Rachel Rauf

National visa center timeframes

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello everyone my husband and I are waiting to receive a case number so we can get started with our nvc process how long does it normally take? It’s been 5weeks since they received our case is it a bad thing to call them? 

You can call them or send them an email. I send it an email after waiting for 5 weeks, they responded in a week with my case number. do not forget to ask them for your invoice number

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Since your embassy is Islamabad, you're a pivot case which means you will submit the entire application online. 

Sadly, it has been taking anywhere from 8-10 weeks for NVC to assign case numbers to pivot cases. 

My case was received on Feb 1st and I just received my case number via email today - 10 weeks + 1 day after the receive date. 

Having said that, it does not hurt at all to call. I have been calling pretty much every day for the past 3 weeks. 

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

Timeline
1 hour ago, Gigi24 said:

You can call them or send them an email. I send it an email after waiting for 5 weeks, they responded in a week with my case number. do not forget to ask them for your invoice number

I called them today and still no case number but thank you I’m glad you said that

Timeline
36 minutes ago, MahiAS said:

Since your embassy is Islamabad, you're a pivot case which means you will submit the entire application online. 

Sadly, it has been taking anywhere from 8-10 weeks for NVC to assign case numbers to pivot cases. 

My case was received on Feb 1st and I just received my case number via email today - 10 weeks + 1 day after the receive date. 

Having said that, it does not hurt at all to call. I have been calling pretty much every day for the past 3 weeks. 

What do you mean I will do everything online? I still have to mail affidavit of support and application to them right? 

Timeline
Just now, Rachel Rauf said:

What do you mean I will do everything online? I still have to mail affidavit of support and application to them right? 

I know we will need a joint sponsor as my income is not enough so I was hoping I could just send in the other persons affidavit and tax info with mine how would that work? 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Rachel Rauf said:

No, you don’t mail anything. Everything is done online. You scan all the documents and upload on the website. You’ll get exact instructions once you get your case # assigned. 

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

Timeline
23 minutes ago, MahiAS said:

No, you don’t mail anything. Everything is done online. You scan all the documents and upload on the website. You’ll get exact instructions once you get your case # assigned. 

I’m not familiar with scanning how will I do a joint sponsor 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Rachel Rauf said:

I’m not familiar with scanning how will I do a joint sponsor 

Your joint sponsor will fill out the same paperwork but instead of you mailing it to NVC, you'll upload it on their CEAC website. All of that is explained here:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-4-collect-financial-documents.html

I suggest you find someone who is familiar with scanning documents into the computer and can help you upload them on to the website once the time comes. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, MahiAS said:

Congrats you got case number.

Can you tell me on which email they sent you case number?

I mean your old email which you give to uscis or you had given NVC new email on call?

Keep us updated as we will also be going through islamabad embassy!

Timeline
1 hour ago, MahiAS said:

Your joint sponsor will fill out the same paperwork but instead of you mailing it to NVC, you'll upload it on their CEAC website. All of that is explained here:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-4-collect-financial-documents.html

I suggest you find someone who is familiar with scanning documents into the computer and can help you upload them on to the website once the time comes. 

No if your embassy is Islamabad then you cant upload documents online. You have to submit fees online then gather your documents like I864 form, tax transcripts, pay stubs, employment letter etc and send them through Mail to the NVC.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mill&bill said:

No if your embassy is Islamabad then you cant upload documents online. You have to submit fees online then gather your documents like I864 form, tax transcripts, pay stubs, employment letter etc and send them through Mail to the NVC.

We did but now it’s changed and Islamabad is now part of the pivot so they do the scanning and uploading of documents. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Beast333 said:

Congrats you got case number.

Can you tell me on which email they sent you case number?

I mean your old email which you give to uscis or you had given NVC new email on call?

Keep us updated as we will also be going through islamabad embassy!

Thanks! 

I never gave them any new email. I don't think they can take new email until a case number is generated and then they can add it. I'll keep updating my timeline as well as post whenever there are updates. 

3 hours ago, Mill&bill said:

You're probably not aware of the change. All cases at Islamabad are now pivot. I just submitted the fees online and waiting for it to be cleared and then I have instructions to scan and upload all the documents online. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, MahiAS said:

Thanks! 

I never gave them any new email. I don't think they can take new email until a case number is generated and then they can add it. I'll keep updating my timeline as well as post whenever there are updates. 

You're probably not aware of the change. All cases at Islamabad are now pivot. I just submitted the fees online and waiting for it to be cleared and then I have instructions to scan and upload all the documents online. 

May be i am not aware of change can you send me any link?

Timeline
3 hours ago, scarlett262004 said:

We did but now it’s changed and Islamabad is now part of the pivot so they do the scanning and uploading of documents. 

Wow when this happened. Remember we did all paper work and mailed. It was tiresome task

Can you send me link related to change in islamabad system 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.