beachboy95

Administrative Processing CR1

2 posts in this topic

Hello VJ,

So my wife and I had her interview for a CR1 visa on the 20th of September in Greece. Everything was fine and she was conditionally approved, except that there was a penal record that had not yet arrived at the embassy. The consul told us that it happens very often ( since the greek gov has to send the form directly, it cannot be acquired) She was then handed a paper that said that final review would occur and that in about 2 weeks we would get her passport back. The consul explained that she needed to arrange for the record to be sent to the embassy which we did promptly on monday ( the interview occurred on a thursday) and he told my wife that in 10-14 days she would get her passport back. We have now been waiting in Admin processing since the 20th , and I have contacted the embassy twice to ask about the timeline. I was told that the 10-14 days were in fact business days and that we had to wait, but that as of two weeks ago we had all of the proper documents and nothing was missing. A different Embassy rep ( through email ) told me that our application was pending adjudication and is in processing. Tomorrow it will be 16 days since they began final processing. Is there a problem with our case? Do you think it will take longer than the 2.5-3 weeks? Our case is not complicated and aside from penal record it was conditionally approved. CEAC has not changed since Oct 2nd, but embassy was closed yesterday. i do not know how to check if passport was sent but I assume CEAC would say issued.

Thank you ! ( on a side note, our embassy does not process a very large amount of immigrant visas every year and I do not believe it is a country that has long processing due to background checks.)

Edited by beachboy95

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Hi 

Did you wife get the green card? We have been waiting for an appointment with the Embassy in Athens for 6 months and NVC continues to claim that the wait is due to lack of availability in Athens. We were ahead of you and now I see that you were able to get an appointment faster!! We have contacted both NVC and the Embassy multiple times. Our lawyers are starting to give up and we are at a loss. I wonder if we can chat, if you could help us figure out what is going on.

Thank you, 

Stella

Edited by Gianadoume

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.