high school diploma in lieu of your birth certificate. Individuals born

in Vietnam who need new copies of their Vietnamese birth certificates

need to contact the office of the People's Committee of the district

where they were born: the district where their mother was then resident

according to her Ho Khau. The district People's Committee can issue

certified copies of a birth certificate (Ban Sao) based on their records of

the original birth certificate. Alternatively, the office may provide

an Extract (Trich Luc) of the information in the birth record on file

in their office. If you are not able to obtain a birth certificate

because records have been destroyed or the government will not issue one,

you must submit an sworn statement indicating your name, your date and

place of birth, your parents' names and reasons why you cannot submit

your birth certificate.

Please do not delete your original inquiry with all correspondence if

you have further inquiries.

Sincerely,

Information Unit

Consular Section

U.S. Consulate General HCMC

Tel: (84-8) 822 9433 - ext 4636

Fax: (84-8) 824 5572

E-mail: hcmcinfo@state.gov (regarding visa issues)

acshcmc@state.gov (regarding services for U.S. citizens)

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 7:06 AM

To: HCMC, Info

Subject: K1 Interview requirements for birth certificate

Dear sir or madam,

I am currently a petitioner for a fiance visa for

my fiance in Vietnam at the Ho Chi Minh Embassy. I

was looking at the requirement for the interview and

saw that you needed my birth certificate. I have been

living in the United States for 27 years already. My

parents and I fled Vietnam in 1979 and I do not have

any documents in Vietnam anymore. The only documents

I have of that shows my birthdate would be on my US

Passport and my United States Naturalization

certificate. I also have my high school diploma

showing my graduation date. Would this be enough as

supporting evidence to bring to the interview? Thanks

in advance.

Maybe the people in the consulate answering email are just not experienced enough. This looks like something they pasted out of a book or something. Hopefully you are right and I don't need one. Thanks.

2005-06-18 - I-129F sent to USCIS

2005-07-19 - NOA2!

2005-10-29 - Case is at HCMC Consulate

2005-11-25 - Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3)

2006-02-09 - Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3)

2006-04-05 - Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4)

2006-05-12 - Interview Date

2006-05-12 - Passed - Got the pink slip!!!

2006-05-15 - Visa Received

2006-06-05 - Anh in CALIFORNIA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.