15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

I am making this Forum for people waiting for 601-A waivers from Honduras. Please share your timeline here or any questions or comments you may have. I will start with myself:

Date sent: 5-2-18

Date recieved: 5-10-18

Biometrics: 5-22-18

We are currently still waiting on approval. Processing times have drasticly slowed down this year i hear as a result of the new administration. Last year approvals took about 3 to 4 months. Now it has changed to 6 to 8. I just thought it may be helpful if us fellow 601-A filers had a place to comunicate it would be of great help while we wait. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Honduras
Timeline

Date sent: 12/21/2017

Date Rcvd: 01/02/2018

Biometeics: 01/12/2018

Waiver Approved: 08/10/2018

currently waiting for receipt for I-864 so we can begin waiting for our apt. Our attorney has talked to some colleagues who have cases in Honduras and says that he has heard about apts happeneing within 2 weeks of case being completed to 8 months. He says there is no system it seems that they follow as far as apts go. Good luck everyone! And thanks for making this forum!

Filed: Other Country: Honduras
Timeline

Receipt Date: 3/05/18

Biometric: 4/11/18

NVC: everything complete.

NVC: notified us that every thing is complete and that they are waiting for 601a approval to schedule appointment to Tegucigalpa.

Currently our case is six month old. 

We had an issue with NVC with the datafolio , because we were born on the 1960+ they used to just write you data and when our lawyer sent in the vitals he didn't sent it because we couldn't get it translated and it was scribbled, not readable. Nvc wrote back that they needed the datafolio in order to proceed and that is when I found out that if the country of your interview speaks the same language as your document it doesn't need to be translated; by then I had spent too much on traslation.

So remember the datafolio is very important in your case because it has information of your birth, parents, grand parents, your wedding and any divorce dates.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Timeline
On 9/16/2018 at 3:46 PM, mikeyp123 said:

I-601A received 08/30/2018

Biometrics Done 09/06/2018

This is what I have so far. I’ll update as time goes on. 

Correction 07/30/2018 on the I-601A received. 

• 3 months later...
Timeline

Has anyone who is waiting for an appointment recieved a notice asking for their criminal record report and their copy of their name in the national registry of people? We recently did and I thought these were items we would not need until the interview? 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
10 minutes ago, mikeyp123 said:

I-601A received 07/30/2018

Biometrics Done 09/06/2018

Approved 04/05/2019

Congratulations! Prepare yourself we recieved a letter from immigration that we needed to send in my husbands police certificate and el partido nacional. Those are things we were told we would not need until the visa appointment. If you are in the US you will need a power of attorney for someone else to obtain the police report. We had to travel all the way to LA to the consulate to get the POA. Now we are back to waiting. 

Timeline
23 minutes ago, cynmarchoa said:

Congratulations! Prepare yourself we recieved a letter from immigration that we needed to send in my husbands police certificate and el partido nacional. Those are things we were told we would not need until the visa appointment. If you are in the US you will need a power of attorney for someone else to obtain the police report. We had to travel all the way to LA to the consulate to get the POA. Now we are back to waiting. 

Thanks for the information. That is very helpful. Good luck. You mean Partido Nacimiento?

Timeline
21 minutes ago, mikeyp123 said:

Thanks for the information. That is very helpful. Good luck. You mean Partido Nacimiento?

I just went through this as well. What they are asking for is the "Folio" birth certificate that is actually in a book in the town you were born. Anybody can pick that one one. We had a lawyer in Honduras pick up the "Policales" not to be confused with the "penales". It is a criminal history record in Honduras. The lawyer charged up 180 dollars and was sent overnight. If anybody needs his contact info I will be glad to give that out. 

Timeline
59 minutes ago, mikeyp123 said:

1 hour ago, mikeyp123 said:

Attached is what they are asking for thats the example out attorney sent to us from the website. Its the copy of their name in the record of births and is different than the partido de naciemiento

EJEMPLO DEL PARTIDO NACIONAL.pdf

Timeline
13 minutes ago, cynmarchoa said:

Attached is what they are asking for thats the example out attorney sent to us from the website. Its the copy of their name in the record of births and is different than the partido de naciemiento

EJEMPLO DEL PARTIDO NACIONAL.pdf

That example is actually for newer birth certificates which were issued after a certain date. If you are older, as in the case of my wife(1981) they want a certified copy of the actual page out of the folio. I have three types ready. Short form, literal form and the actual copy of the page. This will be useful when you go for the interview. You need to bring it with you.

Timeline
2 hours ago, mikeyp123 said:

That example is actually for newer birth certificates which were issued after a certain date. If you are older, as in the case of my wife(1981) they want a certified copy of the actual page out of the folio. I have three types ready. Short form, literal form and the actual copy of the page. This will be useful when you go for the interview. You need to bring it with you.

In our case they are requiring it before they even schedule the interview as well as the police cert.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Christie&Mario said:

I just went through this as well. What they are asking for is the "Folio" birth certificate that is actually in a book in the town you were born. Anybody can pick that one one. We had a lawyer in Honduras pick up the "Policales" not to be confused with the "penales". It is a criminal history record in Honduras. The lawyer charged up 180 dollars and was sent overnight. If anybody needs his contact info I will be glad to give that out. 

We are in the process of doing the same right but if you could dm me the information that would be great just in case.

Timeline
On 4/6/2019 at 12:29 PM, cynmarchoa said:

We are in the process of doing the same right but if you could dm me the information that would be great just in case.

Hi Christie if you could hive me the lawyers info that would be great!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.