Amy & John

SYDNEY INTERVIEWS

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I am currently waiting on my packet three.

my understanding is that they only do interviews one day a month? can anybody confirm this and for anybody who has done one

do you know roughly how many interviews they schedule for that day? is it only K1 or CR1 as well.

really  hoping for an Oct interview and hoping I don't miss out.

56 minutes ago, Amy & John said:

my understanding is that they only do interviews one day a month? can anybody confirm this and for anybody who has done one

do you know roughly how many interviews they schedule for that day? is it only K1 or CR1 as well.

According to the consulate, they only do visa immigrant interviews on Tuesday mornings. I don't know for sure if they do multiple days per month for each visa type, but if we are to use VisaJourney timelines as a sample, it would appear they typically do one Tuesday a month for K-1s and one Tuesday a month (on a different date) for IR-1/CR-1s. If you look at the Australian portal and look at Aussie timelines, you can sort to see the most recent interview dates and see that has been the general trend in recent months. That said, I have no idea how many applicants are actually processed through Sydney and what percentage of those people are on VisaJourney and actively update their timelines - it might be quite a small percentage, so I would take the data with a grain of salt.

Beneficiary Country: UK / Consulate: Sydney, Australia / Nebraska Service Center

27-Nov-2017 - Sent I-130 package to Chicago Lockbox

30-Nov-2017 (+3 days, 3 days) - NOA1, petition sent to Nebraska Service Center

28-Jun-2018 (+210 days, 213 days) - NOA2, petition approved

16-Jul-2018 (+18 days, 231 days) - Petition sent to Department of State

23-Jul-2018 (+7 days, 238 days) - Petition received by NVC (confirmed via phone on 24 July)
21-Aug-2018 (+29 days, 267 days) - Welcome Letter received by email, paid AOS and IV fee

23-Aug-2018 (+2 days, 269 days) - IV Application (Form DS-260), Civil Documents, Affidavit of Support, and Financial Documents all submitted to NVC on CEAC

7-Sep-2018 (+15 days, 284 days) - NVC Case Complete

18-9-2018 (+11 days, 295 days) - Interview scheduled, received notification from NVC via email - interview set for 16 October

16-10-2018 (+28 days, 323 days) - Interview - visa approved!

18-10-2018 (+2 days, 325 days) - Passport and visa received by AusPost Express Platinum

11 hours ago, Amy & John said:

I dont know for sure, but just based on my own experience It seems that they only do K1 interviews once a month. My fiance got his interview scheduled for 10/30. However we received out packet 3 on 9/11. Since he had completed his medical and already had police check done we were expecting to get a sooner interview, but they stated there were no sooner appointments available!

Timeline
6 hours ago, SEF said:

I dont know for sure, but just based on my own experience It seems that they only do K1 interviews once a month. My fiance got his interview scheduled for 10/30. However we received out packet 3 on 9/11. Since he had completed his medical and already had police check done we were expecting to get a sooner interview, but they stated there were no sooner appointments available!

Thank you. Yeah that’s what I thought. How long after the embassy received did u receive packet three? Mine was sent from nvc in the 7th sept and recieved 18th and I still do not have packet three. I need to secure oct 30 interview. I’m a nov filer and have been stuffed around by these agencies so much with this process. You can’t even call them. 

22 minutes ago, Amy & John said:

Thank you. Yeah that’s what I thought. How long after the embassy received did u receive packet three? Mine was sent from nvc in the 7th sept and recieved 18th and I still do not have packet three. I need to secure oct 30 interview. I’m a nov filer and have been stuffed around by these agencies so much with this process. You can’t even call them. 

our case was received on 9/10 and marked "ready" on the CEAC website. We got the packet 3 email the next day.  You could try to contact them and ask what the hold up is. I got this from the US travel docs website. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, SEF said:

our case was received on 9/10 and marked "ready" on the CEAC website. We got the packet 3 email the next day.  You could try to contact them and ask what the hold up is. I got this from the US travel docs website. 

Our ceac update is still saying returned to nvc from last time even tho it sais last updated on the 18th. I have tried contacting the embassy only to be told via automated message that you cannot contact them about these type of visas.

eveyone has got the packet three the next day and we haven’t. I have emailed them twice now and the just say u will need to contact nvc which I have and they say u will need to contact the embassy. 

Timeline

My fiancee got packet 3 on 9/11 and sent it back almost immediately.  We just now got packet 4 after having to contact support-australia, and her interview is now scheduled for October 30.

June 2016: We started writing to each other

June-July 2017: Met in person in the US for our first anniversary

December 2017 - January 2018: Met again in the US and got engaged

01/09/2018: I-129F sent to the USCIS Dallas Lockbox via FedEx

01/16/2018: Received NOA1 (NOA1 notice date: 01/11/2018)

June-July 2018: Met in person in Singapore and Australia for our second anniversary

08/03/2018: Notice date on our NOA2 (updated in USCIS's new website on August 6)

08/15/2018: Our case reached NVC

08/22/2018: Received NVC case number

09/04/2018: Our package left NVC (arrived 9/11, and she sent packet 3 that day)

09/20/2018: Received packet 4; scheduled interview

10/30/2018: Interview - told that we're approved!  Now waiting to receive the visa...
11/27/2018: Port of Entry at BWI

12/1/2018: Our wedding!

12/8/2018: Filed AoS on the way to our honeymoon (12/8-15/2018)
6/~7/2019: EAD and AP approved
09/25/2019: AOS interview in Orlando -- approval and green card!

Next step, June 2019: Filing I-751

Note: My wife is a Singaporean.  She moved to Australia before we met and got permanent residency there.

Timeline

My fiancee got packet 3 on 9/11 and sent it back almost immediately.  We just now got packet 4 after having to contact support-australia, and her interview is now scheduled for October 30.

Looks like this is now the content of Sydney's packet 4 letter:

Dear (her name):

This office is ready to begin final processing of the immigrant visa applicant(s) and we have scheduled an appointment for a visa interview in the Visa section. 

In preperation[sic] for your interview, be sure to visit our website (https://au.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/). Here you'll find a detailed checklist of all required documents for the final visa interview. Failure to provide documents on the day of your interview will cause a delay in the issuance of the visa.

When communicating with this office, please email support-australia@ustraveldocs.com. You must provide your name and case number exactly as shown in this letter. 

Visa Appointment               
(date) at (time)

Case Number:            SYD********** 
Name:           (her name)
Visa Category:          K1 - **** 

Traveling Applicants: 
(P)  (her name) (her birthdate)

Thank you,

Immigrant Visa Unit
U.S. Consulate General, Sydney

Others who have gotten Packet 4 lately, does this look right?

June-July 2018: Met in person in Singapore and Australia for our second anniversary

08/03/2018: Notice date on our NOA2 (updated in USCIS's new website on August 6)

10/30/2018: Interview - told that we're approved!  Now waiting to receive the visa...

Note: My wife is a Singaporean.  She moved to Australia before we met and got permanent residency there.

Timeline
9 hours ago, microcebus said:

Looks like this is now the content of Sydney's packet 4 letter:

Others who have gotten Packet 4 lately, does this look right?

Yes i got the same today! 

Timeline

That's great!  Sorry about the double post earlier.  I think I had this thread open in multiple browser tabs, and the site wouldn't let me go back and edit to add the P4 quote.

Timeline

It’s so frustrating to know that they only schedule appointments on the last Tuesday of the month! Case is in transit at the moment, hopefully it arrives next week. I am all ready to go so I can reply to the packet 3 straight away and hopefully get an appointment in October.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 9/22/2018 at 1:37 AM, angusdonald13 said:

It’s so frustrating to know that they only schedule appointments on the last Tuesday of the month! Case is in transit at the moment, hopefully it arrives next week. I am all ready to go so I can reply to the packet 3 straight away and hopefully get an appointment in October.

Did you manage to get the Oct appointment for the interview?

I'm waiting on mine and praying I can get the Nov one at this rate. Imagine having to wait until Dec ......

K1 Visa NOA1:  March 2018

K1 Visa NOA2: Sept 2018 

K1 Approved: Nov 2018 (184 days/6 months since NOA1) 

Married 4th Jan 2019 

AOS NOA1: 4th Feb 2019

Biometrics: 25th Feb 2019

AOS interview: Oct 2019 (261 days from NOA1)

EAD/AP NOA1: Feb 2019 

EAD/AP Approved/Rc'd: Aug 2019 (196 days since NOA1) 

Timeline
1 hour ago, AlicerCooper said:

Did you manage to get the Oct appointment for the interview?

I'm waiting on mine and praying I can get the Nov one at this rate. Imagine having to wait until Dec ......

Yep, I actually got scheduled for an interview on the 9th October but I was overseas so I had to request a new interview date and I got one on the 30th October.

Fingers crossed for you, I’d say you will get one in November, i don’t think the Syd embassy is too busy. Stay positive !

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 10/18/2018 at 7:31 PM, angusdonald13 said:

Yep, I actually got scheduled for an interview on the 9th October but I was overseas so I had to request a new interview date and I got one on the 30th October.

Fingers crossed for you, I’d say you will get one in November, i don’t think the Syd embassy is too busy. Stay positive !

I hope so. I quit my job to finish doing this VISA hoping to get it done soon as :\

Good luck with your interview :D

K1 Visa NOA1:  March 2018

K1 Visa NOA2: Sept 2018 

K1 Approved: Nov 2018 (184 days/6 months since NOA1) 

Married 4th Jan 2019 

AOS NOA1: 4th Feb 2019

Biometrics: 25th Feb 2019

AOS interview: Oct 2019 (261 days from NOA1)

EAD/AP NOA1: Feb 2019 

EAD/AP Approved/Rc'd: Aug 2019 (196 days since NOA1) 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, AlicerCooper said:

I hope so. I quit my job to finish doing this VISA hoping to get it done soon as 😕

Good luck with your interview :D

Haha I did the same thing !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.