S&ERav

In transit

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hello Everyone. i hope eveyone had a great thanksgiving. Good news i checked my case on the CEaC website they said it " In Transit" but it laso says  the NVC  has oickedd my intrview date. when i checked my profile on the UStraveldoc i have no date appointment scheduled and i when i try to schedule one they told me no appointment is available. has anyone encountered this problem? i paid for the visa already. 

Thank you

Timeline

Glad to hear you’re a step closer in your visa journey!

They usually allow you to pick an interview date for K1 Visa’s in Haiti. Sometimes the embassy will call you to change the date at their own discretion, but doesn’t happen too often. 

Have you called NVC or the Embassy Visa service desk to see what’s going on? If not here are the numbers:

NVC- ‭(603) 334-0700‬ (best time to call is after 6pm) 

US Embassy service desk- ‭+1 (703) 544-7842‬

(Press 1 for English & then press 5, then press 1 for interviews & 1 again to speak with a live agent about interviews/concerns)

Also, usually, when you don’t see any appointments available you just have to keep going back in and checking it, unfortunately. If they are assigning interview dates it’s probably due to all the strikes & craziness going on in Haiti right now. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, gsdc23 said:

Glad to hear you’re a step closer in your visa journey!

They usually allow you to pick an interview date for K1 Visa’s in Haiti. Sometimes the embassy will call you to change the date at their own discretion, but doesn’t happen too often. 

Have you called NVC or the Embassy Visa service desk to see what’s going on? If not here are the numbers:

NVC- ‭(603) 334-0700‬ (best time to call is after 6pm) 

US Embassy service desk- ‭+1 (703) 544-7842‬

(Press 1 for English & then press 5, then press 1 for interviews & 1 again to speak with a live agent about interviews/concerns)

Also, usually, when you don’t see any appointments available you just have to keep going back in and checking it, unfortunately. If they are assigning interview dates it’s probably due to all the strikes & craziness going on in Haiti right now. 

Ok Thank you. I will definetely call them. I paid for the Visa since Saturday. I got my notification to book an interview, but no dates has been available. I got the in transit notification today. Like you said probably with all the craziness that's going on in Haiti they are now assigned dates. I will call and let y'all know. Once again Thank you so very much.

Timeline
1 minute ago, S&ERav said:

Ok Thank you. I will definetely call them. I paid for the Visa since Saturday. I got my notification to book an interview, but no dates has been available. I got the in transit notification today. Like you said probably with all the craziness that's going on in Haiti they are now assigned dates. I will call and let y'all know. Once again Thank you so very much.

No problem! Hope it all works out. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, gsdc23 said:

No problem! Hope it all works out. 

I called the Embassy they said since the status was changed today,  give them 24 to 48 hours to see received the email from them for packet 3 then go from there. 

Timeline
On 11/27/2018 at 5:46 PM, S&ERav said:

I called the Embassy they said since the status was changed today,  give them 24 to 48 hours to see received the email from them for packet 3 then go from there. 

I received the packet 3, my case status is ready for interview, but there's no interview date available. I have been checking the site for about a week now  still no dates. Basically I am just waiting for them to drop a date. I am not sure if this had ever happened to anyone before.

Timeline
23 hours ago, S&ERav said:

I received the packet 3, my case status is ready for interview, but there's no interview date available. I have been checking the site for about a week now  still no dates. Basically I am just waiting for them to drop a date. I am not sure if this had ever happened to anyone before.

Yes it has, if you search through the Haiti K1 visa applicant thread, you’ll see there was a time where no appointment dates were available to choose from. People just kept checking everyday and finally they just popped up again.

If next week passes and still nothing opens up  call the US service desk and see if they can help you set up an interview date since your case is ready at the embassy. 

Edited by gsdc23

• 2 weeks later...

@S&ERav were you able to get an interview date yet? I have been checking since November 24th and still no luck. I am going on two weeks now. I called them as well. They advised me to keep checking. I called today and they mentioned they should have some dates in February 2019???? I am like what in the world is going on? @S&ERav have you tried calling them yet? Did they mentioned anything like this to you? I mean they just skipped the entire December, January months all together because mind you I have been checking since November 24th. 

Timeline

No I have not been able to. I have been looking since November 25th as well. I called them almost every day. I got off the phone with them this afternoon they told me the same thing. There are no appointments for December and January. Basically we just have to wait. I am so over the whole thing. I am trying my best to keep it positive.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Thank you everyone for posting about this. I was starting to get anxious about it and it's a relief to know others are going through the same thing. We have been trying every day for over a month to get an interview appointment. Every morning it's the same thing, no appointments available.

When I look at the timelines, it seems to me the NO ONE has had an interview in November or December except 2 CR-1 visa's and I'm not sure if those were at the US embassy in Pap or somewhere else. (Prior to that it looks like several interviews for VJ users were happening every month).

Just in case anyone else is wondering.. I wrote to the embassy because our I-797 is expiring but they responded with "Please continue the process as regularly, as the expiration date will not affect it. If you stop the process then it could expire over months."  It appears that the I-797 expiring isn't a big deal. 

Good luck everyone. 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

@Faith199 No haven't been able to schedule anything. I check every day too. I can't believe it's been 2 months and they haven't scheduled any appointments! I was getting really nervous and was going to reach out to see if anyone was able to get one scheduled too. Even though it sucks, I am relieved others are in the same boat as us. 

Timeline

APPOINTMENTS ARE AVAILABLE!!!!
Hey everyone who has been patiently waiting! I'm not sure if you have been in the system yet today but I was able to schedule out interview!! Feb 19th was the earliest day. Immediately after I thought of you all - I hope each of you are able to get in soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.