darth vader

Canadian August NVC spousal visa filers

150 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Question...

I submitted all my documents to CEAC on August 23rd. Exactly two weeks later (Sept 6th), they reviewed my documents and said my birth certificate wasn't the right one. I had already ordered the right version online because @Meghan&Gene was kind enough to share her experience with me and she ran into the same issue. Finally it came in the mail on Tuesday, September 11th and I uploaded it to CEAC the same day and clicked "Submit."  Now, I'm waiting for them to review it so I can get my case complete date and be added to the line to wait for an interview.  Does anyone know how long it usually takes for them to review a re-submitted document? I expected to be quicker than 2 weeks, but maybe I just went back in the line and it'll be around 2 weeks again. I guess if it's 2 weeks, I should have case complete around this upcoming Tuesday or hopefully before or right after!

Timeline
On September 17, 2018 at 12:42 PM, Invisigoth said:

Friends, My husband called the RCMP (905-405-3750) today.  He was told that the RCMP "doesn't do the work, they subcontract out the fingerprints. so I have to go to a different place to get it done and they charge $56.50 to do it."  He said, "I talked to two different people.  They waive the RCMP fee, but not the private place that does the finger prints."  The RCMP officer referred him to a place called "Global ID services." for the finger prints and gave him a phone number: 416-231-9797.    does this make sense with what you guys have been hearing?  We are getting frustrated.

Hello:)

I know sort of how you feel about being frustrated,  this process can be trying at times. I had to visit the RCMP 3 times before they finally did my fingerprints. They said they had no notice of this change and after upper management did some checking they said yes they can do it.  I think some other VJ members have had a similar experience from what I have read but each one would have to speak for themselves. When I went back on Sept 10th to the main Surrey BC RCMP detachment they did everything there, they took my picture for their records, finger prints and took payment. I was only charged the difference from the name and birthdate search, $25.00. (I was lucky) It might make a difference on what services are available at your nearest RCMP location or maybe if you live in a small or bigger city ? Who knows. Hope since you posted this message you have had some luck in getting the fingerprints. I also called the NVC on Sept 7th before I went back to the RCMP to confirm if this was a mandatory requirement and the Agent said, " Well if you show up for your interview without it, expect to get a letter requesting it ".

Service Center: Nebraska 

Consulate: Montreal, Canada 

Marriage: 1994-07-02

I-130 Sent: 2017-11-13

I-130 NOA1: 2017-11-17

I-130 RFE: 2018-06-01 (Requested Large Marriage Certificate-Applied to Government for Certificate)

I-130 RFE Sent: 2018-06-29

USCIS Email Received acknowledging receipt of RFE: 2018-07-10-same date shows received on USCIS website.

I-130 Approval NOA2 Letter received with Notice date of: 2018-08-10

I-130 Approved-NOA2 USCIS Website: 2018-08-13 

USCIS Email received stating we sent your case to NVC on: 2018-08-20 (Email received: 2018-09-13)

NVC Received Case: 2018-08-27-Date received by phone call to NVC-advice given to call NVC 7 days after case sent to NVC

Called and also emailed NVC to ask question about New Requirement for Police Certificate Effective Sept 10th: 2018-09-07, was advised would take 8 weeks for case number from date received at NVC. (Only took 3 weeks)

Received Case number: 2018-09-18-Email Received 

Received AOS & IV Bill: 2018-09-18-Email Received

Paid AOS & IV Bills: 2018-10-09

CEAC website shows AOS & IV as "Paid":  2018-10-11 (2 business days) 

IV Application (DS260) completed: 2018-11-01

Submitted AOS & IV Documents: 2018-11-04

Case Complete: 2018-11-09 

Interview date received by phone call and email: 2018-12-17

Interview Date: Jan 25, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. 

Interview Complete: APPROVED ! 🙂🙂

Passport/Visa received at home address in BC: 2019-02-01

4 hours ago, Alyssamac90 said:

Question...

I submitted all my documents to CEAC on August 23rd. Exactly two weeks later (Sept 6th), they reviewed my documents and said my birth certificate wasn't the right one. I had already ordered the right version online because @Meghan&Gene was kind enough to share her experience with me and she ran into the same issue. Finally it came in the mail on Tuesday, September 11th and I uploaded it to CEAC the same day and clicked "Submit."  Now, I'm waiting for them to review it so I can get my case complete date and be added to the line to wait for an interview.  Does anyone know how long it usually takes for them to review a re-submitted document? I expected to be quicker than 2 weeks, but maybe I just went back in the line and it'll be around 2 weeks again. I guess if it's 2 weeks, I should have case complete around this upcoming Tuesday or hopefully before or right after!

I resubmitted a document on September 11 as well. I am still waiting for case complete!

Edited by darth vader

Timeline
21 hours ago, Alyssamac90 said:

Question...

I had the exact same problem. I submitted my card birth certificate not realizing I had needed the long-form. I waited 5 weeks for it to come in the mail. They accepted it the day after I submitted it and my case was then complete (July 26th). 

• Service Center: Nebraska Service Center
  • Consulate: Montreal, Canada
  • Marriage: 2017-05-08
  • i130 Sent: 2017-07-07
  • i130 NOA1: 2017-07-12
  • i130 NOA2: 2018-02-15
  • NVC Received: 2018-03-07
  • Case Number Received: 2018-05-10
  • Send AOS Package: 2018-05-23
  • Send IV Package: 2018-07-19
  • Case Completed at NVC: 2018-07-26
  • Interview Date: 2018-10-31 (approved!)
  • Visa in hand: 2018-11-05

Timeline

Got my case complete today, @darth vader ! Yours should be coming today or soon!

4 hours ago, Bethany123 said:

I had the exact same problem. I submitted my card birth certificate not realizing I had needed the long-form. I waited 5 weeks for it to come in the mail. They accepted it the day after I submitted it and my case was then complete (July 26th). 

So frustrating!

Timeline
On September 12, 2018 at 4:48 PM, msdupuis said:

I'm just glad I finally got a case closed and can say we're just waiting on an interview date... We finally got our case closed today after not getting the first clear answer across 5 people from the NVC why our case was appearing the way it was. Regardless, it's done and now we can hurry up and wait some more. :)

Congratulations ! :):dance:

I-130 RFE: 2018-06-01 (Requested Large Marriage Certificate-Applied to Government for Certificate)

USCIS Email Received acknowledging receipt of RFE: 2018-07-10-same date shows received on USCIS website.

USCIS Email received stating we sent your case to NVC on: 2018-08-20 (Email received: 2018-09-13)

NVC Received Case: 2018-08-27-Date received by phone call to NVC-advice given to call NVC 7 days after case sent to NVC

Called and also emailed NVC to ask question about New Requirement for Police Certificate Effective Sept 10th: 2018-09-07, was advised would take 8 weeks for case number from date received at NVC. (Only took 3 weeks)

Timeline
8 hours ago, darth vader said:

I also got my case complete! Thanks! 

From September 11th until when did you get your case complete? And did they send you an email or anything saying that it was complete? Everything was submitted for me and accepted on the 19th. Thanks!

Timeline

Hello everyon:)

I received my letter from the NVC with my case number and invoice number by email on Sept 18th. Haven't paid the fees yet as I am away from home in Canada since Sept 15th. I'm not sure when I will pay the fees - it might be before we return back home. We are in Florida for 2 weeks looking for our new home. We return back to Canada on Sept 28th. I had no problems going through customs at YVR airport. The customs officer was in a very good happy mood and just asked where we were going, we told him Orlando and he said have a nice day and that was it ! I spent a lot of time getting ready all the papers or documents ready just in case I was asked questions from customs but didn't need anything. 

We are in transit to another hotel in Naples Florida today for 3 more days. I will be checking and reading VJ off and on as time allows but also want to complete my signature timeline, so it shows like some other members here. I think it's a good idea because you get a better idea of a members timeline, it could help you or another member. 

Hey everyone. Congrats on your CC's! As of tomorrow, its been 1 month since I got my CC and I'm awaiting an email with my interview date. Not much else to update on my own case, but I wanted to congratulate everyone on their CC's!! :)

Removing Conditions timeline:

• I-90 accidentally submitted - 2020-08-14
  • I-751 submitted & received - 2021-03-26
  • Biometrics applied to case - 2021-04-21
  • Ready to schedule interview - 2021-12-22
  • Interview scheduled - 2022-01-04
  • Interview - 2022-02-01 / Postponed
  • New 10 year card being sent out!!!!
    2022-02-03 / Case Approved 2022-02-04

14 minutes ago, darth vader said:

Since there is a trend that Montreal slows down a lot in August/September, are we expecting huge number of interview scheduled for November?

Lord I hope so. Aug 9 CC here and based on how October interviews were scheduled (meaning just a few July cc’s based on VJ) I’m nervous we won’t even make the November round. 🙁

2 minutes ago, centralpork said:

Lord I hope so. Aug 9 CC here and based on how October interviews were scheduled (meaning just a few July cc’s based on VJ) I’m nervous we won’t even make the November round. 🙁

You'll definitely make November. I am hoping to get a November date as well even though my CC is in September. They have got to speed up!

Edited by darth vader

On 9/20/2018 at 11:53 AM, Alyssamac90 said:

Question...

We have the same case complete dates, we'll probably interview the same day!!!! Hope our interview date gets assigned soon. My wife & I will see you guys there.
Did you get the new Privacy Act police certificate yet? We just got ours.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.