Ivy.

N-400 Filers in San Antonio, TX

271 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
8 hours ago, Matt Camon said:

I had my interview this Wednesday at the SA office. Was a combo interview I-751 and N-400. Was approved on both, status online on both already changed to approved, now just waiting for the Oath Letter. Anybody else waiting just for the oath?

Hi Matt: Congratulations!! Would you mind sharing details of your interview? How long was it? and what were the questions asked? When did you apply for N400? I plan to apply in mid-April 2019 with a pending I751. Thanks.

On 11/16/2018 at 5:26 PM, kline19 said:

Hi Matt: Congratulations!! Would you mind sharing details of your interview? How long was it? and what were the questions asked? When did you apply for N400? I plan to apply in mid-April 2019 with a pending I751. Thanks.

Thank you my friend.

I applied December 2017. About the experience read below:

We got there 20 minutes before my appointment. Wait for like 30-40 minutes and they called my name, me and my wife walked to the door and the officer stopped her saying  that he only needed me.

On our way to his office, i told him "are you sure my wife dont need to be here? I have a pending I751", and for my surprise, he seemed surprised like "oh you do? let me check your file", he went over the papers and said that i was right and went back to the waiting room to get my wife.

He made 2-3 questions about our marriage, confirming address, marriage date, and some stuff about family. After that we moved to the N400 interview(what surprised me was that my wife was there the whole time, most of the interviews experiences says that they tell the wife to leave after the i751 interview is over). He even joked asking for me to put my chair a little be farther from my wife to answer the civic questions.

He went over the civic questions, i got them all right(i dont remember now which ones he asked), the we went over the writing(dont remember what he asked me to wrote either BUT i remember struggling with my handwriting to write on that iPad).

After that he made me sign 3 or 4 different stuff on the iPad. Printed a paper saying that I was recommended for approval, congratulated me, told me that i would receive a oath letter in about 4 weeks, we shook hands and we left.

Next morning got 2 e-mails, changing on my case, checked online, the n400 says "We approved your application" and the I751 says "Case Was Approved"

Timeline
2 hours ago, Matt Camon said:

Thank you my friend.

I applied December 2017. About the experience read below:

We got there 20 minutes before my appointment. Wait for like 30-40 minutes and they called my name, me and my wife walked to the door and the officer stopped her saying  that he only needed me.

On our way to his office, i told him "are you sure my wife dont need to be here? I have a pending I751", and for my surprise, he seemed surprised like "oh you do? let me check your file", he went over the papers and said that i was right and went back to the waiting room to get my wife.

He made 2-3 questions about our marriage, confirming address, marriage date, and some stuff about family. After that we moved to the N400 interview(what surprised me was that my wife was there the whole time, most of the interviews experiences says that they tell the wife to leave after the i751 interview is over). He even joked asking for me to put my chair a little be farther from my wife to answer the civic questions.

He went over the civic questions, i got them all right(i dont remember now which ones he asked), the we went over the writing(dont remember what he asked me to wrote either BUT i remember struggling with my handwriting to write on that iPad).

After that he made me sign 3 or 4 different stuff on the iPad. Printed a paper saying that I was recommended for approval, congratulated me, told me that i would receive a oath letter in about 4 weeks, we shook hands and we left.

Next morning got 2 e-mails, changing on my case, checked online, the n400 says "We approved your application" and the I751 says "Case Was Approved"

That's awesome! Thanks Matt!

It looks like a very smooth experience. 

I was hoping to see if San Antonio would be adjudicating the cases faster but it seemed an 11 months processing time for N400. That's a bit long. 

• 2 weeks later...

Attended my interview yesterday for my N400 application which was approved. Just have to wait on the oath ceremony now. From reading through this forum and people not hearing anything, I cheekily asked the agent how long it might take to attend the ceremony and she said they have been advised the ceremony appointment could be up to 5 months away and will either be held in San Antonio or Austin as they are in the same jurisdiction area. However she also said that they are trying to get people done as soon as they possibly can so there is a chance it won't actually take that long.

Timeline
1 hour ago, wildcat42539 said:

Attended my interview yesterday for my N400 application which was approved. Just have to wait on the oath ceremony now. From reading through this forum and people not hearing anything, I cheekily asked the agent how long it might take to attend the ceremony and she said they have been advised the ceremony appointment could be up to 5 months away and will either be held in San Antonio or Austin as they are in the same jurisdiction area. However she also said that they are trying to get people done as soon as they possibly can so there is a chance it won't actually take that long.

Congratulations! When did you file for N400? Was there an I751 pending as well or it was just an N400 interview?

On 11/30/2018 at 9:18 AM, wildcat42539 said:

Same question as kline19. When did you file?

Thanks for the info

I applied on the 24th March online for a straight N400 application. Initially the automated process said it would take 12 months to complete which I thought was crazy long for a straight forward jump to becoming a US Citizen after being a Permanent Resident for 9 years, but it appears that the applications are taking around that time (and in some places even longer) to get done.

4 hours ago, wildcat42539 said:

I applied on the 24th March online for a straight N400 application. Initially the automated process said it would take 12 months to complete which I thought was crazy long for a straight forward jump to becoming a US Citizen after being a Permanent Resident for 9 years, but it appears that the applications are taking around that time (and in some places even longer) to get done.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Just logged into my.uscis.gov and had that wonderful notification for the Oath Ceremony February 8th.

Considering DOHS is one of the Departments that is part of the shutdown I wasn’t holding out much hope that things were going to progress so this is a really pleasant surprise

On 1/10/2019 at 7:26 PM, wildcat42539 said:

Just logged into my.uscis.gov and had that wonderful notification for the Oath Ceremony February 8th.

Considering DOHS is one of the Departments that is part of the shutdown I wasn’t holding out much hope that things were going to progress so this is a really pleasant surprise

Congratulations !!! where is this scheduled at?

On 1/10/2019 at 8:26 PM, wildcat42539 said:

Also, when was your interview date?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.