Jump to content
runnergirl015

San Francisco Filers?

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi all, was just wondering if there were any other San Francisco filers in the same boat as I am.

 

NOA: 8/2017

Ready to be scheduled for interview: At first 9/2017, but recently got changed to 3/2018

 

I've been monitoring other people's self reported timelines on Visa Journey in the SF processing center and it literally seems to have stopped giving interviews (none of the folks that have filed past 5/2017 seem to have gotten an interview, the last update was someone who filed 5/21/2017 and received an interview notice on 8/20/2018).

 

Any thoughts SF filers? I checked Sacramento, LA, etc. and things seem to be progressing as usual, with more interviews being scheduled in September 2018. Hotline was not helpful with giving me an estimate.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2018 at 11:43 AM, runnergirl015 said:

Hi all, was just wondering if there were any other San Francisco filers in the same boat as I am.

 

NOA: 8/2017

Ready to be scheduled for interview: At first 9/2017, but recently got changed to 3/2018

 

 

Hiya @runnergirl015! SF filer here (AOS from F1 as spouse of USC). Can you elaborate as to what you mean by "recently got changed"? Did they send the "Case is ready to be scheduled" notice to you twice on the same case no.?

 

Probably not news to most on VJ:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/u-s-citizens-applying-green-cards-noncitizen-spouses-see-growing-n912946

While distressing to hear about the long waits, there's a glimmer of hope that more attention to this topic might spur on action to tackle the backlog.


2018/08/28 - mailed combo 130/485/131/765 with evidence, omitted 693, used personal checks and USPS priority mail

2018/09/07 - e-notice for received apps (some went to spam), checks cashed

2018/09/13 - hard copies of receipts for above

2018/09/14 - e-notice for biometrics notice

2018/09/22 - bio appt hard copies arrived, with 10/08 date

2018/09/25 - courtesy letter for missing I-693

2018/09/26 - biometrics completed early as walk-in

2018/10/03 - e-notice for "case is ready to be scheduled"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AJCM said:

Hiya @runnergirl015! SF filer here (AOS from F1 as spouse of USC). Can you elaborate as to what you mean by "recently got changed"? Did they send the "Case is ready to be scheduled" notice to you twice on the same case no.?

 

Probably not news to most on VJ:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/u-s-citizens-applying-green-cards-noncitizen-spouses-see-growing-n912946

While distressing to hear about the long waits, there's a glimmer of hope that more attention to this topic might spur on action to tackle the backlog.

 

I didn't get a notification in the mail twice, but the online system (when I checked from September 2017 up till mid July) said "Case is ready to be scheduled as of September 27, 2017". And suddenly in July when I checked it now said "Case is ready to be scheduled as of March 18, 2018."

 

I called to check on this and no information was given. The person on the line seemed to suggest this "ready to be scheduled" date is not as important as the NOA date in terms of measuring time elapsed (i.e. when they say 11-25 months as the normal time period for processing, they measure this from your NOA date.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, runnergirl015 said:

 

I didn't get a notification in the mail twice, but the online system (when I checked from September 2017 up till mid July) said "Case is ready to be scheduled as of September 27, 2017". And suddenly in July when I checked it now said "Case is ready to be scheduled as of March 18, 2018."

 

I called to check on this and no information was given. The person on the line seemed to suggest this "ready to be scheduled" date is not as important as the NOA date in terms of measuring time elapsed (i.e. when they say 11-25 months as the normal time period for processing, they measure this from your NOA date.)

Thanks, that helps. Fingers crossed for you.


2018/08/28 - mailed combo 130/485/131/765 with evidence, omitted 693, used personal checks and USPS priority mail

2018/09/07 - e-notice for received apps (some went to spam), checks cashed

2018/09/13 - hard copies of receipts for above

2018/09/14 - e-notice for biometrics notice

2018/09/22 - bio appt hard copies arrived, with 10/08 date

2018/09/25 - courtesy letter for missing I-693

2018/09/26 - biometrics completed early as walk-in

2018/10/03 - e-notice for "case is ready to be scheduled"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×