wangsit

Cover letter (I-130) for LPR

3 posts in this topic

My partner is LPR and New Zealand citizen(petitioner)

I am citizen of Indonesia living in New Zealand with work visa (spouse) and never to USA.

I am helping my partner collecting evidence and other requirements.

And we are bit stuck right now.

We want to lodge I-130 first, but we are confused what else should we submit.

We àre planning to put

+ g- 1145

+ I-130

+ I-130a

+ 2 passport photos of both of us

+ Check for i-130.

+ Petitioner's NZ passport and passport page

+petitioner's green card

+ Petitioner's certified copy of divorce paper of NZ (his first divorce)

+Petitioner's certified copy NZ birth certificate

+Petitioner and spouse's certified copy of NZ marriage certificate

+ Spouse's Indonesian passport and passport page

+ Spouse's NZ visa( because we meet in New Zealand for 2 years and more)

+ Photo of us (10 photos)

+ Lease agreement when we stay together in same unit in NZ for some months.

+NZ joint bank account

+ Marriage ceremony paper and marriage vow.

+Some affirdavit from friends.

+ Watsapp chat log

(is 36 pages too much? We reduce it from 600 pages, we know each other for 2 years)

Now is this enough?

Or too much?

Do we need to put affirdavit of support (i-864)?

My partner is retired

He has an apartment, but we dont know how to value the apartment and whether it will enough to sponsor me.

We really dont know whether we should put I-864 right now.

Advice?

Some additional information is

We have huge age gap apparently.

With almost 40 years

He is 67 years.

I am 28 years.

Is it possible with such a huge age to success? Is anybody has the same case like this?

Reading information about how long the process will it be, realizing that we have huge age gap, and how complicated things can be; really make us stressful.

While, we want to enjoy the day we have while we still have the chance live together in NZ before my partner going back again to USA.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

Don't worry about the age gap - happens all the time.

You have enough other evidence, you don't need 36 pages of Snapchat. Just give them a sampling that is representative of your length of time together.

You won't need the AOS, yet, because it will take around 2 years for the I-130 to get approved.

We filed ours in July 2018, so this is just information I have gathered along the way. Hope it's correct.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.