ilovethisprocess

Tokyo Embassy - Post Interview to Visa Receipt - AP

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

This list seems to indicate visas are not being issue until 1 month from "approval" on the day of the interview - am I interpreting this correctly???  Nothing I've read online seemed to indicate people had to wait more than a week or two for visas after the interview.  This list concerns me greatly, please share your experiences.   Is there something wrong with the Tokyo Embassy recently?

https://japan2.usembassy.gov/e/visa/tvisa-niv-admin.html#list

Officer told us after the interview that we were "approved" and passport would be received back within a week.  FWIW, JP embassy website states that "If your visa has been approved, you will be informed how and when your passport and visa will be returned to you.  In general, a passport with a visa will be returned by mail within seven to ten days from an interview."  The embassy cannot be reached, as they are insulated by the UStraveldocs team, and contacting that bunch is a waste of time as they cannot actually do anything other than check the same status we can check online ourselves.  

K1 is the visa in question.  Can anyone here share how long they had to wait from K1 interview to visa receipt??  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I should also clarify, this website says that

"If your visa interview was at the U.S. Embassy in Tokyo and at the time of the interview and you received a form stating that your application requires administrative processing, you may check your status using the chart below."

If our interview outcome stated by the consular officer was "approval" and no further forms were given, should I just disregard that list?  

Anyway, this is a stressful and confusing process to say the least. THANKS

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
5 hours ago, ilovethisprocess said:

I should also clarify, this website says that

"If your visa interview was at the U.S. Embassy in Tokyo and at the time of the interview and you received a form stating that your application requires administrative processing, you may check your status using the chart below."

If our interview outcome stated by the consular officer was "approval" and no further forms were given, should I just disregard that list?  

Anyway, this is a stressful and confusing process to say the least. THANKS

I believe this chart is only for AP cases, so yes from what I understand a direct approval unless undergone AP would not be listed here.

• 1 month later...

Hello 2 weeks now i have been checking on my status which was placed on Administrative Processing at the Tokyo Embassy.
On this link https://japan2.usembassy.gov/e/visa/tvisa-niv-admin.html , it shows Completed but yet, on CAEC status check page, it shows `Under Administrative processing`.
Also when i checked the passport tracking, i had no results. 

Does the website state `Completed` actually mean the immigrant visa was approved and waiting to be printed? How long am I to wait after all these to get my passport back from them. It has been more than a week since the `Completed date was up` which was barely 4 days after the interview which was showing `Pending` before`

Please update.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.