HarryWL

How much is UK medical?

24 posts in this topic

I’m highly considering changing my embassy from Montreal to London for the immigration process. (Currently living in Canada but I’m a UK Citizen). I would simply come over to the UK for the medical/interview. 

I believe the medical is around $300 or so here in Canada, does anyone know the price for the medical in the UK?

It’s £330 here in the UK, so I think you’re better off staying there if it’s only $300 😂

K1 JOURNEY.
I-129F sent:
31st Jan 2018 | NOA1 Received: 13th Feb 2018 | NOA2 Received: 15th Aug 2018 | At NVC: 4th Sep 2018 | At Embassy: 21st Sep 2018 | Medical: 15th Oct 2018 | Interview: 30th Oct 2018 | K1 Issued: 2nd Nov 2018 | Flight to him<3: 4th Dec 2018 | Wedding<3: 21st Jan 2019

AOS JOURNEY.
AOS sent: 26th Feb 2019 | NOA1 Received: 28th Feb 2019 | Biometrics: 27th March 2019 | EAD/AP: 29th July 2019 | GC Interview: 16th Oct 2019 | GC Approved: 17th Oct 2019 GC Received: 23rd Oct 2019

12 minutes ago, chlosicles said:

It’s £330 here in the UK, so I think you’re better off staying there if it’s only $300 😂

It is? http://www.visamedicals.co.uk/us-price.htm

The price list for Knightsbridge suggests much more. Does that mean we don't have to have the DNA, Drug/Alcohol Lab Test or the Drug Screen? I'll be so relieved if I'm "only" paying £330 for me and £140 for my daughter. 

16 minutes ago, chlosicles said:

Darn pricey! And that’s provided you have all your vaccinations already right? 

Montreal has a 3-4 month wait and London is like a month though haha. Do you have multiple locations or just a location in London for the medical?

9 minutes ago, HarryWL said:

Do you have multiple locations or just a location in London for the medical?

Yes that's before add ons like the vaccinations. 

I understand there's only the one place for Medicals - Knightsbridge. See the link I shared. (Though I'm still waiting for confirmation that it's just the $330 on the price list.)

3 minutes ago, Taffi111 said:

Yes that's before add ons like the vaccinations. 

I understand there's only the one place for Medicals - Knightsbridge. See the link I shared. (Though I'm still waiting for confirmation that it's just the $330 on the price list.)

When you look at the list of the vaccinations, is that actually accurate? Some of these vaccinations seem like they were just thrown onto the list. 

12 minutes ago, HarryWL said:

When you look at the list of the vaccinations, is that actually accurate? Some of these vaccinations seem like they were just thrown onto the list. 

Haha! That's the list yes but there's a table showing which vaccines are required based on age. My daughter has to have Hep B, for example, but I don't because I'm over whichever age they specified.

I've found the file for you.

I actually had my 2nd MMR jab, Tetanus (DTaP) booster and flu vaccine all yesterday so I'm completely up to date now. 

_20181004_214549.JPG

Edited by Taffi111
Found attachment.

7 minutes ago, Taffi111 said:

Haha! That's the list yes but there's a table showing which vaccines are required based on age. My daughter has to have Hep B, for example, but I don't because I'm over whichever age they specified.

I've found the file for you.

I actually had my 2nd MMR jab, Tetanus (DTaP) booster and flu vaccine all yesterday so I'm completely up to date now. 

_20181004_214549.JPG

You’re a lifesaver! Are you already at NVC stage?

1 minute ago, HarryWL said:

You’re a lifesaver! Are you already at NVC stage?

Glad I could help.

NOA2 was 10th September. 

Sent to NVC the 15th September. 

We're waiting for the fee request and case number, hopefully this month. Then it takes NVC another 4-6 weeks to process the docs sent in and issue "Case Complete" before sending it to the embassy.

From what I can gather, it's almost exactly 4 months from NOA2 to Interview but that's the London Embassy. I don't know about Montreal. 

I've just had enough of the waiting. I'm sure we all feel the same way 😕

37 minutes ago, Taffi111 said:

It is? http://www.visamedicals.co.uk/us-price.htm

The price list for Knightsbridge suggests much more. Does that mean we don't have to have the DNA, Drug/Alcohol Lab Test or the Drug Screen? I'll be so relieved if I'm "only" paying £330 for me and £140 for my daughter. 

In the email I got after I booked my medical it says £330 for adults and £140 for children. 

If you have to have anything extra like vaccinations then this will be added on top. 

K1 JOURNEY.
I-129F sent:
31st Jan 2018 | NOA1 Received: 13th Feb 2018 | NOA2 Received: 15th Aug 2018 | At NVC: 4th Sep 2018 | At Embassy: 21st Sep 2018 | Medical: 15th Oct 2018 | Interview: 30th Oct 2018 | K1 Issued: 2nd Nov 2018 | Flight to him<3: 4th Dec 2018 | Wedding<3: 21st Jan 2019

AOS JOURNEY.
AOS sent: 26th Feb 2019 | NOA1 Received: 28th Feb 2019 | Biometrics: 27th March 2019 | EAD/AP: 29th July 2019 | GC Interview: 16th Oct 2019 | GC Approved: 17th Oct 2019 GC Received: 23rd Oct 2019

38 minutes ago, HarryWL said:

Montreal has a 3-4 month wait and London is like a month though haha. Do you have multiple locations or just a location in London for the medical?

There is only one location for the US medical in London. I think the wait list is less than a month to be honest. 

K1 JOURNEY.
I-129F sent:

AOS JOURNEY.

1 minute ago, chlosicles said:

In the email I got after I booked my medical it says £330 for adults and £140 for children. 

If you have to have anything extra like vaccinations then this will be added on top. 

Good to know!

Many thanks :)

10 minutes ago, Taffi111 said:

Glad I could help.

NOA2 was 10th September. 

Sent to NVC the 15th September. 

We're waiting for the fee request and case number, hopefully this month. Then it takes NVC another 4-6 weeks to process the docs sent in and issue "Case Complete" before sending it to the embassy.

From what I can gather, it's almost exactly 4 months from NOA2 to Interview but that's the London Embassy. I don't know about Montreal. 

I've just had enough of the waiting. I'm sure we all feel the same way 😕

4 months isn’t too bad! I’ve heard Montreal is one of the most backed up embassies. Apparently from CC it can be up to 4 months before you get an interview date. 

Where are are you moving to in the US? :)

10 minutes ago, HarryWL said:

4 months isn’t too bad! I’ve heard Montreal is one of the most backed up embassies. Apparently from CC it can be up to 4 months before you get an interview date. 

Where are are you moving to in the US? :)

Eek. That's not good 😕

Funny, I was just thinking of asking you the same thing! Coastal Maine. You? 

It seems we have very similar timelines so it would be great to see how you get on?! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.