DivineAngel

DOS case ID for USCIS online

11 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Did you ever figure out the answer to this? @DivineAngel  I just submitted the n400 but I haven't verified yet bc I don't know that number.

I129F SENT: 12-24-2013

TEXAS SERVICE CENTER

NOA1: 01-02-2014

NOA2: 05-14-2014

NVC received and assigned case #: 5-29-2014

Left NVC: 06-04-2014

Interview Scheduled: 6-24-2014 SO EXCITED!!!!!!!! :dancing::star:

2 hours ago, pepper297 said:

Did you ever figure out the answer to this? @DivineAngel  I just submitted the n400 but I haven't verified yet bc I don't know that number.

Hi, no one replied unfortunately but after hella research I found the answer myself luckily. :)

Hope this helps. 🙂 These are my notes: 

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/immigrant-fee-payment-tips-finding-your-number-and-dos-case-id

“You can find your A-Number and Department of State (DOS) Case ID on your immigrant data summary, USCIS Immigrant Fee handout, or immigrant visa stamp. Your A-Number is the letter “A” followed by 8 or 9 numbers (such as A012345678). Your DOS Case ID is 3 letters followed by 9 or 10 numbers (for example, XYZ0123456789). If you are a Diversity Visa immigrant, your DOS Case ID will have 4 numbers followed by 2 letters and 5 more numbers (for example, 0000AB12345).

When you attended your U.S. embassy or consulate appointment, you should have received an immigrant data summary stapled to the front of your immigrant visa package. You can find your A-Number and DOS Case ID at the top of the immigrant data summary, as shown in the picture below.

Visa Stamp

You can also find your A-Number and DOS Case ID on the visa stamp (also called a visa foil) in your passport, as shown in the picture below.

• Your A-Number is identified as the Registration Number on your visa stamp. If your A-Number is fewer than 9 digits, insert a zero after the “A” and before the first digit to create a 9-digit number. For example, “A12345678” would become “A012345678.”
  • Your DOS Case ID is identified as the IV Case Number on your visa stamp. However, please note the IV Case Number has two additional numbers at the end, such as 01 or 02. When entering the IV Case Number as the DOS Case ID, do not include the last two numbers. For example, if your IV Case Number is “ABC1234567801,” you would enter your DOS Case ID as “ABC12345678” (do not include the “01”).

You can find your USCIS Online Account Number by signing in to your account and going to your profile page.

If you previously filed an application, petition, or request using the USCIS online filing system, provide the USCIS Online Account Number you were issued.

If you previously filed certain applications, petitions, or requests on a paper form via a USCIS Lockbox facility, you may have received a USCIS Online Account Access Notice issuing you a USCIS Online Account Number. You can find this number at the top of the notice.

The USCIS Online Account Number is not the same as an A-Number. The USCIS Online Account Number was previously called the USCIS Electronic Immigration System (USCIS ELIS) Number.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
1 hour ago, DivineAngel said:

Case ID

1 hour ago, DivineAngel said:

Hi, no one replied unfortunately but after hella research I found the answer myself luckily. :)

Hope this helps. 🙂 These are my notes: 

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/immigrant-fee-payment-tips-finding-your-number-and-dos-case-id

“You can find your A-Number and Department of State (DOS) Case ID on your immigrant data summary, USCIS Immigrant Fee handout, or immigrant visa stamp. Your A-Number is the letter “A” followed by 8 or 9 numbers (such as A012345678). Your DOS Case ID is 3 letters followed by 9 or 10 numbers (for example, XYZ0123456789). If you are a Diversity Visa immigrant, your DOS Case ID will have 4 numbers followed by 2 letters and 5 more numbers (for example, 0000AB12345).

When you attended your U.S. embassy or consulate appointment, you should have received an immigrant data summary stapled to the front of your immigrant visa package. You can find your A-Number and DOS Case ID at the top of the immigrant data summary, as shown in the picture below.

Visa Stamp

You can also find your A-Number and DOS Case ID on the visa stamp (also called a visa foil) in your passport, as shown in the picture below.

• Your A-Number is identified as the Registration Number on your visa stamp. If your A-Number is fewer than 9 digits, insert a zero after the “A” and before the first digit to create a 9-digit number. For example, “A12345678” would become “A012345678.”
  • Your DOS Case ID is identified as the IV Case Number on your visa stamp. However, please note the IV Case Number has two additional numbers at the end, such as 01 or 02. When entering the IV Case Number as the DOS Case ID, do not include the last two numbers. For example, if your IV Case Number is “ABC1234567801,” you would enter your DOS Case ID as “ABC12345678” (do not include the “01”).

You can find your USCIS Online Account Number by signing in to your account and going to your profile page.

If you previously filed an application, petition, or request using the USCIS online filing system, provide the USCIS Online Account Number you were issued.

If you previously filed certain applications, petitions, or requests on a paper form via a USCIS Lockbox facility, you may have received a USCIS Online Account Access Notice issuing you a USCIS Online Account Number. You can find this number at the top of the notice.

The USCIS Online Account Number is not the same as an A-Number. The USCIS Online Account Number was previously called the USCIS Electronic Immigration System (USCIS ELIS) Number.”

Thank you for the reply. Ah I'm so glad you found it!  Were you a K1 visa?  The reason I'm asking is because that is what my husband had, which is considered "non-immigrant" (I don't know why since he is coming here to marry a US citizen).  His Visa does not have that number on it at all or anything like it. 

Unfortunately, I don't see the paperwork from the consulate that they are talking about either.  That could be our fault for not retaining it. I really don't know!  I looked through our records at least five times.

***** Addendum.... USCIS just responded to my email.  Apparently we do not have to worry about the verifying of our identity in our situation!*****   I was driving myself crazy.  Thank you again!

Edited by pepper297

I129F SENT: 12-24-2013

TEXAS SERVICE CENTER

NOA1: 01-02-2014

NOA2: 05-14-2014

NVC received and assigned case #: 5-29-2014

Left NVC: 06-04-2014

Interview Scheduled: 6-24-2014 SO EXCITED!!!!!!!! :dancing::star:

6 minutes ago, pepper297 said:

Thank you for the reply. Ah I'm so glad you found it!  Were you a K1 visa?  The reason I'm asking is because that is what my husband had, which is considered "non-immigrant" (I don't know why since he is coming here to marry a US citizen).  His Visa does not have that number on it at all or anything like it. 

Unfortunately, I don't see the paperwork from the consulate that they are talking about either.  That could be our fault for not retaining it. I really don't know!  I looked through our records at least five times.

Oh dang! Hmmm no I’m not K-1. I found mine in my passport on the visa as mentioned in the description. So mine was pretty straight forward thankfully. In that case maybe you want to call uscis? They should have it. That’s my best bet at this point. Lol

22 hours ago, pepper297 said:

***** Addendum.... USCIS just responded to my email.  Apparently we do not have to worry about the verifying of our identity in our situation!*****   I was driving myself crazy.  Thank you again!

No problem. Thank God! How do you get good reputation on here? I’m new to the system. Loll 

Filed: Timeline

I dont know that anyone really cares about reputation on here, I know some sites its very important, but from what Ive seen no one really makes a big deal about how much reputation they have or dont have. 

If you like a post (there is no downvoting) you can click the heart icon at the bottom right. Also the more you post the more bars you will have under your user name and I believe there is some way to edit the 'title' you have at some point- I never really looked into it that much. 

Also when you start frequenting VJ a lot you will get to know who is who. There are many long time knowledgeable users here and there are also a number of new accounts that post inaccurate things. Anything inaccurate is  usually very quickly corrected which is good but can also be bad because it can lead to mini arguments of people feeling picked on over one or two words. Its important when discussing or offering advice to understand that every word does in fact matter and every situation is unique- small details can sometimes mean huge differences in which policies apply. Its best not to offer speculative advice and if you do to state such rather then presenting it as fact if you do not actually know. People also appreciate links to policy or memos when possible. 

3 hours ago, Damara said:

I dont know that anyone really cares about reputation on here, I know some sites its very important, but from what Ive seen no one really makes a big deal about how much reputation they have or dont have. 

If you like a post (there is no downvoting) you can click the heart icon at the bottom right. Also the more you post the more bars you will have under your user name and I believe there is some way to edit the 'title' you have at some point- I never really looked into it that much. 

Also when you start frequenting VJ a lot you will get to know who is who. There are many long time knowledgeable users here and there are also a number of new accounts that post inaccurate things. Anything inaccurate is  usually very quickly corrected which is good but can also be bad because it can lead to mini arguments of people feeling picked on over one or two words. Its important when discussing or offering advice to understand that every word does in fact matter and every situation is unique- small details can sometimes mean huge differences in which policies apply. Its best not to offer speculative advice and if you do to state such rather then presenting it as fact if you do not actually know. People also appreciate links to policy or memos when possible. 

Oh thank you for the detailed response! It’s really helpful. Yes, small differences lead to huuuge differences in these immigration cases.  I see you are an OG. Lolll It just looks so bad that I have a zero next to my username, I guess because I have zero reputation... 😔🤔

3 hours ago, Damara said:

haha yeah Ive been here a while! (I gave you some upvoting so you are no longer a zero) 

There are a lot of threads in off topic that you can post in to bring your post count up and gather reputation. 

Awww thanks a bunch for the votes. My Christmas gift haha! 🙂 Oh good to know. For now it’s hard to navigate this site, doesn’t seem to have a user friendly layout or maybe it’s just too much information that’s hard to organize. 

• 7 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.