Teamsami

DMV Friends!

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello! 

Some of you may already know that I am trying to get a group of us in the D.C/Maryland area to get together. My husband is Egyptian and I would love for him to interact with others that have moved here from the middle east :) Lets face the facts, sometimes Americans can be difficult to befriend with such cultural differences and values... I think we have this awesome online community of ppl going through the same things we should take advantage of! So if you are reading this and are interested let me know.

I wish I was closer . I thought Washington DC would be more accepting to other cultures . I live in Missouri and oh My God . I feel poeple in Missouri still live in the 17th century . Not only do they not accept people from different cultures but they consider poeple living in blue states as snow flakes . They call them yankees . And call African Americans N word . My husband is government employee who is located here and we are looking for a chance to get the hell out of here .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Wow yeah! For sure what you guys are experiencing is on a whole other level and for that I'm sorry :/ We are called the "United States" but sometimes living in one state vs another can feel like a different country! Over here in the DC area there is a lot more diversity which is a plus. The only struggle we have is my husband works in an office in which he is the only minority. Most men here have a very different definition of fun (drinking/women) than my husband does. In his country its so different. Men can go get coffee with friends and catch up just talk and have a good time :) Over here I feel friendships are more superficial... therefore my initiative to get those in the area to meet

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.