SJ_Ulloa

What is a "V" Number?

4 posts in this topic

I am trying to find out if anyone knows what a "V" Number is, where I would find it and what it is needed for. A friend who went through this process states that a V number is needed for the physical / medical portion, which our appointment is next week. We have our case number already which we received from NVC. I have called the NVC who state they have nothing to do with anything, and that they will only send me an email once they send our documents to the Dominican Embassy. I also called the Embassy in Santo Domingo DR and they basically were no help, sound like they read from a script regarding everything. I have tried researching to find out what this v number is, what its purpose is, or who I would get it from. Has anyone heard or have gotten a V number for a K1 Visa process? 

There is no V number. But there is an A number. Regardless, you have your case number, ID, and appointment. You are good to go.

I have a question... is the person that told you you needed a V number the same that told you you can get the visa issued the same day as the interview? Because if it is, then I would refrain from getting further advice from them. I know people are trying to help but you keep getting misinformation.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

4 minutes ago, NuestraUnion said:

There is no V number. But there is an A number. Regardless, you have your case number, ID, and appointment. You are good to go.

I have a question... is the person that told you you needed a V number the same that told you you can get the visa issued the same day as the interview? Because if it is, then I would refrain from getting further advice from them. I know people are trying to help but you keep getting misinformation.

HAHA no - this person didnt get their visa for almost 2 weeks after their interview, but they have a "V" number and she said she needed that when her husband went to his physical. It is a true understatement that everyone's process is very different, and experiences different things. Thank you as always for all your help :) 

5 hours ago, SJ_Ulloa said:

HAHA no - this person didnt get their visa for almost 2 weeks after their interview, but they have a "V" number and she said she needed that when her husband went to his physical. It is a true understatement that everyone's process is very different, and experiences different things. Thank you as always for all your help :) 

When you did your DS-160 form and paid for the visa on the co formation page did you have a number off to the right that started with a V? Apparently this is the number with the V she is talking about- she states she completed and paid for her husbands visa prior to getting the email that NVC was sending her documents to the embassy and that number did not circulate on the confirmation page, making it “legit”. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.