11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone I am knew to the site but in the same boat as some of you. Me and my husband are waiting on approval of the I-601. He's been in Mexico going on 7months. Does anyone know the most recent approved date for I-601 backlogg

by any chance or if the pilot program is making wait time shorter?

First appt.-oct.5,2006

Interview-oct.20,2006

at DHS-nov.16,2006

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hi everyone I am knew to the site but in the same boat as some of you. Me and my husband are waiting on approval of the I-601. He's been in Mexico going on 7months. Does anyone know the most recent approved date for I-601 backlogg

First appt.-oct.5,2006

Interview-oct.20,2006

at DHS-nov.16,2006

Hi Nicole, there is hope that the processing of 601s not in the pilot program will speed up in the near future. They are currently working on June, but on immigrate2us.net there was just an August approval. Word on the street (direct from the Director at DHS in CDJ) is they are working on a plan to "blitz" through the backlog. Best place to keep on eye on this is the 601 forum on immigrate2us.net and keep your fingers crossed!

Timeline
Kitkat: what do you mean by Blitz? and you said backlogg don't apply to pilot program? If not does it at least make process time shorter?

Almost all of the current resources at DHS in CDJ are focused on adjudicating waivers submitted that were submitted through the pilot program. People in the backlog filed before the pilot program went into effect and therefore could not benefit from it. DHS is working on a plan to complete adjudication of those in the backlog since many people have expressed outrage. The Director called it a "blitz" to complete processing of the backlog. But no start date for the "blitz" (rapid adjudication of the backlogged waivers) has been announced and for the moment, backlog processing is just as slow as ever. So it's hopefully just a matter of time before they put a plan in place to address the backlog.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi Nicole, there is hope that the processing of 601s not in the pilot program will speed up in the near future. They are currently working on June, but on immigrate2us.net there was just an August approval. Word on the street (direct from the Director at DHS in CDJ) is they are working on a plan to "blitz" through the backlog. Best place to keep on eye on this is the 601 forum on immigrate2us.net and keep your fingers crossed!

We filed my husband's 1-601 waiver June 28, 2006. We still have not heard anything! I did not realize that there were forums like this until today. I am so glad that I found it, even it it is so late in my process. It would have really helped me earlier on to be able to talk with others in my situation. I really hope that we find out something soon, and that there really is a blitz. I just heard about the pilot program yesterday, and started crying out of frustration when I realized that it would not help me at all.

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

We filed my husband's 1-601 waiver June 28, 2006. We still have not heard anything! I did not realize that there were forums like this until today. I am so glad that I found it, even it it is so late in my process. It would have really helped me earlier on to be able to talk with others in my situation. I really hope that we find out something soon, and that there really is a blitz. I just heard about the pilot program yesterday, and started crying out of frustration when I realized that it would not help me at all.

We just got our approval letter today, June 6, and it was dated May 29, 2007!

Timeline
We just got our approval letter today, June 6, and it was dated May 29, 2007!

Congrats Morelia!!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

First appt.-oct.5,2006

Interview-oct.20,2006

at DHS-nov.16,2006

The London DHS OFFICE GOT MY I601 on May 3 2007..Still pending, They keep adding more cases and are not working on the old ones sitting there..?

How long does it normally take and can the I601 go to completed from Pending..? Somneone please help....!

Timeline
The London DHS OFFICE GOT MY I601 on May 3 2007..Still pending, They keep adding more cases and are not working on the old ones sitting there..?

How long does it normally take and can the I601 go to completed from Pending..? Somneone please help....!

Since they got it just over a month ago, I assume you have some time to wait. I believe it takes around 4-6 months in London. Have you checked your status on the on-line system? http://london.usembassy.gov/dhs/forms/i601_status-web.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Since last summer London has been taking from 3 to 5 months to process waivers. We went on the list in November and were denied on 12 February. We have had our motion to reconsider in since 14 March 2007 and have yet to hear anything. It appears that motions go into the same waiting list as the original waivers so based on that you have a 3+ month wait.

June 05 Lisa and I fall in love

15 Mar 06 I-129F received at CSC NOA1

5 Aug 06 NOA2 after 143 days in CSC purgatory

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

16 Feb 07 Denial Letter received

12 Mar 07 Motion to reconsider submitted

10 Sep 07 Motion to Reconsider denied

9 May 08 Lisa and Married in United Kingdom

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

May 7 09 Lisa's Interview I 601 filed

29 Jul 09 I-601 waiver approved

18 Aug 09 Passport to London Embassy

20 Aug 09 Tickets purchased for 10 Sep 09

WE HAVE FINALLY WON, OUR LONG AND HARD JOURNEY IS COMPLETE!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Congrats, Morelia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There have been soooo many approvals this week from the backlog!

And let's hope they keep on pushing through to get to kitkat's Novemeber waiver!

Edited by GabachaYucateca

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.