bariki

I-751 Filers (September 2018)

2,394 posts in this topic

So I just called the Uscis Customer Support 800-375-5283 to help me get an infopass schedule because gc and dl will expire 10/24. She put me on hold and then said that the receipt notice was just mailed to me today 10/22 and just wait for it within a week. With my case I think USCIS is getting up to speed again. *crossed fingers!

Here is my timeline btw.

09/05 ROC Packet mailed to VSC

09/07 Packet Delivered

9/29 Received returned photo album

10/03 Whole packet returned (outdated form)

10/04 Resubmit ROC to Phoenix, Az

10/05 ROC delivered

10/12 Check Cashed. E-notification case was received

10/22 Mailed I-797 ( as per Contact Support)

I’m looking forward to receive my notice within this week! 

So I just got off the phone with USCIS. Basically I was told that they WON'T REISSUE another NOA to me SINCE my NOA that was sent to me on the 19th of September and NEVER RETURNED to the USCIS. They would only reissue the NOA if the USPS returned it to them. The closest office for infopass is 4.5 hours away. I asked her what would be done if the USPS lost it so I never got it and USCIS never received it and she said they still would not reissue the NOA that that is USPS fault not theirs and they are not responsible for that. ####### (excuse my french) ????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

ADD: Is there a way to talk to someone HIGHER than the customer representative?

Edited by Miki28

I-130 sent: 28th of October, 2015
USCIS received I-130: 2nd of November, 2015
NOA1 - text message: 4th of November, 2015
CASE routed to Nebraska Service Center
NOA1 - mail: About a week later - not sure about the exact date
NOA2 - 8th of March, 2016

Adjustment of Status

AOS packet sent - 6th of June, 2016
AOS delivered/picked up - 7th of June, 2016

3x NOA1 via e-mail/text - 20JUNE, 2016

3x NOA1 hard copy - 24JUNE, 2016

Biometrics letter - 30JUNE, 2016 (appointment date 07/15/2016)

Biometrics done - 1JULY, 2016

Interview for GC scheduled - 15 August, 2016 (date was 15 September, 2016)

EAD/AP approval - 23 AUGUST, 2016

EAD/AP received - 30 AUGUST, 2016

Interview rescheduled - 13 September, 2016

Interview date - 18 October, 2016

Removal of Conditions 

I-751 packet sent: 13th of September, 2018 (Texas),

Text notification of case received : 20th of September, 2018 (receipt number SRC xxxx]

Biometrics: REUSED, notice 22 MAY, 2019

Case transferred: 25 JULY, 2019

N-400

Applied online: 24 JULY, 2019

NOA: 24 JULY, 2010

Biometrics: Appointment scheduled on 8/3/2019 for 22 AUGUST, 2019

Biometrics: successful WALK IN on 8 AUGUST, 2019 (Jacksonville, FL) 

Biometrics: "We reviewed your biometrics" update 8 AUGUST, 2019 

Estimated time of completion: November 2019 (3 months)

10 minutes ago, Miki28 said:

So I just got off the phone with USCIS. Basically I was told that they WON'T REISSUE another NOA to me SINCE my NOA that was sent to me on the 19th of September and NEVER RETURNED to the USCIS. They would only reissue the NOA if the USPS returned it to them. The closest office for infopass is 4.5 hours away. I asked her what would be done if the USPS lost it so I never got it and USCIS never received it and she said they still would not reissue the NOA that that is USPS fault not theirs and they are not responsible for that. ####### (excuse my french) ????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Did you ask for a tier 2? Did you try submitting a case inquiry online? The customer service line is not the most reliable in getting the correct answer.

ROC timeline:

09/17/18 Mailed packet

09/19/18 Delivered (signed by D Hernandez)

09/24/18 Check cashed, Text/Email both received with receipt#

09/28/18 Receipt# started working on USCIS Case Status Online

10/20/18 Received biometrics appointment letter

10/22/18 Received NOA1

10/24/18 Early biometrics walk-in completed

10/25/18 Fingerprint review completed

Just now, FelizContigo said:

Did you ask for a tier 2? Did you try submitting a case inquiry online? The customer service line is not the most reliable in getting the correct answer.

No. So when I call I can just ask for Tier 2 ? And yes, I did submit case inquiry online. 

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions 

Text notification of case received : 20th of September, 2018 (receipt number SRC xxxx]

N-400

Just now, Miki28 said:

No. So when I call I can just ask for Tier 2 ? And yes, I did submit case inquiry online. 

Yeah, and keep at  it since sometimes they'll say that's not possible. If you need to, hang up and try to get another representative who will transfer you to a tier 2.

It doesn't look like anyone else in the Texas service center who filed in September chimed on getting their NOA1 or not, so it's possible yours is on the way and what the person saw as already sent was a glitch in the system. Vermont people are getting theirs right about now, so maybe Texas is slower.

ROC timeline:

09/17/18 Mailed packet

10/22/18 Received NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Miki28 said:

You have to be kidding...

I Think that customer service did not have any idea of what was talking about. 

Try to call again, but at the same time remember that USCIS is super delayed with the NOA correspondence . Nobody with SRCxxxxxxxxx receipt has receive yet any letter. I am in the same situation as you, same case and timing and nothing yet. I am not even able to check my status with my receipt # at the old web.

When i called they told me the same, that they already sent the letter but that it could take 30-60 days to receive NOA.. NO SENSE AT ALL!

Also if you check the last news at USCIS.COM they just finished with all the cases sent until Sept 9th last week and now they will star with us. So I think we should wait a couple of weeks more.

Just now, MonicaG said:

You have to be kidding...

I Think that customer service did not have any idea of what was talking about. 

Try to call again, but at the same time remember that USCIS is super delayed with the NOA correspondence . Nobody with SRCxxxxxxxxx receipt has receive yet any letter. I am in the same situation as you, same case and timing and nothing yet. I am not even able to check my status with my receipt # at the old web.

When i called they told me the same, that they already sent the letter but that it could take 30-60 days to receive NOA.. NO SENSE AT ALL!

Also if you check the last news at USCIS.COM they just finished with all the cases sent until Sept 9th last week and now they will star with us. So I think we should wait a couple of weeks more.

I literally told her I am aware of delays. And I have told her it seems like lot of people are experiencing the same. She just kept saying the same thing. We can't do anything for you. And I was like well, what if it's lost? Then you will never get it back and I will obviously never get it either and she flat out said it was USPS issue and their responsibility not theirs. Like that makes NO SENSE. I am just annoyed that anyone is having issues with this. It's like we are being punished for doing things the right way.. All my documents except my Military ID is expired. DL, GC, passport everything :D

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions 

N-400

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Miki28 said:

I literally told her I am aware of delays. And I have told her it seems like lot of people are experiencing the same. She just kept saying the same thing. We can't do anything for you. And I was like well, what if it's lost? Then you will never get it back and I will obviously never get it either and she flat out said it was USPS issue and their responsibility not theirs. Like that makes NO SENSE. I am just annoyed that anyone is having issues with this. It's like we are being punished for doing things the right way.. All my documents except my Military ID is expired. DL, GC, passport everything :D

I understand you so much. USCIS plays with us like puppets and we can do NOTHING. And you have almost all your identifications expired which drives you crazy even more!! 

I am so sorry, i am sure we are gonna receive our letter soon and all of this will remain in the history! Good luck, tell us if you get some news!

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, AnnieLuna said:

So I just called the Uscis Customer Support 800-375-5283 to help me get an infopass schedule because gc and dl will expire 10/24. She put me on hold and then said that the receipt notice was just mailed to me today 10/22 and just wait for it within a week. With my case I think USCIS is getting up to speed again. *crossed fingers!

Here is my timeline btw.

09/05 ROC Packet mailed to VSC

09/07 Packet Delivered

9/29 Received returned photo album

10/03 Whole packet returned (outdated form)

10/04 Resubmit ROC to Phoenix, Az

10/05 ROC delivered

10/12 Check Cashed. E-notification case was received

10/22 Mailed I-797 ( as per Contact Support)

I’m looking forward to receive my notice within this week! 

I was told the same thing when I called twice. three weeks later nothing came in the mail. I had no choice but to get an infopass. 

1 hour ago, Miki28 said:

I called earlier too but the rep told me if I didn’t received it within a week call back again so they can request to reissue the NOA

Just now, AnnieLuna said:

I called earlier too but the rep told me if I didn’t received it within a week call back again so they can request to reissue the NOA

That is WHY I called. Because representative told me last week to call back so they can reissue me the NOA if I have not received it by friday. :D  

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions 

N-400

3 minutes ago, Awesome22 said:

I was told the same thing when I called twice. three weeks later nothing came in the mail. I had no choice but to get an infopass. 

Awww! Where did you file yours?Cause based on my case I originally filed sept 4, which was returned. And as per uscis news they are starting to send out those who sent their application for a certain time up to Sept 9. So I’m thinking positive now that i will get mine within the week. Cause the original file date of mine was before sept 9. 

Filed: Timeline
3 minutes ago, AnnieLuna said:

Awww! Where did you file yours?Cause based on my case I originally filed sept 4, which was returned. And as per uscis news they are starting to send out those who sent their application for a certain time up to Sept 9. So I’m thinking positive now that i will get mine within the week. Cause the original file date of mine was before sept 9. 

I sent my to arizona sept 22. they cashed my check 9/27. I called 6 days after they cashed my check,  i was told that my noa was issued 9/27 and i will receive it after 5- 10 days. it's really frustrating😫

Went to Massachusetts RMV to transfer my out of state Virginia DL. Took the required ID documents including the 18 mo. extension letter.

I asked the lady what my new expiration date would be and she said, "whenever your visa expires." I told her about the extension letter from USCIS giving me 18 months from the date of my current green card's expiration date (which would be June 12, 2020). She said, "where does it say that?" She started reading the letter and said, "well alright then," and continued processing my DL transfer. I asked her at the end what my expiration date ended up being, and she said, "5 years from now, 2023." 

🤗 Works for me. In Virginia, DMV would only give me a license up to the expiration date of my green card.

Overall, easy experience. Just had to speak up for myself and ask about the expiration date nicely. If you're renewing your license with the extension letter, be sure to ask too!

Oh, and make a photocopy of your ols license. They took my VA DL and I'm glad I made a copy of front/back beforehand to show my previous address with my ex-spouse. 

Edited by FelizContigo

ROC timeline:

09/17/18 Mailed packet

10/22/18 Received NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.