Kiera22

Medical Summary

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi, 

Just wondering if anyone can help me, my fiancé has just sent off our RFE so I’m anticipating we will receive our NOA2 soon so want to start getting bits and pieces together. I rang my doctors surgery and asked about getting a medical summary (because I didn’t really want to book an appointment to waste the doctors time) and the receptionist told me that getting a medical summary is classified as private care and so I would have to pay for it. Has anyone else had paid for their medical summary from the GP?

Thanks in advance!

Timeline

I've read many different experiences people have had with their surgery, and there doesn't seem to be any consistency! My GP printed out my patient summary for me for free, but I had to pay £10 for my full summary (I wanted this for my own records). Your surgery may want to charge for your patient summary, however that seems unfair given it's literally one page (presuming you have a basic record) with a brief summation of any major medical issues and any current medication. If I were you, I'd double check that they understood what you meant. If they do want you to pay even for just one page of a summary, then unfortunately it sounds like you will have to. :unsure:

I paid £5 for mine from my GP

K-1 Visa

06/21/17 - NOA1
12/22/17 - NOA2 Approved

01/24/18 - NVC Received I-129F 
02/02/18 - Case Number Received 'In transit to Embassy'

02/08/18 - Embassy Received. Case status set as Ready
03/02/18 - Medical 

03/09/18 - Interview 
03/15/18- Visa Issued
03/20/18 - Visa in Hand
03/24/18 - MI Bound

04/15/18 - MARRIED!!! :wub:

Timeline

She seemed to think it would be around the £50 mark but I don’t mind if it’s just £5/£10! Thanks guys! :D

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Kiera22 said:

She seemed to think it would be around the £50 mark but I don’t mind if it’s just £5/£10! Thanks guys! :D

Blimey, I should hope not just for one page..! Fingers crossed for you that there's been a misunderstanding, and it's on the far reasonable end of the price scale. 

Timeline

I filed a request form and the medical summary (plus vaccination records) came back in twelve days after sending off the form. I payed £10 for both the vaccination records and the medical summary.

Timeline
On 09/04/2018 at 2:36 PM, Kiera22 said:

Hi, 

Just wondering if anyone can help me, my fiancé has just sent off our RFE so I’m anticipating we will receive our NOA2 soon so want to start getting bits and pieces together. I rang my doctors surgery and asked about getting a medical summary (because I didn’t really want to book an appointment to waste the doctors time) and the receptionist told me that getting a medical summary is classified as private care and so I would have to pay for it. Has anyone else had paid for their medical summary from the GP?

Thanks in advance!

My summary was free but I had to pay £14 after my medical. They requested more info on some hospital stays. 

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 4/9/2018 at 4:06 PM, CaptainAmerica said:

I've read many different experiences people have had with their surgery, and there doesn't seem to be any consistency! My GP printed out my patient summary for me for free, but I had to pay £10 for my full summary (I wanted this for my own records). Your surgery may want to charge for your patient summary, however that seems unfair given it's literally one page (presuming you have a basic record) with a brief summation of any major medical issues and any current medication. If I were you, I'd double check that they understood what you meant. If they do want you to pay even for just one page of a summary, then unfortunately it sounds like you will have to. :unsure:

Hey, I am currently trying to retrieve that patient care summary. 

What info is on the summary ? I have one I am print from my patient access with current medication and allergies. Is it enough ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.