Mike & Chai

Appointment Schedule with first name and middle name

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone. It's my first time to ask a question here on VisaJourney and I really hope you guys can enlighten me. I'm just a little bit worried with regards to my appointment schedule for my interview. I added my middle name to my first name so what shows on my confirmation letter is: Last name, First names+Middle name. I already have two first names btw and that's what I also did on my DS-160 cause here in the Philippines we always include our middle names when being asked for our full name. So yeah. I'm just worried cause the confirmation letter for the DS-160 doesn't show my middle name even if I included it and on my appointment letter it shows everything. Is there gonna be a problem with that? I just don't wanna get questioned on the day of my interview. I hope anyone understood everything I said 🙈

Filed: AOS (apr) Country:
Timeline

You petition, does it have both first name and last name?

DS-160, you filled it out with both first names and last name? You said yes.

Does your passport have your first names and last name as it shows on the petition?

Does your Birth Certificate have both names on it as well? 

If you answered YES to all, then you should have no problem. When we applied for k1 visa, my wife (fiance back then) received the notice with only first and last name and she does have two first names. She was not questioned because all other documents have her First names, middle name and last name same as on her Passport, BC and Police report. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mmagic said:

You petition, does it have both first name and last name?

DS-160, you filled it out with both first names and last name? You said yes.

Does your passport have your first names and last name as it shows on the petition?

Does your Birth Certificate have both names on it as well? 

If you answered YES to all, then you should have no problem. When we applied for k1 visa, my wife (fiance back then) received the notice with only first and last name and she does have two first names. She was not questioned because all other documents have her First names, middle name and last name same as on her Passport, BC and Police report. 

I answer Yes to everything. The name that I put on my appointment schedule is the same as what shows on my passport, BC and petition. I just got confused when I saw that the confirmation page on the DS-160 that I need to print out didn't show my middle name (a.k.a. my mom's last name) but on the appointment schedule it showed everything. So yeah I just got worried with that part. Thank you so much for answering and God bless. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country:
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Mike & Chai said:

I answer Yes to everything. The name that I put on my appointment schedule is the same as what shows on my passport, BC and petition. I just got confused when I saw that the confirmation page on the DS-160 that I need to print out didn't show my middle name (a.k.a. my mom's last name) but on the appointment schedule it showed everything. So yeah I just got worried with that part. Thank you so much for answering and God bless. 

32 minutes ago, Mike & Chai said:

When you go to your interview this should not be a problem. If you say your DS-260 that you filled online had both first names and your mother maiden name and last name, you are good. But if you are not sure, then, at the interview you just bring it up and they will correct any discrepancies.From what I understand,There is no way to make corrections to DS-260 after it was submitted, Any corrections can be done during the Interview. But from what you are saying, all filled correct, so I would not worry about it...Good Luck!

My wife is Filipina as well and I know about the two first names, mother family name and dad's family name. You are good. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.