Amina_KSA

Another affidavit of support question..

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sorry gang,

I know these questions get redundant...

Ok, I am a bit concerned about the affidavit of support because I am currently living outside of the USA with my husband, and I'm not working. I have no income to claim on the affidavit...

However, I do have a mother and a grandmother who are more than pleased to fill out financial support forms, and both meet the 125% criteria, etc...

Is there hope for us?

Thanks,

Amina

Me: USC DH: Egyptian Citizen

Together we have a beautiful son, born on Christmas day 2007

Filing DCF (IR-1) from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia:

July 30, 2008 - Filed I-130 at Riyadh Embassy

August 3, 2008 - I-130 Approved

The embassy let us delay the interview so that my husband would have time to finish his work contract.

November 3, 2008 - Final Interview, APPROVED!!!

The embassy let us wait until late January to submit the passport for the visa so that DH could finish his work contract.

February 9, 2009 - VISA IN PASSPORT!!! (DH's birthdate wrong on visa, embassy keeps it for correction - gah!!!)

February 15, 2009 - CORRECTED VISA IN PASSPORT!!! WOOOHOOOOO!!!

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
Simple answer is yes, there is always hope when you have family members willing and able to help. They have to fill in forms too, the guides should tell you which ones or I am sure someone will be able to assist you with that. Good luck.

Janice

Janice,

Thanks so much for your answer. I guess I have another rather stupid question...but how do you guys sort out all the information out there and know how to file all of these papers? I really have no one to help us with this and we are so scared that we'll miss a document or make a simple mistake that could have been avoided had we had someone to guide us.

Me: USC DH: Egyptian Citizen

Together we have a beautiful son, born on Christmas day 2007

Filing DCF (IR-1) from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia:

July 30, 2008 - Filed I-130 at Riyadh Embassy

August 3, 2008 - I-130 Approved

The embassy let us delay the interview so that my husband would have time to finish his work contract.

November 3, 2008 - Final Interview, APPROVED!!!

The embassy let us wait until late January to submit the passport for the visa so that DH could finish his work contract.

February 9, 2009 - VISA IN PASSPORT!!! (DH's birthdate wrong on visa, embassy keeps it for correction - gah!!!)

February 15, 2009 - CORRECTED VISA IN PASSPORT!!! WOOOHOOOOO!!!

Amina,

Please start reading the guides in this forum. Then ask questions. We will try to answer your questions. Good Luck.

Sorry gang,

I know these questions get redundant...

Ok, I am a bit concerned about the affidavit of support because I am currently living outside of the USA with my husband, and I'm not working. I have no income to claim on the affidavit...

However, I do have a mother and a grandmother who are more than pleased to fill out financial support forms, and both meet the 125% criteria, etc...

Is there hope for us?

Thanks,

Amina

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

how do you guys sort out all the information out there and know how to file all of these papers? I really have no one to help us with this and we are so scared that we'll miss a document or make a simple mistake that could have been avoided had we had someone to guide us.

My husband and I did DCF in Cairo, and we didn't know anything about the process, either. But, when I called the US Consulate in Cairo, they gave me a list of the information I needed to file a petition. They told me which papers needed an english translation, where to get certified copies of certain documents, and they told me I could pick up a packet of information at the window of the Consulate. The packet was the most helpful. And, if I didn't understand something in the packet, I would send an email or call the American Services at the Embassy.

After we were sure we had the right information, I called and made an appointment to file the I-130 petition. Contact your embassy in Riyadh to see what your requirements are, and ask if they can send you a packet of information, or if you can pick it up.

It can seem like you're stuck in a rat maze at times. But, just take everything step by step.

RiyadhACS@state.gov - to ask questions

RiyadhIV@state.gov - to make an appointment

bollywood.gifBolly5.gif

My brother, believe, if you wish, in a stone, but don't dare strike me with it. You are free to worship what you wish,

but others' beliefs do not concern you. - Wafa Sultan

qualitydisplaya1.gif11573404S-1-vi.gifdontbelieve-mufkin.gif

www.sparealife.org

www.lazyenvironmentalist.com

www.freerice.com

glitteryourway-a2b509eb.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.