5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, 

I am really nervous about my application to remove my condition this coming December 25 2018. I am anxious because I don't know if we will have enough documents to show as proof of marriage. 

These are the legal documents that we have so far : 2016 and 2017 tax returns, joint health insurance for 2017, 2018 ,also one for 2019. I am on one of my husband's credit card, but we don't have a joint bank account. We don't have apartment lease that we have on both of our names but our apartment management office can give us a letter to say that we live together in the apartment. I will also ask for our super to write an affidavit to prove that we are living in the apartment together since 2016. As for affidavits, we have few friends we can ask for it and my mother and father in law. 

We have tons of pictures together, travel documents, flights and hotel itinerary. We also joined some activities that show on tickets that we have our names on like NYC Bike Tour, Keto Fest 2018, F1 race in Mexico. Some events doesn't have our names on like some concert and Broadway shows we attended. We also have costco and BJs membership together. 

My worries are we don't have joint savings and checking account. I regret I didn't do it, I thought my name riding on his credit card should be enough, and the apartment lease wasn't on joint as well but apartment management would give us letters. Will my evidence be enough to show that our marriage is bonafide? 

Thanks in advance for your replies. I am just very anxious. 

Johnna

ROC Timeline:

01/28/2018 - Sent I-175 Packet to Dallas Lockbox

02/01/2019 - Case was received 

Well you can only send what you can. But is there a way that you can get on the bank account now? Better late than never.

Do you have any car loans in both of your names?  Bills in each others names or in one persons name and a bill in another? (Like a cable bill in your name for the house and an electric bill in your SO's name for the house, shows the same location).

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

I was in much worst situation than yours. My wife and I were not living in the same state.

I did not submit any pictures and I did not bother submitting any bank statements because only my wife was using the joint bank account. 

But my cover letter explained in detail our living condition and why we were both living in different states. 

So you can only submit what you have. And you can always go open a joint bank account with you spouse, in case they ask you for more evidence.

This is what I sent and still got approved without RFE nor being interviewed. 

+ A cover letter  explaining EXACTLY our living condition. I did not try to hide anything. 

+ A letter from my contract with my employer specifying that, I will be off work 1 week every month to go see my wife.

+ Bunch of notice of assignments in different states ( Arizona, Utah, Texas,Virginia etc...😓😓😓) I have been moving all over this country and still is. 

+ Joint Lease

+ BUNCH of plane tickets showing that I have been visiting my wife and vise versa

+ Joint Insurances (medical dental and vison) and medical bills showing we are both using the insurance.

+ Life insurance policy showing that my wife will be beneficiary if anything happens to me

+ Utility Bills

+ Tax (Filed as married but filed separately)

+Bunch of credit cards statements.

I hope this will help you 

23 minutes ago, Ash.1101 said:

Well you can only send what you can. But is there a way that you can get on the bank account now? Better late than never.

Do you have any car loans in both of your names?  Bills in each others names or in one persons name and a bill in another? (Like a cable bill in your name for the house and an electric bill in your SO's name for the house, shows the same location).

Thank you for your reply. We have utility bills, the internet is on his name on the first year and we cancelled it and transfer on my name the next year after that, he's got electric bill under his name. We don't have car loans or cars. I'll add the utility bills on my evidence. And yeah, I guess we'll open a joint bank account. We have been talking about it and always postponing. We will open it as soon as he got back from his training at work on other state. Thank you.

Do you guys know if its true that every case now has interview starting 2018 due to Trump's administration?

ROC Timeline:

10 minutes ago, khalifa said:

I was in much worst situation than yours. My wife and I were not living in the same state.

I did not submit any pictures and I did not bother submitting any bank statements because only my wife was using the joint bank account. 

But my cover letter explained in detail our living condition and why we were both living in different states. 

So you can only submit what you have. And you can always go open a joint bank account with you spouse, in case they ask you for more evidence.

This is what I sent and still got approved without RFE nor being interviewed. 

+ A cover letter  explaining EXACTLY our living condition. I did not try to hide anything. 

+ A letter from my contract with my employer specifying that, I will be off work 1 week every month to go see my wife.

+ Bunch of notice of assignments in different states ( Arizona, Utah, Texas,Virginia etc...😓😓😓) I have been moving all over this country and still is. 

+ Joint Lease

+ BUNCH of plane tickets showing that I have been visiting my wife and vise versa

+ Joint Insurances (medical dental and vison) and medical bills showing we are both using the insurance.

+ Life insurance policy showing that my wife will be beneficiary if anything happens to me

+ Utility Bills

+ Tax (Filed as married but filed separately)

+Bunch of credit cards statements.

I hope this will help you 

That's very good to hear, congrats in both of you. Makes me more hopeful about my case. Thank you for your reply.

ROC Timeline:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.