J Laredo

Administrative processing but they kept passport

28 posts in this topic

On 9/3/2018 at 4:50 AM, J Laredo said:

Wow, sorry you have even more wait than we have. I just had an uncomfortable feeling about it. It has been six weeks now and they told us 10 to 20 working days. I talk to a lawyer  last week. She told me after 60 days has passed that she can call and find out what’s going on. So the middle of September we will do that. She also mentioned I might call my congressman and have them have one of their aides make a phone call too.  There are menu options on the phone line for both of those things.  she said a waiver wouldn’t be appropriate for us, which I assumed since my husband was exonerated and wouldn’t need forgiveness. She said if we get a denial, then she can argue it with them with court paperwork, and if they still deny him then we can sue the government. She said the government doesn’t like that. I intend to pursue it to the end. It will be expensive. First round will be $2000, then more. I’m so mad I’ll take out a loan if I have to!  it’s very frustrating when you can’t even get them to answer an email that they say that they respond to when they really don’t.  They are holding the cards and we are all just waiting in the dark. Not fair.  Please let us know when you hear anything. 

Thats true, they dont respond to emails, i sent them lots of emails but unfortunately no response at all. We gotta be patient, wish u all the best

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 hours ago, Tuta137 said:

Its really frustrating and boring.

Unfortunately im still waiting for my visa to get issued. Its been nearly 10 months that my passport is in the US Embassy and im still waiting.

Such a long and boring process and they never respond to my emails

I contacted an attorney to make an inquiry. She has to email twice, then in 30 days with no answer, she can do a request through LegalNet. Then another 30 day wait before they “have to” respond. you might be able to do this LegalNet yourself. Check it out on the internet. I did everything myself before and don’t have the time and patience to figure it out myself. 

• 1 year later...
On 10/16/2018 at 12:38 AM, Tuta137 said:

Its really frustrating and boring.

Unfortunately im still waiting for my visa to get issued. Its been nearly 10 months that my passport is in the US Embassy and im still waiting.

Such a long and boring process and they never respond to my emails

You finally got you visa issued?

Jun 10, 2019 First Interview at US Embassy Manila, 07:40 AM resulted to refusal pending:

1. I-601 Waiver for Inadmissibility
2. 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage (send with Passport)
Jun 19, 2019 Sent 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage (send with Passport)
Jun 20, 2019 Courier delivery of 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage and Passport
Jun 21, 2019 Sent I-601 Waiver package to USCIS Nebraska Service Center
Jun 23, 2019 Courier confirmed delivery of I-601 Waiver
Jun 24, 2019 USCIS receipt of I-601 Waiver
Jun 25, 2019 US Embassy Manila receipt of 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage and Passport
Jul 3, 2019 Filed for USCIS expedite processing of I-601 Waiver
Jul 15, 2019 USCIS denied request for expedite of I-601 Waiver
Jul 25, 2019 Filed for NEW request for USCIS expedite processing of I-601 Waiver
Aug 9, 2019 USCIS approval of I-601 Waiver of Inadmissibility
Aug 9, 2019 US Embassy Manila receipt of notification from USCIS of Approved I-601 Waiver
Aug 14, 2019 CEAC status is Administrative Processing
Aug 19, 31, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same
Sep 3, 4, 6, 11, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same
Sep 12, 2019 Reached out to Cong. Napolitano
Sep 13, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same
Sep 14, 2019 Received letter dated Sep 10. Your visa application is refused for Administrative Processing. You will be informed when processing is complete.
Sep 16, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same
Sep 17, 2019 Cong. Napolitano forwarded response by Embassy dated Sep 16, XXXXX case is pending the completion of administrative processing in order to verify her qualifications for this visa.

Sep 17 & 30, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same

Oct 7 & 8, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same

Oct 11,17, 22, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same

Oct 29, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same

Timeline
1 hour ago, DAWme said:

You finally got you visa issued?

No he was denied for a false criminal charge he had. Took 5 months to get the denial after the appointment. I don’t think they really read the files well and said he could have  been guilty, which he was not, and the evidence was clear. Full exoneration.  I contacted  my congressman to ask him to urge that thorough consideration be given to our case.  I also sent the court files translated into English and just found out  two weeks ago that we get another appointment next month. I hope they see the light this time, but I don’t want to have false hopes. 

Interestingly, when they sent us the denial letter, they said the passport was in the package, which it was not. I emailed them three times and each time they said they had sent it back for sure. They sure did not! About two months later I received a phone call saying that they had it and they were sending it back. At least they found it. I’m tired of dealing with this system. 

39 minutes ago, J Laredo said:

No he was denied for a false criminal charge he had. Took 5 months to get the denial after the appointment. I don’t think they really read the files well and said he could have  been guilty, which he was not, and the evidence was clear. Full exoneration.  I contacted  my congressman to ask him to urge that thorough consideration be given to our case.  I also sent the court files translated into English and just found out  two weeks ago that we get another appointment next month. I hope they see the light this time, but I don’t want to have false hopes. 

Interestingly, when they sent us the denial letter, they said the passport was in the package, which it was not. I emailed them three times and each time they said they had sent it back for sure. They sure did not! About two months later I received a phone call saying that they had it and they were sending it back. At least they found it. I’m tired of dealing with this system. 

He was denied due to the "false" drug charge? how did you know that this is the reason? and there is no other "undeclared" offenses? they did not recommend waiver even if it is 19 years ago? about the passport, how can a seemingly "sophisticated" process  just misplace a passport, this is worrisome!

Edited by DAWme

Jun 10, 2019 First Interview at US Embassy Manila, 07:40 AM resulted to refusal pending:

Jun 20, 2019 Courier delivery of 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage and Passport
Jun 25, 2019 US Embassy Manila receipt of 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage and Passport
Jul 25, 2019 Filed for NEW request for USCIS expedite processing of I-601 Waiver
Aug 9, 2019 US Embassy Manila receipt of notification from USCIS of Approved I-601 Waiver
Sep 3, 4, 6, 11, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same
Sep 14, 2019 Received letter dated Sep 10. Your visa application is refused for Administrative Processing. You will be informed when processing is complete.
Sep 17, 2019 Cong. Napolitano forwarded response by Embassy dated Sep 16, XXXXX case is pending the completion of administrative processing in order to verify her qualifications for this visa.

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, J Laredo said:

Drug charges are a very specific issue with USCIS. From what I understand you dont need a conviction to be denied and they can deny you if its suspected you are a drug trafficker. . If any immigration officer "knows or has reason to believe" that a person has been involved in trafficking in controlled substances,that person is inadmissible to the United States. This includes individuals who aid, abet, conspire, or collude with others in illicit drug trafficking. I think its a good sign that you are getting a second interview and I do hope you are successful!

Timeline
10 hours ago, Villanelle said:

Drug charges are a very specific issue with USCIS. From what I understand you dont need a conviction to be denied and they can deny you if its suspected you are a drug trafficker. . If any immigration officer "knows or has reason to believe" that a person has been involved in trafficking in controlled substances,that person is inadmissible to the United States. This includes individuals who aid, abet, conspire, or collude with others in illicit drug trafficking. I think its a good sign that you are getting a second interview and I do hope you are successful!

That is exactly the circumstance stated in the denial letter. He was exonerated by the Mexican federal Supreme Court. That wasn’t good enough for USCIS.  He had paid a worker at his dive shop his salary that day,  who later in the day bought a gram of cocaine. My husband had left the island for the mainland hours earlier. There were many lies spun by the buyer and the two dealers. They later recanted when they knew it wouldn’t help them. They had been observed in the purchase and use by a district attorney.   They finally admitted my husband had nothing to do with it. But all that earlier stuff is in the files and made USCIS question his involvement. 

Timeline
11 hours ago, DAWme said:

He was denied due to the "false" drug charge? how did you know that this is the reason? and there is no other "undeclared" offenses? they did not recommend waiver even if it is 19 years ago? about the passport, how can a seemingly "sophisticated" process  just misplace a passport, this is worrisome!

They send you a letter with the reason for denial. Read the other post from this morning. A waiver is for when you actually did something wrong and you’re asking a pardon for it. So that didn’t really fit, and the “reason to believe” thing the other poster mentioned is liberally applied. it is a permanent denial. An attorney cannot fight it but one can present additional evidence oneself. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2018 at 6:08 PM, Jha14 said:

Visa Category: F1 (Unmarried daughter of the U.S Citizen)

My first interview was last month July 09, 2018 in U.S Embassy Manila after the interview the lady gave me a 221(g) form but they kept my passport. July 12, 2018 I submitted all the additional documents. 

07 August 2018 received an email from the U.S Embassy Manila requesting me to return to U.S Embassy Manila and proceed to window 70. I just want to know if it is a good sign or a bad sign? I’m really nervous right now anyone can give me an advice regarding this issue. They don’t say anything only to return and proceed to window 70 😢

what takes place at window 70? did you get your visa? i'm asked to do the same and it is driving me anxious.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 10/22/2019 at 7:42 PM, Villanelle said:

Got the visa approved at the interview Tuesday. Officer told him the bogus

drug thing was “case closed” for them. Score one for the good guys. 

• 1 year later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.