BQuinne

No luck with InFopass Appointment :-(

4 posts in this topic

Good evening everyone,

I have been trying to make an InfoPass appointment for the past 2 weeks and up till now, I haven't had any luck. We live in Maryland and there is only one USCIS Field office -- in Baltimore but making an appointment in this field office is like searching a needle in a hay stack.  I also tried DC, Virginia and even Philadelphia but to no avail.

Now, I tried Newark, New Jersey which is 3 1/2 hours away from our county and fortunately, I got an appointment -- this morning.

Has anyone had the same experience? If so, were you able to obtain a stamp? Please share your experience(s).  I appreciate it.

Thank you so much.

Bq

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 6:12 PM, BQuinne said:

Good evening everyone,

I have been trying to make an InfoPass appointment for the past 2 weeks and up till now, I haven't had any luck. We live in Maryland and there is only one USCIS Field office -- in Baltimore but making an appointment in this field office is like searching a needle in a hay stack.  I also tried DC, Virginia and even Philadelphia but to no avail.

Now, I tried Newark, New Jersey which is 3 1/2 hours away from our county and fortunately, I got an appointment -- this morning.

Has anyone had the same experience? If so, were you able to obtain a stamp? Please share your experience(s).  I appreciate it.

Thank you so much.

Bq

Hi, we also live in MD and are in the same situation, we will keep trying Norfolk, VA because at Baltimore and Fairfax you can forget it, I've heard that going to other offices all depends on the officers that day and if they woke up happy that morning, although we are going to really explain the situation and take copies of all these people who can't get appointments in Baltimore and Fairfax, VA and see if that would help, VA has two offices.  Did you try Norfolk, VA, I'm thinking about 2hours away, sorry that I can't give you any information on NJ, but hopes this helps a little bit.

ROC Timeline
Service Center: Vermont
90 Day Window Opened... 05/09/2017
I-751 Packet Sent.............  08/09/2017
NO1 Dated......................... 08/11/2017

Check Cashed............... 08/13/2017
NO1 Received.................... 08/14/2017
Biometrics Received.........  09/12/2017
Biometrics Appointment..  .09/19/2017  (Walked in early (09-11-2017) no problem!!)
Approved............................xx/xx/xx

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 6:12 PM, BQuinne said:

Good evening everyone,

Thank you so much.

Bq

Literally just went to Norfolk, VA use the area code 23324 and got an appointment, they had plenty...

ROC Timeline
Service Center: Vermont
90 Day Window Opened... 05/09/2017
I-751 Packet Sent.............  08/09/2017
NO1 Dated......................... 08/11/2017

Check Cashed............... 08/13/2017
NO1 Received.................... 08/14/2017
Biometrics Received.........  09/12/2017
Biometrics Appointment..  .09/19/2017  (Walked in early (09-11-2017) no problem!!)
Approved............................xx/xx/xx

Thank you for the reply. I got an appointment in Baltimore on Aug. 13th. Yes, unbelievable.  

I'm not sure if you're familiar with Auto Refresh Plus.  What my husband did was he installed Auto Refresh Plus. You can google and download it - it is free and it's secure.

Now, what Auto Refresh Plus does is it notifies if 'something' changes on a website. You can set the timer, say for instance every 2 or 3 seconds and you will get a notification like a beep.

What we did was we set the timer on a Sunday and the computer beeped at around midnight and I immediately jumped up and went to the InfoPass website and voila, there were plenty of slots and I took the earliest time available which was 9:00 am.

Now, a piece of advice. You need to be quick when you are making your schedule. By quick, I mean, you need to have your case number and A number handy so that you can immediately type in the information that is needed.  

But be informed that it won't let you make an appointment if you already have one, in this case you already made one for Norfolk.  So, you need to cancel whatever or wherever appointment you had previously made. Again, it won't let you go any further.  Just like what happened to me, I didn't cancel Newark and when I was about to choose the time, a notification popped up on my screen saying you already have an appointment.  So, I immediately went to the "edit" portion and put in my case number and cancelled my appointment. And then I immediately went back and put in our zip code and very fortunately, the schedule I wanted was still available so I grabbed it.

In any case, please try and I strongly advise to do it at midnight.  There is no harm in trying.

I was told by another VJ member that a stamp is provided only at the local office where you had your Biometrics taken. But again, maybe every State is different. And it could be your lucky day. 🙂

Either way, whatever you and your spouse decide to do, I wish you all the best and once again, thank you for the response and hope my advice helps.

All the best,

Bquinne

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.