Arete88

RFIE request to expedite AP

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys, 

I filed for AOS, EAD and AP on March 2nd. Since my biometrics were taken on April 6th I hadn't heard any news. However, I have to travel in July for family/health issues (my mother is sick, so as a family we planned a trip with her), so I made a request to expedite the decision on AP. They answered back asking for evidence of the medical issues.

My question is: What should I fax along with the medical certificates? Should I include a first page with the information of my case? Should I include a detailed explanation of my case? Should I include my plane tickets with the precise dates of my trip?

The request was only about medical evidence, and I know people in this forum tend to adopt the view "don't do anything more or less than what you have been explicitly told". But I'm looking for an answer that goes further the formalistic-literal approach. It might be that when writing "medical evidence" the officer was thinking of "at least such kind of evidence", and that more RELEVANT evidence might be beneficial and make the decision-making process easier.

I'm sorry if these questions look silly but I've never done anything similar before, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks for your help!

Edited by Arete88

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

If they asked for medical evidence then send them that. They need to make sure the reason is important. 

Remember you can always go to your country to visit your mom, the problem is returning to US without the AP in hand. Hope you can get your expedited AP in time to see your mom.

What are the usual RFIE/RFE's in relation to? What are the common things that people are requested to send in? I am just about to mail my package next week and want to try and ensure nothing is delayed due to missing evidence! Any help from someone would be great. Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.