Jump to content
Albertini

I-751 rejected; re-submitted via Lockbox Phoenix

7 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My wife's I-751 application was rejected due to my mistake of sending in the wrong filing fee.  We finally got it back on Oct. 6th but it was after my wife's GC expired (9/28).  However, rather than waiting for the application to be returned and then send a new application, we sent out a new one on 9/24 that way we would still be within the 90-day filing period.  On 9/26 they received the new application and money was cashed on 10/1.  On 10/1 my wife received a text message saying the official notice would follow in mail.  I am a little concerned because I have been reading other posters who received the same text message only it had a receipt number as well.  Also, the application that was rejected had a green sheet of paper that basically stated "to be placed on top of application." So here are my questions in case anyone has deal with the same issue:

1. Would not including the green sheet of paper have any effect in terms of delays on the new application?

2. If my wife received a text message saying application was accepted and notice would follow in the mail, would that mean to expect the NOA1 extension letter in mail?

3. Would the fact that others received a receipt notice in their text message be an indication that our application has not been accepted? 

 

Thanks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure how to edit my original post but turns out the text message my wife received does contain a receipt number starting with WAC which is for Western Application Center a.k.a. California Service Center.  When I input this number in the USCIS website and when I called the 1-800 number all it says is that the fingerprint fee was accepted on 9/28 and that a notice of how the case will be processed will be sent by mail. Anyone know if this is standard procedure for 18-month extension letter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Albertini said:

My wife's I-751 application was rejected due to my mistake of sending in the wrong filing fee.  We finally got it back on Oct. 6th but it was after my wife's GC expired (9/28).  However, rather than waiting for the application to be returned and then send a new application, we sent out a new one on 9/24 that way we would still be within the 90-day filing period.  On 9/26 they received the new application and money was cashed on 10/1.  On 10/1 my wife received a text message saying the official notice would follow in mail.  I am a little concerned because I have been reading other posters who received the same text message only it had a receipt number as well.  Also, the application that was rejected had a green sheet of paper that basically stated "to be placed on top of application." So here are my questions in case anyone has deal with the same issue:

1. Would not including the green sheet of paper have any effect in terms of delays on the new application?

2. If my wife received a text message saying application was accepted and notice would follow in the mail, would that mean to expect the NOA1 extension letter in mail?

3. Would the fact that others received a receipt notice in their text message be an indication that our application has not been accepted? 

 

Thanks.

 

Not sure what you meant for green sheet of paper  but what I know once your wife got a notification with WAC number that means that USCIS accepted your wife application, and yes your wife should expect NOA1 (18 months extension)

when it comes to processing specially for CSC, it will take more than a year to process.

 


VERMONT SERVICE CENTER - I-751 ROC

 

05/11/17: Date of I-751
05/12/17: VSC received our package

05/12/17: NOA Date
05/14/17: NOA Arrived in the mail & check cashed

06/22/17: Biometrics Appointment at ASC Manhattan

04/09/18: Online changed to case transferred to local office but no actual letter

06/13/18: Card Being Produced - NO RFE/NO INTERVIEW

06/16/18: Approval Letter arrived in the mail with 06/13/18 approval date

06/18/18: Card was picked up by USPS

06/20/18: Received 10 years Green Card from the mail

 

E-FILING (IOE) N-400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

 

06/21/18: Submitted Online
06/22/18: Received NOA Online

06/23/18: Online account updated to Biometrics scheduled on 07/12

06/25/18: NOA letter arrived in the mail

06/28/18: Biometrics appointment letter arrived in the mail

07/12/18: Biometrics appointment at ASC Manhattan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Albertini said:
1 hour ago, Lemon23 said:

Not sure what you meant for green sheet of paper  but what I know once your wife got a notification with WAC number that means that USCIS accepted your wife application, and yes your wife should expect NOA1 (18 months extension)

when it comes to processing specially for CSC, it will take more than a year to process.

 

It was just a green sheet of paper that indicated that our first application was rejected and welcoming us to re-submit a new application but to include that green sheet of paper on top of new application.  But like I pointed out we do have a receipt number beginning with WAC; but we have not received our extension letter and we have a trip coming up on Nov 4th, 2018 which is really why we are stressing out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Albertini said:

 

You will eventually receive the 18 months extension letter which is also your receipt letter with the WAC receipt number. 

If you still did not receive the extension letter end of this month then you need an infopass to obtain the I-551 stamp, so your wife can travel even without the 18 month extension letter, but make sure to bring the expired green card as well if in case the officer at the airport ask for it.


VERMONT SERVICE CENTER - I-751 ROC

 

05/11/17: Date of I-751
05/12/17: VSC received our package

05/12/17: NOA Date
05/14/17: NOA Arrived in the mail & check cashed

06/22/17: Biometrics Appointment at ASC Manhattan

04/09/18: Online changed to case transferred to local office but no actual letter

06/13/18: Card Being Produced - NO RFE/NO INTERVIEW

06/16/18: Approval Letter arrived in the mail with 06/13/18 approval date

06/18/18: Card was picked up by USPS

06/20/18: Received 10 years Green Card from the mail

 

E-FILING (IOE) N-400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

 

06/21/18: Submitted Online
06/22/18: Received NOA Online

06/23/18: Online account updated to Biometrics scheduled on 07/12

06/25/18: NOA letter arrived in the mail

06/28/18: Biometrics appointment letter arrived in the mail

07/12/18: Biometrics appointment at ASC Manhattan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

@Albertini Can you please let us know what mistake you made so that other people can benefit and not make the same mistake.

 

Thank you


1. I went through Diversity Lottery Green Card and Citizenship application processes 

2. My spouse went through K1 (I-129F)  and AOS (I-485) 

3. About to file ROC (I-751) for my spouse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, TheKingmaker said:

Hi,

 

@Albertini Can you please let us know what mistake you made so that other people can benefit and not make the same mistake.

 

Thank you

It was just that I sent the wrong filing fee, $595 as opposed to the $680 which includes the biometrics fee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×