dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2018

2,123 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

CAN SOMEONE REPLY URGENTLY!  MY SON IS ABOUT TOO POST THE DOCUMENTS TO NVC BUT HE STAPLED SOME PAPERS.  IS THAT ALLOWED CAUSE I READ SOMEWHERE WE SHOULD NOT STAPLE ANY PAPERS.  PLZ REPLY ASAP

2 hours ago, MahiAS said:

Congrats to everyone on receiving case numbers or CC! 

I called last night and still no case number. This Thu will be 9 weeks since NVC receive date (Feb 1). I’ll call again tonight :( 

Let me know if u hear good news....I think we are so close to getting our case numbers. Tomorrow will be 9 weeks for me.

1 minute ago, Meno said:

the website does say to give up a week. it really depends on your bank.

Hopefully wont take any longer. My bank side was completed already on saturdat. Now just wait for NVC update it :(. I really just want it to be over ( I bet everyone else does as well). 

NSC

NOA1: 03 JUL 2017

NOA2: 31 JAN 2018

NVC RECEIVED: FEB 15 2018

CASE #: MAR 21 2018

DS261: MAR 24 2018

AOS PAY: MAR 27 2018, "PAID" MAR 29 2018

IV PAY: MAR 29 2018

SD: APR 05 2018

CC: APR 17 2018

1 minute ago, Tkim said:

Hopefully wont take any longer. My bank side was completed already on saturdat. Now just wait for NVC update it :(. I really just want it to be over ( I bet everyone else does as well). 

it always good to focus and prepare for the next step. so get your documents ready and review examples of the IV application online.

2 minutes ago, MrsKhan said:

CAN SOMEONE REPLY URGENTLY!  MY SON IS ABOUT TOO POST THE DOCUMENTS TO NVC BUT HE STAPLED SOME PAPERS.  IS THAT ALLOWED CAUSE I READ SOMEWHERE WE SHOULD NOT STAPLE ANY PAPERS.  PLZ REPLY ASAP

Carefully remove the staple. I have papers send from my parents, and it was stapled by the government there, so I only has one choice to remove it. I dont think it will be a problem. They just dont want you to stable it because they cannot scan your paper like that.

NSC

Timeline
Just now, Tkim said:

Carefully remove the staple. I have papers send from my parents, and it was stapled by the government there, so I only has one choice to remove it. I dont think it will be a problem. They just dont want you to stable it because they cannot scan your paper like that.

Oh thank you so much. Thanks

Just now, Meno said:

it always good to focus and prepare for the next step. so get your documents ready and review examples of the IV application online.

I have done all of that over and over almost ten times lol. Since I had so much time waiting for case number before. Thank for your advice anyway

NSC

7 minutes ago, MrsKhan said:

no staples allowed.

14 minutes ago, MrsKhan said:

One more question.  Do we have to use black pen on the checklist? Or is it ok to use blue pen

Personally I think it is fine for blue and black. As long you dont use colorful pen for anything (red, green, yellow)

15 minutes ago, MrsKhan said:

One more question.  Do we have to use black pen on the checklist? Or is it ok to use blue pen

How is your IV fee btw?

NSC

Timeline
1 minute ago, Tkim said:

Personally I think it is fine for blue and black. As long you dont use colorful pen for anything (red, green, yellow)

How is your IV fee btw?

Still in process

Hey folks, I received my NOA2 on March 16, 2018. Today, I just checked on my.uscis.gov and it said that "We sent your case to the U.S. Department of State (DOS) for visa processing" on April 3rd, 2018. My question is how long does it take to NVC receive and provide a case number. Do I start calling the NVC for my case number and invoice number after 1 week from now? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
7 minutes ago, nnguye2208 said:

Hey folks, I received my NOA2 on March 16, 2018. Today, I just checked on my.uscis.gov and it said that "We sent your case to the U.S. Department of State (DOS) for visa processing" on April 3rd, 2018. My question is how long does it take to NVC receive and provide a case number. Do I start calling the NVC for my case number and invoice number after 1 week from now? 

It depends...mine took 2 weeks for them to receive it & then another 9 weeks until I got the case number. If you have a pivot case then it's taking 8-9 weeks to get the case number, non pivot cases are around 4-8 weeks it seems. But you can start calling after a week just to make sure they received it & find out the date they received it.

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

4 minutes ago, truelove29 said:

It depends...mine took 2 weeks for them to receive it & then another 9 weeks until I got the case number. If you have a pivot case then it's taking 8-9 weeks to get the case number, non pivot cases are around 4-8 weeks it seems. But you can start calling after a week just to make sure they received it & find out the date they received it.

Thank you very much for answer my question. Second, if you can explain to me what is pivot case and non-pivot case. I searched on google but I didn't give me the exact answer :huh:

Just now, nnguye2208 said:

Thank you very much for answer my question. Second, if you can explain to me what is pivot case and non-pivot case. I searched on google but I didn't give me the exact answer :huh:

You are not pivot case. I don’t want to disappoint you, but NVC is taking really long for case number now. I have the same consulate with you, so we are both reg case and I have to wait 5 weeks (since NVC received my case) for case number, so total 6 weeks from the date USCIS sent my case to NVC. Good luck. Hopefully yours will be faster

NSC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.