Jump to content
nofacee123

Applied for SSN but was not on database, can I go again to expedite the process?

7 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello guys,

 

I got my TN Visa just about two days and went to the SSN office the same day. At the time I didnt know its better to wait a few days so your immigration information can come in the system, they told me it could take several weeks to verify manually with immigration, and that after they could send my SSN . I checked the SAVE case check and it told me that my case was returned to the agency with a checkmark. I have two questions at this point.

 

1. I presume this checkmark on the SAVE case check means I am now in the database? 

 

2. Can I go in person ( I live on the border of detroit, going in and out is not problem of the US) to the SSN office again and ask them to  check in the database so they can send the SSN right away? I really would like it ASAP since my company wants me to have it before I start work.

 

Thanks!

Edited by nofacee123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, nofacee123 said:

Hello guys,

 

I got my TN Visa just about two days and went to the SSN office the same day. At the time I didnt know its better to wait a few days so your immigration information can come in the system, they told me it could take several weeks to verify manually with immigration, and that after they could send my SSN . I checked the SAVE case check and it told me that my case was returned to the agency with a checkmark. I have two questions at this point.

 

1. I presume this checkmark on the SAVE case check means I am now in the database? 

 

2. Can I go in person ( I live on the border of detroit, going in and out is not problem of the US) to the SSN office again and ask them to  check in the database so they can send the SSN right away? I really would like it ASAP since my company wants me to have it before I start work.

 

Thanks!

1) yes, your application probably was approved by SAVE and is on its way back to SSA

 

2) yes you can go to ask, but that does not mean SSA has your number ready for you. Sometimes they will give you the number, if it was issued, but you will have to wait for your card to be send to your address


8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Alabamak1 said:

1) yes, your application probably was approved by SAVE and is on its way back to SSA

 

2) yes you can go to ask, but that does not mean SSA has your number ready for you. Sometimes they will give you the number, if it was issued, but you will have to wait for your card to be send to your address

 

Thanks for the swift reply,

 

I know sometimes it can take a while for it to come back to the SSA, I was wondering if I should go and just notify them so they could take a look faster. Just wondering if that will help the actual mailing of my SSN itself as I kind of want it ASAP. I also wanted to get a receipt of a document actually saying it will be physically sent. Currently I just have a document that says its pending on verification.

Edited by nofacee123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nofacee123 said:

 

Thanks for the swift reply,

 

I know sometimes it can take a while for it to come back to the SSA, I was wondering if I should go and just notify them so they could take a look faster. Just wondering if that will help the actual mailing of my SSN itself as I kind of want it ASAP.

Normally you only need the number. The SS card is just to verify the number in case the verification of validity by the employer has some kinda problem (E-verify). 

 

In my wifes case (k-1) it took us 4 weeks and multiple visits. 


8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Alabamak1 said:

Normally you only need the number. The SS card is just to verify the number in case the verification of validity by the employer has some kinda problem (E-verify). 

 

In my wifes case (k-1) it took us 4 weeks and multiple visits. 

Oh I see, did you go again then to ask if they could mail it faster?

 

In my case should I just wait, or go in and see if they can expedite it? 

 

Thanks so much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nofacee123 said:

Oh I see, did you go again then to ask if they could mail it faster?

 

In my case should I just wait, or go in and see if they can expedite it? 

 

Thanks so much!

there is no way to expedite it. you can go and ask, if it was issued. it can take anywhere from 10 days to 8 weeks for the whole process. there is no point to be going more than once or twice. we went there so many times, because we where not aware of the issues you can and will encounter. We didnt know about SAVE and manual verification. It still took 4 weeks after even asking. 


8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alabamak1 said:

there is no way to expedite it. you can go and ask, if it was issued. it can take anywhere from 10 days to 8 weeks for the whole process. there is no point to be going more than once or twice. we went there so many times, because we where not aware of the issues you can and will encounter. We didnt know about SAVE and manual verification. It still took 4 weeks after even asking. 

I see. Seems like I should have just waited a couple of days before going to the SSN office on the first day. Ugh. 

 

Thanks for your help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×