5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I just looked through all my paperwork and for the I-485 the only things I ever receieved were 

1. I-797c - rejection notice. This was originally rejected due to not signing a page. I signed it and mailed it all back to them 

2. RFE - saying my proof of birth wasnt sufficient. I responded to the RFE with my birth certificate (which had already been sent with my original application) and some other birth records. 

I received my EAD promptly with I-797C for both work and travel but never receieved anything for my AOS I-485 application. 

I receieved the email to say they had receieved all applications and I could view them online but nowadays the AOS application wont show anything. 

So basically I have no proof of them actually processing my AOS and I need to renew my EAD

When i mentioned this to them on the phone they were about as much use as a chocolate teapot. 

What on earth do I do to renew my EAD if I dont have an I-797c to say I have an AOS in process? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Eric-Pris said:

You are fine.  If they processed the work permit, they are processing the green card.

I am confident they are processing my case however I am more concerned that my city has a 14-22 month processing time and I need to renew my EAD. Without that I-797c I don't know how I renew without being charged over $400. 

Any ideas? 

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.