12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Ukrainek1 said:

Been in admin processing since Interview on 10/16

Ceac always showed Ready with no updates.

Login this morning and case showed Ready and it was updated today 11/20

Checked it again a few hours later and it switched from Ready to Administrative Processing

Anyone know what that means?

looks like they are looking into your case, sometimes it will go from READY to AP and most times goes into READY and then into Issued.

have you been checking each day?

what happened at interview?

1 minute ago, Khallaf said:

looks like they are looking into your case, sometimes it will go from READY to AP and most times goes into READY and then into Issued.

have you been checking each day?

what happened at interview?

i check it each and every day and this is the first time it has changed at all.

ALso, i just checked again and the case created date just changed again to today.

Application ID or Case Number:  xxxxxx
Case Created: 20-Nov-2018
Case Last Updated: 20-Nov-2018

they gave us a 221g and said they needed more time and didn't request any documents.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Ukrainek1 said:

i check it each and every day and this is the first time it has changed at all.

ALso, i just checked again and the case created date just changed again to today.

Application ID or Case Number:  xxxxxx
Case Created: 20-Nov-2018
Case Last Updated: 20-Nov-2018

they gave us a 221g and said they needed more time and didn't request any documents.

I can't say I have ever seen the case creating date change before.

I know that in the case with my husband his interview date was 8/26 it updated 9/4 when they responded back to an email I sent, and then not again until they called him to send in the passport back to us embassy.

it took almost 60 days, and with the update means they are reviewing the papers again.

Did they keep the passport or give it back?

1 minute ago, Khallaf said:

I can't say I have ever seen the case creating date change before.

I know that in the case with my husband his interview date was 8/26 it updated 9/4 when they responded back to an email I sent, and then not again until they called him to send in the passport back to us embassy.

it took almost 60 days, and with the update means they are reviewing the papers again.

Did they keep the passport or give it back?

The kept the passport.

Yes, the case creation date change is very odd.

Oh well nothing I can do but speculate and try not to overthink it. Its just a blackhole 

Just now, Apelcina said:

are you applying for a K1 or CR1?

K1

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ukrainek1 said:

The kept the passport.

Yes, the case creation date change is very odd.

Oh well nothing I can do but speculate and try not to overthink it. Its just a blackhole 

K1

I would have the petitioner send an email to the embassy to check the official status of the application.

I know with my CRI that the NVC was able to look at the notes that the US Embassy in Cario placed on the visa application.

that is the two spots I would start first.

7 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

I would have the petitioner send an email to the embassy to check the official status of the application.

I know with my CRI that the NVC was able to look at the notes that the US Embassy in Cario placed on the visa application.

that is the two spots I would start first.

Thanks for the advice. I am going to wait a week or so and see if there are any more updates

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ukrainek1 said:

Thanks for the advice. I am going to wait a week or so and see if there are any more updates

I hope things move in the right direction for you and your journey will come to an end and you can be with your love.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.