homesick_american

Vegetarians, beware of chocolate!

166 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
But bacon tastes GOOD. Pork chops taste GOOD.

Yes, but my point is that people who love bacon but don't want to know that it was carved off the side of a pig are hypocrits. It annoys me when people say "I hate meat when I can see that it was an animal". These people are just in denial.

I know damn well it was carved off the side of a pig, that doesn't mean I want to watch or wield the knife. :rolleyes:

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But bacon tastes GOOD.

I've always said: Bacon is God's way of saying, "I love you." :P

HAHAHAHAHA...yeah, that's true. Bacon is so good. (L)

Heehee... I think I'm an agnostic and not an atheist solely on the basis that bacon exists, therefore there must be a cosmic power out there! :D

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

But bacon tastes GOOD.

I've always said: Bacon is God's way of saying, "I love you." :P

HAHAHAHAHA...yeah, that's true. Bacon is so good. (L)

Heehee... I think I'm an agnostic and not an atheist solely on the basis that bacon exists, therefore there must be a cosmic power out there! :D

Mmm, indeed.

I'm slightly miffed that nobody noticed the Pulp Fiction reference. :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I noticed the Pulp Fiction reference, I just didn't come back to the thread until today :)

My friend was a vegan for about two years. He'd complain about how much of a problem he was having with iron deficiency and anemia, while at the same time lecturing me about 'subhuman cattle ranchers & their practices' and all the damage I was doing to my body because of my meat eating. I lived with that for two years. Then he went up to New York only to come back and tell me he'd of course gotten himself some NY pizza. I said "Vegan pizza?". He said "What's a vegan?".

Like the protesters who decided to blockade a field of cows to 'save them', only to get trampled by a stampede they set off. It's the most delicious thing of all.

Honestly though, I don't have a problem with veggies or vegans if we can all mutually respect each other's choices and go about our business. I'll gladly prepare vegetarian meal choices at my gatherings and make them delicious, all I ask is that it's okay to tote a burger along with me when I go over their houses.

MY TIMELINE:

MAY 2004: Met Online

NOV 2004: Andy's 1st stay with me in Florida, 3 weeks.

FEB/MAR 2005: Andy's 2nd stay with me in Florida, 1 month

APR/MAY 2005: Andy's 3rd stay with me in Florida, 1 month

OCT 2005-FEB 2006: I stay with Andy in England, 4 1/2 months

* I Proposed on Christmas 2005 & YES!*

MAY-AUG 2006: I stay with Andy in England, 3 1/2 months

AUG 2006: Andy's 4th stay with me in Florida, 3 weeks.

NOV 2006-JAN 2007: Andy's 5th stay with me in Florida, 1 3/4 months

09/05/06: I-129F Packet Sent!!

09/21/06: NOA1 Received.

12/07/06: NOA2 RECEIVED!!! W00t!!!

03/02/07: Sent off final Packet 3 checklist

03/20/07: Received Packet 4 Letter!!!!

INTERVIEW DATE: 04/19/07!!!!

04/19/07 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS! APPROVED!!

04/26/07 - Passport w/ visa arrives via courier

Delta Flight arriving with fiance on 05/04/07!!!

05/04/07 - Home at last!!! w0000000t!!

06/01/07 - Our 'first' wedding at the county clerk's office.

09/19/08 - Andy walked out. That total dumb-a$$.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

"I was saying that the average person has a little bit of a hypocritical streak when it comes to eating meat"

I just had to comment on this, I couldn't walk away from it. I just do not understand your way of thinking, on this matter, at all.

"I'm hoping to move back to vegetarianism by the end of summer" - but I don't have a problem eating meat now.

"Difficult when hubster does all the cooking and is a serious carnivore" - I don't see what your husband's eating habits have to do with your choices at all. My husband kills, prepares, cooks and eats meat, but that doesn't mean I do.

"I have never eaten baby animals" - but it's not a problem to eat their parents.

I just don't get your rationale on the subject.

Edited by Girona40

Our journey started in 2001 and it's still not over. It's been a rollercoaster ride all the way! Let me off - I wanna be sick!

Timeline
Galaxy is made by Mars, so I would guess the answer is yes. Better stick to Cadbury's in future.

I can't stand Cadbury's chocolate - I find it has a rancid taste. So that isn't an option for me.

I looked up this question of whey being used in Masterfood's chocolate and they say that any bars with a "best before" date of 1st October 07 don't have the animal whey in, so vegetarians are okay to eat this. Any with a "best before" date after 1st October 07 has animal whey in it.

Letter to Customer from Masterfoods

I guess I am just going to wither away now! :crying:

Our journey started in 2001 and it's still not over. It's been a rollercoaster ride all the way! Let me off - I wanna be sick!

Galaxy is made by Mars, so I would guess the answer is yes. Better stick to Cadbury's in future.

I can't stand Cadbury's chocolate - I find it has a rancid taste. So that isn't an option for me.

:devil::devil::devil:

I looked up this question of whey being used in Masterfood's chocolate and they say that any bars with a "best before" date of 1st October 07 don't have the animal whey in, so vegetarians are okay to eat this. Any with a "best before" date after 1st October 07 has animal whey in it.

I took a random sampling of some Masterfoods products in my office's canteen; none of them had a best before date before 01/10/2007. Guess the vegetarians and people grossed out by animal rennet are SOL. :crying:

Timeline
Girona just switch to Green & Black's. http://www.greenandblacks.com

:)

I may just have to do that! I was just talking to my husband about how deprived I am going to feel, now that I can't eat Galaxy, and mentioned your suggestion. He said it was pretty good chocolate!

But, I am a bit weird in some ways........I know you all find that really hard to believe.........if I were to buy Green & Black's chocolate I would feel guilty, because I feel it is more of a "luxury" product. I would feel that I shouldn't be buying it, whereas I could buy half a dozen bars of "old cheapie" Galaxy and not think anything of it!

Maybe, like I said before, it would be a good thing. I could buy Green & Black's chocolate as a "treat" and not so much as a staple!

I still feel pretty p*ssed that Mars have done this!

Girona just switch to Green & Black's. http://www.greenandblacks.com

:)

I may just have to do that! I was just talking to my husband about how deprived I am going to feel, now that I can't eat Galaxy, and mentioned your suggestion. He said it was pretty good chocolate!

But, I am a bit weird in some ways........I know you all find that really hard to believe.........if I were to buy Green & Black's chocolate I would feel guilty, because I feel it is more of a "luxury" product. I would feel that I shouldn't be buying it, whereas I could buy half a dozen bars of "old cheapie" Galaxy and not think anything of it!

Maybe, like I said before, it would be a good thing. I could buy Green & Black's chocolate as a "treat" and not so much as a staple!

I still feel pretty p*ssed that Mars have done this!

Chocolate should never be a staple anyway, it's very unhealthy.

Green and Black's chocolate is far, far, FAR superior to any of the mass market candy bars out there. It is a luxury product, but chocolate should only ever be a luxury anyway. :thumbs:

If you're living in the US, G&B is the same price as imported Cadbury's.

Plus, choccie should never be a staple in anyone's diet (& only be a treat)!

:devil::devil::devil:

I took a random sampling of some Masterfoods products in my office's canteen; none of them had a best before date before 01/10/2007. Guess the vegetarians and people grossed out by animal rennet are SOL. :crying:

And how many random samples did you sample......lol :whistle:

DCF - London

18 Jul 04 - Police Certificate Requested

19 Jul 04 - I-130 sent

22 Jul 04 - NOA I-130 logged with INS

29 Jul 04 - DS230 sent

29 Jul 04 - Had vaccinations

14 Aug 04 - Police Certificate Received

30 Sept 04 - I-130 approved

30 Nov 04 - Received I-864 from co sponsor

04 Dec 04 - Sent DS2001

13 Jan 05 - Interview date 04 Feb 05

04 Feb 05 - VISA APPROVED!!!

08 Feb 05 - Proud owner of IR-1 Visa

09 Jun 05 - Arrived in the USA

24 April 09 - US Citizen

26551rm8.th.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Chocolate should never be a staple anyway, it's very unhealthy.
Plus, choccie should never be a staple in anyone's diet (& only be a treat)!

Personal choice me dearies, personal choice. If Girona wants to eat chocolate to her hearts content she can. It's up to her. :D

Edited by mags

Timeline

Derrrrrrrrrrr! I was only kidding!

I don't eat chocolate very much - I usually bring it back to the US with me when I have been on a visit to the UK.

I gave it up for Lent and didn't have a problem - in fact, when I did allow myself to have it again, I didn't really want it anyway.

I do like a bit of chocolate every now and again, but like Mags says "If I want to stuff my face with chocolate every day of my life, then I will!" lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.