48 posts in this topic

My wife and I have been married for 1 year and 2 months now. It is my 4th time going back here in Philippines and right now I have been here in philippines for almost 7 months now. We just filed our petition today and hoping for fast approval. Any suggestions what should we prepare while waiting for approval? We read that some filers got their approval less than 30 days. Hoping and praying that it will be the same for us too.

I think the best thing you can do is get everything in order for your interview (forms, photos, documents). I'm not familiar with the Philippines but embassy websites usually have a good deal of information, here's the website for the Philippines: https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/family-based-immigration/the-interview/

Of particular interest is "Step 5: Complete the document checklist". Start collecting everything you can now to avoid delays. Being a DCF filer you will likely have to take your completed I864 to the interview (unless DCF in the Philippines is different). You can download the form and instructions here: https://www.uscis.gov/i-864

DCF Mexico

06/04/2017: Married

06/24/2017: Mailed I-130

06/27/2017: NOA1 (technically a RFE as we were missing beneficiary ID)

07/06/2017: NOA2

07/12/2017: Case assigned by Juarez embassy

07/17/2017: Packet 3 received

08/15/2017: Interview/Approval!

08/22/2017: Visa received via DHL

09/03/2017: POE

09/16/2017: Permanent Resident Card received

Total days from NOA1 to approval: 49

I wrote a DCF Mexico guide! http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php?title=DCF_Mexico

My husband (petitioner) filed last April 30th, no email yet. We have been married for nearly 6 years, we have 1 child (us citizen via consular report of birth). Hoping for a very fast approval too.

I already have prepared the following:

Original PSA of my birth certificate

PSA Marriage contract

Son's Crba and birth certificate

Hubby's cenomar/cemar

My cenomar/cemar

Nbi clearance under my married name and single name

Police clearance i obtained from a foreign country (i lived abroad before)

Hubby's I-864

To prove domicile:

New car registration 

Newly opened US credit card

Newly opened US savings account

New drivers license

My husband flew to the states a few weeks ago to get some documents done. I also have a B1/B2 visit visa valid until 2022 so i hope they dont give us a hard time on the domicile thing as my husband also maintained a bank account and credit card anyway.

9 minutes ago, jkutscher said:

@nikkiprs Is it okay to travel to the US while petition is pending? I have a job offer and I wanted to take it so I can also work on the domicile. 

You just filed so it will be coming very soon up to 60 days in hand with the visa very fast. You dont really need to work on the proof of domicile because you just got in this country 7 months ago so maybe the concern is AOS if you need a joint sponsor.

@deafguy72 thank you for the encouraging words. Yes my stepfather and mom is going to be my co sponsor. Is it okay to travel to the US because I was offered a job and want to take it so I have job as supporting evidence for I-864 and can find a place too for my wife and I.

Planning to go back in june and I am afraid it will affect our pending petition. Do I have to continuously be a resident here in the Philippines while our petition is in process? 

10 minutes ago, jkutscher said:

@deafguy72 thank you for the encouraging words. Yes my stepfather and mom is going to be my co sponsor. Is it okay to travel to the US because I was offered a job and want to take it so I have job as supporting evidence for I-864 and can find a place too for my wife and I.

That would be fine I believe so you can prepare everything when the interview comes in :D 

1 minute ago, jkutscher said:

Planning to go back in june and I am afraid it will affect our pending petition. Do I have to continuously be a resident here in the Philippines while our petition is in process? 

Very good question. I would like to know also

@jkutscher  my  husband was in the states for 3 months before he filed for my petition but US embassy manila still accepted our dcf petition. He's dual citizen though and he has been living in PH since 2009. 

So im guessing it wont really affect the process since its been filed already. Ours was filed as soon as he returned from the states and he's been out of Manila for 3 months and was still accepted. 

1 hour ago, jkutscher said:

You can return to the US after your receive NOA1, which should only be a few days after filing.

DCF Mexico

06/04/2017: Married

06/24/2017: Mailed I-130

06/27/2017: NOA1 (technically a RFE as we were missing beneficiary ID)

07/06/2017: NOA2

07/12/2017: Case assigned by Juarez embassy

07/17/2017: Packet 3 received

08/15/2017: Interview/Approval!

08/22/2017: Visa received via DHL

09/03/2017: POE

09/16/2017: Permanent Resident Card received

Total days from NOA1 to approval: 49

I wrote a DCF Mexico guide! http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php?title=DCF_Mexico

On 11/05/2018 at 9:02 AM, jkutscher said:

@nikkiprs Did you receive any approval notice yet?

None yet. I have a friend who filed a week before us (april 23) no approval notice as well. 

Im just gathering everything i can so we'll be interview ready as soon as we get approval and manila case number. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.