karslaw19

I485 Approved and seconds later status Changed to “Case reopened “

16 posts in this topic

Hello. My husband And I had our interview on June 26, 2018. Interview went well. Officer said we should receive an answer soon. On the 26 I got email notification that my card was being produced. Then on the 27th it said approved and senconds later it changed to “your case has been reopened, we are considering our previous decision “ I was so happy and then this happened. Can someone explain pleasee

Filed: AOS (apr) Country:
Timeline

This happens sometimes from what I understand. The officer who conducted the Interview approved your I-485 indeed, then a day or two later a higher ranking officer will validate the action and will notice that there is something missing, most likely background check. You should receive a reopening notice or other action notice. This might be short time issue and it could go on for sometimes. Just wait and see what they will send you...

But hope this is only a problem and issue or glitch with the case online and  your receive your Green Card soon.

Edited by Mmagic

Thank you so much! Saturday I received the approval for the I-130 and I-485 and today Monday I received the letter saying they reopened the case if they needed more information they will let me know. I just want this to be over already 🙁 thank you so much for your replies. I will keep you updated 

43 minutes ago, Mmagic said:

This happens sometimes from what I understand. The officer who conducted the Interview approved your I-485 indeed, then a day or two later a higher ranking officer will validate the action and will notice that there is something missing, most likely background check. You should receive a reopening notice or other action notice. This might be short time issue and it could go on for sometimes. Just wait and see what they will send you...

But hope this is only a problem and issue or glitch with the case online and  your receive your Green Card soon.

Thank you I hope so to. The interview went well or atleast I think we did

49 minutes ago, mushroomspore said:

Wait a week to see if your card actually arrives. If not, then make an Infopass appointment. 

Inmase

50 minutes ago, mushroomspore said:

Wait a week to see if your card actually arrives. If not, then make an Infopass appointment. 

I made an info pass for the 16th of this month just in case. It is really hard to get an info pass so I went ahead of time if anything I will cancel it 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country:
Timeline

By the way, when we went for AOS interview on June  9th, my wife was asked to submit a new Medical Exam which we did five days later. But what was interesting he said your case is approved pending back ground check that take 45 days. Well, 16 days later my wife receive her green card. 

I know this different in your case, but wanted to mention this background check and why they would still have to do it after submitting the AOS and waiting for so long for the interview to be told they still will do background check.

By the way, just keep checking your case online for any changes...I noticed that Fridays are the days they do most updates. 

Edited by Mmagic

2 minutes ago, Mmagic said:

By the way, when we went for AOS interview on June  9th, my wife was asked to submit a new Medical Exam which we did five days later. But what was interesting he said your case is approved pending back ground check that take 45 days. Well, 16 days later my wife receive her green card. 

I know this different in your case, but wanted to mention this background check and why they would still have to do it after submitting the AOS and waiting for so long for the interview to be told they still will do background check.

I did not know about the background check. I toghut they did all that rigth before the interview. Hopefully I get an answer soon. Congratulations to your wife :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

We are going through the same thing. Within hours of i485 interview and everything going well and the iffficer saying you are all set it changed from gc being processed. Case approved to reopened for reconsideration. Did you get the ketter with this notice and what did it say? - reason for reopening and reconsideration? Thanks

Edited by Hbss
Notice for replies

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2018 at 8:19 PM, MGAN said:

Hey guys I’m having exact issues, please can we share how the case ended 

Hello. I ended up moving states. And my new field office made me do another interview and Approved me. I now have my Green card :)

On 11/9/2018 at 5:56 PM, Hbss said:

We are going through the same thing. Within hours of i485 interview and everything going well and the iffficer saying you are all set it changed from gc being processed. Case approved to reopened for reconsideration. Did you get the ketter with this notice and what did it say? - reason for reopening and reconsideration? Thanks

I moved states. New field office did another interview and got approved :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/8/2018 at 2:59 PM, ruying said:

The same thing happened to me.i have no idea now.so what’s your story end? Did

you get GC now?

Did you get your GC now? Same thing happened to mine.

On 11/18/2018 at 10:19 PM, MGAN said:

Hey guys I’m having exact issues, please can we share how the case ended 

Did you get your GC?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.