dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2018

2,123 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, Bluretto said:

Hello guys,please I have a question is it possible to fill ds260 & ds261 ,pay Aos fee the same if it’s av in NVC website?after filling the ds261 and submitting do I call NVC on the phone to review it with them?when can one send out documents to NVC  for review?

Once you have your case number and invoice number you should be able to pay your AOS fee and do your DS261 at the same time. At least I had both options open together. After that, you need to call them to review your DS261 if you want it to be done fast. I had my IV fee open up in a day after my husband called them to review DS261. As for the IV and AOS packages, you can send whenever you want. Contrary to the instructions, you do not have to wait for both fees to be paid or for DS260 to complete. If you are ready now, you can send them. 

1 minute ago, ms_bobdog said:

Once you have your case number and invoice number you should be able to pay your AOS fee and do your DS261 at the same time. At least I had both options open together. After that, you need to call them to review your DS261 if you want it to be done fast. I had my IV fee open up in a day after my husband called them to review DS261. As for the IV and AOS packages, you can send whenever you want. Contrary to the instructions, you do not have to wait for both fees to be paid or for DS260 to complete. If you are ready now, you can send them. 

Okay dear,thanks... I have all the required documents to send to NVC so I can send them whenever am ready even before paying the IV fee and ds260?i just completed my ds261 and Paid AOS fee can I call them now to review over the phone?

5 minutes ago, Bluretto said:

Okay dear,thanks... I have all the required documents to send to NVC so I can send them whenever am ready even before paying the IV fee and ds260?i just completed my ds261 and Paid AOS fee can I call them now to review over the phone?

Yes, you can send before paying IV fee and DS260. You can call NVC to review your DS261 when they open (I think they are closed now. I am a little lost because I am in a different time zone) and your IV fee payment should open up in a couple of days after that. 

3 minutes ago, ms_bobdog said:

Yes, you can send before paying IV fee and DS260. You can call NVC to review your DS261 when they open (I think they are closed now. I am a little lost because I am in a different time zone) and your IV fee payment should open up in a couple of days after that. 

Thanks a lot, please when I call i them do I tell them I want to review my ds261 with them?also the documents I mean are my marriage certificate,birth certificate,AOS form etc are you sure I can send them now?

1 minute ago, Bluretto said:

Thanks a lot, please when I call i them do I tell them I want to review my ds261 with them?also the documents I mean are my marriage certificate,birth certificate,AOS form etc are you sure I can send them now?

My husband does the calling but I am pretty sure you just need to tell them that you want them to review the DS261.

Yes, your documents for both the IV package and AOS package can be sent now. There is no need to wait because you already have your document cover sheet (with the welcome letter) to attach to your packages. Don't forget there is time needed for the packages to actually reach NVC and for them to scan them in, so the sooner you send, the better.

1 minute ago, ms_bobdog said:

My husband does the calling but I am pretty sure you just need to tell them that you want them to review the DS261.

Yes, your documents for both the IV package and AOS package can be sent now. There is no need to wait because you already have your document cover sheet (with the welcome letter) to attach to your packages. Don't forget there is time needed for the packages to actually reach NVC and for them to scan them in, so the sooner you send, the better.

Are you the applicant?am the beneficiary my husband is the petitioner and he filled the ds261 for me hope there is no problem with that,tho we filled it together over the phone.so while sending the documents to them I have to include the welcome letter?please in what order will I arrange the documents before sending?

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Amelsbaihi said:

Hi , 

Today i checked my statue and it says at nvc , also the aos fee are no more availble . Does this mean i have case complete ??? I m so affreid to have a check list .

What’s your SC?

Edited by Rastaman21

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just now, Amelsbaihi said:

March 27

It’s possible that your case is complete seeing that your case says at NVC. My SC is March 28 so if you have a case complete I should be receiving mine soon or a checklist! (god forbid) . Did you upload or mail your documents?

20 minutes ago, Bluretto said:

Are you the applicant?am the beneficiary my husband is the petitioner and he filled the ds261 for me hope there is no problem with that,tho we filled it together over the phone.so while sending the documents to them I have to include the welcome letter?please in what order will I arrange the documents before sending?

I am the beneficiary but I do all the paperwork since I am better at that. In the welcome letter, there is the document cover sheet. That's the one you send with your documents. The order to arrange your documents is listed in the document cover sheet. I printed 2 sheets-- one for IV package and the other for AOS package. For each of the packages, you will check off what's in the package and check 'Not Applicable' for the rest. 

10 minutes ago, Rastaman21 said:

It’s possible that your case is complete seeing that your case says at NVC. My SC is March 28 so if you have a case complete I should be receiving mine soon or a checklist! (god forbid) . Did you upload or mail your documents?

I mailed my doccuments . Hope we will both get case complet, i will call later and let u know 

14 hours ago, truelove29 said:

OMG!! We just got the email that our case is complete!! I'm with my husband now in Turkey & he yelled from the other room "I got an email from NVC!" Our status has changed to "at NVC" & the email says that now they'll work with the embassy to set up the interview date...I can't believe it!!

case number assigned - March 12th

first upload of documents completed - March 21st

2 documents rejected due to landscape format - March 26th

re-uploaded documents - March 29th

case complete - April 4th

WOW, congratulations!!! So happy to hear that the process moved this quick, we just need our case number and we'll be right behind you! Please keep updating about when interview is scheduled in Ankara, hopefully won't take too long! Good luck! 

1 minute ago, Amelsbaihi said:

I mailed my doccuments . Hope we will both get case complet, i will call later and let u know 

Woah, if it's a case complete, it is VERY fast! Congrats! Wish me luck!

18 minutes ago, ms_bobdog said:

I am the beneficiary but I do all the paperwork since I am better at that. In the welcome letter, there is the document cover sheet. That's the one you send with your documents. The order to arrange your documents is listed in the document cover sheet. I printed 2 sheets-- one for IV package and the other for AOS package. For each of the packages, you will check off what's in the package and check 'Not Applicable' for the rest. 

Okay am a bit confused,you mean you printed two cover sheets for IV package and Aos?please what is IV package and AOS package?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.