Jump to content

Work History, Change in ownership

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts



So my husband is filing the i.130 petition for me so that I can adjust my status. We are working on the paperwork and his previous job had a change in ownership at some point between 2013 and 2014. The address is the same and his position stayed the same, it was just the owner that changed. He have spoken to HR and they dont know an exact date, some legal paperwork was filed in 2013 and they know the name changed sometime in 2014. 

Can I put both owners in the same employer section? 

FIRST OWNER / SECOND OWNER, and explain that there was a change in ownership sometime in the middle of his time there (5 years) in additional information at the end of the form? or should we split them up as two different employers even though to him, it was the same job?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.