10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Has anyone else failed to receive an NOA1 (i-797c) for their I-485? 

I never got one, only got a RFE which I responded to. I can not view my case online as it now says invalid but it did show back in October last year. 

I am panicking now I have to renew my EAD and AP as I cannot for the life of me get them to send me one. I cannot afford for pay the $1000 to obtain a new one and I feel so alone in the process. I cant afford a lawyer at this stage either. 

What do I do? :'( :'( 

1 hour ago, ZoeUK1989 said:

Has anyone else failed to receive an NOA1 (i-797c) for their I-485? 

I never got one, only got a RFE which I responded to. I can not view my case online as it now says invalid but it did show back in October last year. 

I am panicking now I have to renew my EAD and AP as I cannot for the life of me get them to send me one. I cannot afford for pay the $1000 to obtain a new one and I feel so alone in the process. I cant afford a lawyer at this stage either. 

What do I do? :'( :'( 

When did you apply? If you never got the notice, request it online. If you don't hear back, schedule an InfoPass appointment to get a copy. Mail goes missing from time to time.

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDNForm.do 

Edited by GreatDane

Timeline
1 hour ago, GreatDane said:

When did you apply? If you never got the notice, request it online. If you don't hear back, schedule an InfoPass appointment to get a copy. Mail goes missing from time to time.

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDNForm.do 

It wont let me request online and the i797c is not an option either. There are no info pass appointments available at my local office either  I have emailed people and done what they told me to do and nothing. :(

39 minutes ago, ZoeUK1989 said:

It wont let me request online and the i797c is not an option either. There are no info pass appointments available at my local office either  I have emailed people and done what they told me to do and nothing. :(

Don't request an I797 via the webform - enter your case information for I-485. 

InfoPass appointments are only posted once a day Monday-Friday, typically between 12:00 am and 2:00 am. They are first come, first served. Depending on your local office, you'll have to try a few days in order to get an appointment. 

It's a headache and it will take some waiting, but should be relatively easy to resolve. An InfoPass is the best option to get a clear update on your case and the best way forward. Plus, it's free.

Timeline
35 minutes ago, GreatDane said:

Don't request an I797 via the webform - enter your case information for I-485. 

InfoPass appointments are only posted once a day Monday-Friday, typically between 12:00 am and 2:00 am. They are first come, first served. Depending on your local office, you'll have to try a few days in order to get an appointment. 

It's a headache and it will take some waiting, but should be relatively easy to resolve. An InfoPass is the best option to get a clear update on your case and the best way forward. Plus, it's free.

Oh I see what you mean, put in i485 instead however i have tried this on my laptop and my phone and it is not bringing up any options so I am guessing their site doesnt even work right now. 

I went to an infopass appointment a while ago because they said what I had provided as proof of birth wasnt sufficient and at that point they told me they hadnt even receieved my case yet. 

I will keep checking but in the mean time I am going to apply for ead with the evidence I have. If i am waiting for an appointment anyway i may as well try right? 

1 hour ago, ZoeUK1989 said:

Oh I see what you mean, put in i485 instead however i have tried this on my laptop and my phone and it is not bringing up any options so I am guessing their site doesnt even work right now. 

I went to an infopass appointment a while ago because they said what I had provided as proof of birth wasnt sufficient and at that point they told me they hadnt even receieved my case yet. 

I will keep checking but in the mean time I am going to apply for ead with the evidence I have. If i am waiting for an appointment anyway i may as well try right? 

Eh, the form keeps breaking. You just have to keep refreshing. It worked the third time I brought it up in Chrome.

You applied for AOS, correct? Was your payment cashed? I saw another thread that said you had some confirmation of acceptance. Did you do biometrics in the us?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, GreatDane said:

Eh, the form keeps breaking. You just have to keep refreshing. It worked the third time I brought it up in Chrome.

You applied for AOS, correct? Was your payment cashed? I saw another thread that said you had some confirmation of acceptance. Did you do biometrics in the us?

Yes that's correct. I applied for the AOS back in July last year and I also went to the biometrics. Check was cashed and I recieved everything as I should for the EAD and AP but not my I485. 

I'll have to keep trying with the form :)

13 minutes ago, ZoeUK1989 said:

Yes that's correct. I applied for the AOS back in July last year and I also went to the biometrics. Check was cashed and I recieved everything as I should for the EAD and AP but not my I485. 

I'll have to keep trying with the form :)

Yeah, I'm sorry but the wait times have drastically increased. It's 12-24 months in Phoenix so you're in for a long wait. I honestly don't know what the process is to extend your AP/EAD. Back when we did it, it wasn't an issue.

2 hours ago, ZoeUK1989 said:

Yeah very long time to wait and very annoying especially when others only wait 7 months to get everything. Never mind eh 

Thanks for your help :)

Wait times change all the time, but the past two years were awful. We've been removing conditions for 22 months. When we applied, it was about 6 months. The month/two before our application was to be processed, it started taking months just for them to do one week worth of applications. It's just awful. On the plus side, we're all with our spouses :) Hopefully it gets better so other parts of your application go faster!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.