wannabemarried12

Spelling error in name on Police Report, and address change question

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

My interview is coming up in the next few weeks in London, and I have just received my police report of no criminal record from China (where I lived for a few years.) Unfortunately, my first name is spelled incorrectly! It's not a major mispelling (think Jasson instead of Jason), and the surname, date of birth etc are correct. Will this be an issue? I don't have time to correct it before the interview unfortunately. It took months to obtain in the first place. 

Also I lived in China on a previous passport, the police report lists the old passport number, not the new one. I do have the old passport with me, as long as I present both at the embassy it should be fine right? I was in China for a while on the new passport but that was on a tourist visa, which the Chinese gov does not issue a police report for. The police report is dated for my period of residence on a resident visa only. 

One more question - my fiance has moved since I filled in the DS160, so my intended address in the US has changed. It's still the same city, same state etc. Do I need to re-do the DS160 or can I just update my intended address with the embassy, or no need to mention it at all?

Thanks in advance!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
13 hours ago, wannabemarried12 said:

Hi guys,

My interview is coming up in the next few weeks in London, and I have just received my police report of no criminal record from China (where I lived for a few years.) Unfortunately, my first name is spelled incorrectly! It's not a major mispelling (think Jasson instead of Jason), and the surname, date of birth etc are correct. Will this be an issue? I don't have time to correct it before the interview unfortunately. It took months to obtain in the first place. 

Also I lived in China on a previous passport, the police report lists the old passport number, not the new one. I do have the old passport with me, as long as I present both at the embassy it should be fine right? I was in China for a while on the new passport but that was on a tourist visa, which the Chinese gov does not issue a police report for. The police report is dated for my period of residence on a resident visa only. 

One more question - my fiance has moved since I filled in the DS160, so my intended address in the US has changed. It's still the same city, same state etc. Do I need to re-do the DS160 or can I just update my intended address with the embassy, or no need to mention it at all?

Thanks in advance!

Not sure about the mis-spelling ,might not be a big problem and you don't have time to redo it .So just tell the CO about this. Last question, you can create a new DS160 but you might need to cancel the interview, update your profile then book a new interview, call the embassy to make sure or try to see if you can still  keep the previous interview. Sounds it's a bit complicated to do it this way. Remember to bring the old and new DS160 confirmation pages to the interview just in case.

It's not good to keep this as nothing wrong on DS160, if you don't wanna create a new DS160 ,you can tell the CO to update the address. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.