8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi, I'm about to apply for I-130 + I-865, and am about to go for medical exam.

I do not have my vaccination records with me, and I am strongly opposed to vaccinations (I think they're just wrong!)

I've found on the internet that:

If you have firmly held religious or moral beliefs that do not permit vaccinations and you oppose vaccinations in any form, you may still be eligible for immigration benefit. You will need to apply for a waiver of vaccination requirements by applying Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Excludability, with fee.

My question is: has any tried to apply for this vaccination waiver? Do you know if the application for vaccination waiver is rejected, if I can then take the vaccinations and have the case reopened?

thanks!

Kelvin

• 3 months later...

.. I guess no one has tried it then? :huh:

Would you have any news about this or any updates? I'm curious how it would work...

USAn Suomalaisten Foorumi <-- online place for the Finnish in US

Blog

938 days to get K-3.

AOS approved on day 1304.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Application for Waiver of Ground of Inadmissibility

Purpose of Form :

For an alien who is ineligible to enter the United States to apply for a waiver of excludability.

Number of Pages :

Instructions: 3; Form: 6.

Edition Date :

07/30/07. Previous editions accepted.

Where to File :

If you are not in the United States, file this application with the American Embassy or Consulate where you are filing for a visa.

If you are in the United States and are applying for status as a permanent resident, file with the local office having jurisdiction over your place of residence.

Filing Fee :

$545

Special Instructions :

Note on Filing Fee:

If the application is filed for an alien who has tuberculosis, is mentally retarded, or has a history of mental illness, there is no fee required.

This page can be found at http://www.uscis.gov/i-601

* Download Instructions for Completing Form I-601 (457KB PDF)

* Download I-601 (322KB PDF)

After a bit of googling, I found this on the website for the US Embassy in Australia:

I don't want to have the inoculations/vaccinations. Does that mean I can't have a visa?

Should you not wish to receive any of the required vaccinations, you will be found ineligible to receive an immigrant visa. You may apply for a waiver of that ineligibility, but must establish that compliance with the vaccination requirements would be contrary to your religious beliefs or moral convictions.

To qualify for a waiver you must show that:

1. You are opposed to vaccinations in any form;

2. The objection is based on religious beliefs or moral convictions (whether or not as a member of a recognized religion); and

3. The religious belief or moral conviction (whether or not as part of a recognized religion) is sincere.

A fee is applicable for a vaccination waiver and will be advised at the time of application. The waiver will be sent to our regional USCIS office for their consideration. These waiver applications can take several months to process.

If you are sincere about not wanting vaccinations, I find it interesting that you would then go and have them if your case gets denied ("Do you know if the application for vaccination waiver is rejected, if I can then take the vaccinations and have the case reopened?")

I personally would get an immigration lawyer as their experience would be much more helpful than anything I can google. You are likely to not be their first, nor their last applicant looking for a medical waiver on these grounds.

I would also think about spending $545 on a waiver due to not believing in vaccinations, only to change your mind later if the outcome isn't favorable.

All just my humble opinion, as always.

Edited by WifeOHunkyJohn

2005 August 27th Happily Married

I would also think about spending $545 on a waiver due to not believing in vaccinations, only to change your mind later if the outcome isn't favorable.

All just my humble opinion, as always.

Agreed. Aside from the fact that USCIS is notoriously slow with ALL things; I can only imagine how much a pending vaccination waiver would slow your case down.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I checked the profile and there has been no posts since this one. Ok so it was from May and I didn't notice, but still... I thought the info was useful in case anyone else was wondering.

Anyone know if the OP succeeded in their quest?

2005 August 27th Happily Married

Filed: Timeline

Hi there. I hired an immigration lawyer to go through my application, and he strongly advised me _against_ applying for a waiver. He had a client who applied for some other waiver, and is still waiting to hear back after a year.

I took his advice and bit the bullet and went for the vaccinations. All went well, and have received my interview letter. :-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.