purem4g1c

Another driver license question on K-1 (Florida) :P

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello fellow visa folk,

I am from Ontario, Canada. I currently have a G2 level license which has been active for around 2 years now. I have 2 years left before it expires. I assume I will hopefully be getting my K1 visa before then so I could be with my fiance full time. I will write my question in a few scenario's to best describe the methods that I think will be the case. Asssuming I will be able to exchange my license directly to a Florida state license.

1) Exchange my G2 license to Florida state license ( easiest if possible )

2) Take the G level test in Ontario, then exchange it to a Florida state license upon arrival. (Not hard just have to go out of my way to get another license :) )

Aside from that, will I be able to purchase a vehicle while on a K1 visa and drive it? Or will I have to wait until I have my Green card? Or SSN before getting a car registered under my name. My fiance cannot drive (she's a New Yorker and they're all about the train systems up there! so never needed one) I will be doing the driving since I am the most comfortable one behind the wheel. ;) Already drove all over the USA from New York to Texas to California! 

Anyway that's all that comes to my head for now. Hope that makes sense heh, brain rattled from all the processing that goes on around moving from country to country.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.