Jump to content

Address Advice

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi, since filing the I-129F (NOA was 27th Sept) my partner (the petitioner) has relocated due to work for 12 months to a different state (Kentucky). All his mailing addresses have remained at his Florida residence so far because we're concerned updating address on everything now may cause problems/delays.


Just looking for some expert advice. Is it better to keep the Florida address for everything including the I-129F or update everything to the new address?



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

If he's returning to Florida after 12 months, setting up USPS mail forwarding might be your best choice. That being said, updating the petitioner's address with USCIS is not a big deal in my experience--just an online form, and they send a letter acknowledging it a week or so later. I can't speculate as to whether that changes the amount of time it takes to process, though.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.