9 posts in this topic

You do not need to wait. You can apply anytime after you get married. 

05/24 PD
06/18/18 Bio apt
06/26/18 Fingerprint review was completed
09/27/18 RFE for I-864
11/04/18 Sent response to RFE
11/06/18 RFE response was received
11/07/18 Courtesy letter for I-693
11/19/18 Case is ready to be scheduled for interveiw
11/20/18 Interview was scheduled

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, galbuque said:

Thank you for your kind reply. We are only moving in together after the marriage, am I supposed to send evidences of bona-fide marriage along with the AOS application? 

Yes. Front load your application as much as you can to prevent an RFE.

4 minutes ago, galbuque said:

Thank you britishandusa. Just to clarify, if we are not moving together yet, what is an effective way to collect such evidences?

You can get a joint checking / saving account, joint car insurance, joint phone plan and even have your name on the apt. lease (if you guys plan to move in an apartment). add you as user on his/her credit card ;vice versa . Letters from friends, family addressing both of you. Travel tickets with both your names, hotel reservations under both your names etc... a little bit of creativity to show the longevity of the relationship 

05/24 PD
06/18/18 Bio apt
06/26/18 Fingerprint review was completed
09/27/18 RFE for I-864
11/04/18 Sent response to RFE
11/06/18 RFE response was received
11/07/18 Courtesy letter for I-693
11/19/18 Case is ready to be scheduled for interveiw
11/20/18 Interview was scheduled

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

There will be a field in the form asking for the address that the intending migrant will live, put his/her address there. We have two different addresses on the forms and everything seems ok so far, they didn't question about that.

We submitted the joint bank account information and some photos of us hanging out together, the ring I bought her, dinner with her parents.

1 hour ago, hoangthaihuy said:

There will be a field in the form asking for the address that the intending migrant will live, put his/her address there. We have two different addresses on the forms and everything seems ok so far, they didn't question about that.

We submitted the joint bank account information and some photos of us hanging out together, the ring I bought her, dinner with her parents.

Will do that, thank you! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.