sgillgutti

Filed on May2,Vermont.Anybody else filed/filing with us?

26 posts in this topic

Still waiting..................... its been(may 3dr) 21 days since VSC received my I-751.No check cashed, no word!

Maybe I will hear after 30 days.The waiting is a killer.

Patience your almost there. Soon something will happen.

Hi J-manu,

Thank you so much for your reply. I am happy to say you were right.The check just cleared my bank.It has the date of May 21st.and two numbers.Are those the receipt numbers?Can I use them to check my status?

Appreciate ur kind encouragement.Good luck with the biometrics.

Thanks.

Good news! Well since you and me are parallel I hope to hear anything soon. I didn't send a check, I just sent a money order. Hope to hear more good news soon.

About those receipt #'s, I think I read that those are not valid #'s. If you want you could tried to log those case# and see what happens.

Good luck

Lifting of Conditions - I-751 for My K-1

04/27/07: Mail I-751 to Vermont

04/30/07: Vermont received I-751 (day 1)

05/03/07: Received confirmation of delivered package

05/25/07: Received BLUE Finger Print Receipt Notification Dated 5/18/07 (day 25)

06/11/07: Received NOA1 dated 5/24/07 (day 42)

06/13/07: Received Biometric Appointment Notice dated 6/8/07 for 06/22/07 (day 44)

06/22/07: Biometric Appointment @ 2:00 Done (day 53)

Touches: 6/22, 6/24 = Status: Case received and pending

10/25/07: Card production ordered on 10/24/07 (day 180)

11/02/07: Received 10 Years Green Card..Done...but you know what is next...lol...(188)

Still waiting..................... its been(may 3dr) 21 days since VSC received my I-751.No check cashed, no word!

Hi J-manu,

Thank you so much for your reply. I am happy to say you were right.The check just cleared my bank.It has the date of May 21st.and two numbers.Are those the receipt numbers?Can I use them to check my status?

Thanks.

Hi

We mailed our joint I-751 on April 30 and it was delivered to VSC on May 2 and up to now the check we enclosed has not been cleared from my bank yet. So, I am hoping we will be lucky like you and see some positive movement soon. My predicament is that my conditional green card will expire on June 24 and my employer's security officer had already sent me a second e-mail warning me that I only have 5 more weeks to present them with a new permanent resident green card with unexpired date. I am apparently at risk of being removed from the government contract I am working at. So, I probably will do the Infopass and have my passport stamped. But since we can't really do it without a receipt number I am at a lost what to do now.

I replied to my company's e-mail telling them to give me a formal letter with the company's letter head stating what they intend to do if I do not get my new GC. I also told them that the constant e-mail about my immigration status is not helping me one bit and I am considering it as a form of harrassment for a situation I have no control of as it is already in the hands of the INS, then I advised the company's HR to call the employer hotline for the Office of Special Counsel. I already called the OSC and I was told that if I lose my job because of my immigration status I can file a complaint to their office and they can help me get a resolution.

In the meantime, I am waiting hoping the situation does not have to go to the stage of the worse case scenario.

cheers,

Aussie Girl

*** CR1 process ***

05/08/2004 - got married (Sydney, Australia)

07/26/2004 - USC mailed I-130 packet to VSC (mine/son)

09/04/2004 - I-130 Approved - yey!!!

04/19/2005 - medicals

05/13/2005 - interview schedule

05/10/2005 - Visa approved! :D

06/24/2005 - Depart Dublin - Arrived at JFK

*** I-751 process ***

04/30/2007 - Mailed I-751 (Mine/son) to VSC

05/30/2007 - check cashed (only my fee and biometrics, not my son's)

06/14/2007 - recvd NOA1 (letter of one year extension)

06/24/2007 - Aussie Girl's condl PRC expires

06/27/2007 - Biometrics appt. Done!

12/14/2007 - Aussie Girl's removal of condition approved!

*** N-400 process ***

03/25/2008 - eligible to apply for US Citzenship

08/05/2011 - sent N-400

08/11/2011 - check cashed

08/16/2011 - received NOA (priority date 08/09/2011)

08/22/2011 - USCIS sent Fprint schedule

08/25/2011 - received Biometrics letter

09/08/2011 - Fingerprinting appointment

10/07/2011 - Interview scheduled; Interview letter issued

11/15/2011 - Interview appointment - now a U.S. Citizen!

Still no word from VSC.No sign of the check being cleared.Wonder when it will happen.It's been 6 days since they recieved my package.Guess its too early.will have to wait.

Hi don't worry, cause you not the only one, I sent mime on April 27 and was received on April 30 and nothing yet. :crying:

Hi Gringa,

Thanks guys for your support.I hope we hear from them very soon.

Hi!

Jut to let you know that I got my blue finger print receipt notification today. Hope yours is around the conner. Keep us post.

05/25/07: Received BLUE Finger Print Receipt Notification Dated 5/18/07 (day 25)

06/13/07: Received Biometric Appointment Notice dated 6/8/07 for 06/22/07 (day 44)

11/02/07: Received 10 Years Green Card..Done...but you know what is next...lol...(188)

• 3 weeks later...
Still no word from VSC.No sign of the check being cleared.Wonder when it will happen.It's been 6 days since they recieved my package.Guess its too early.will have to wait.

Hi don't worry, cause you not the only one, I sent mime on April 27 and was received on April 30 and nothing yet. :crying:

Hi Gringa,

Hi!

Jut to let you know that I got my blue finger print receipt notification today. Hope yours is around the conner. Keep us post.

Hi gringa,

I got my blue fingerprint receipt on may 25/26th .But still been waiting for the NOA.Did u receive yours?

Hi J-manu,

Thanks.

Hi

We mailed our joint I-751 on April 30 and it was delivered to VSC on May 2 and up to now the check we enclosed has not been cleared from my bank yet. So, I am hoping we will be lucky like you and see some positive movement soon. My predicament is that my conditional green card will expire on June 24 and my employer's security officer had already sent me a second e-mail warning me that I only have 5 more weeks to present them with a new permanent resident green card with unexpired date. I am apparently at risk of being removed from the government contract I am working at. So, I probably will do the Infopass and have my passport stamped. But since we can't really do it without a receipt number I am at a lost what to do now.

I replied to my company's e-mail telling them to give me a formal letter with the company's letter head stating what they intend to do if I do not get my new GC. I also told them that the constant e-mail about my immigration status is not helping me one bit and I am considering it as a form of harrassment for a situation I have no control of as it is already in the hands of the INS, then I advised the company's HR to call the employer hotline for the Office of Special Counsel. I already called the OSC and I was told that if I lose my job because of my immigration status I can file a complaint to their office and they can help me get a resolution.

In the meantime, I am waiting hoping the situation does not have to go to the stage of the worse case scenario.

cheers,

Aussie Girl

Hi Aussie Girl,

Hope there has been progress in your case.

I received my blue fingerprint notice on May 26th(I am sure:) and then I moved.Ever since, been anxiously waiting for the NOA1, but nothing.It's been 44 days since they received my application packet.

Hi J-manu,

Thanks.

Hi

cheers,

Aussie Girl

Hi Aussie Girl,

I received my blue fingerprint notice on May 26th(I am sure:) and then I moved.Ever since, been anxiously waiting for the NOA1, but nothing.It's been 44 days since they received my application packet.

Hi Sgillgutti,

I feel somewhat relieved today because I just got my Receipt Notice (is this NOA1?) which states that my conditional status is extended for a period of one year from date of expiration on my form I-551, conditional resident card. I can try and present this letter to my HR tomorrow and see if they accept it. Previously I got an e-mail/letter from HR that states they do not accept the NOA receipts but then again they probably did not know the current processing, as I understand it changed a bit. I did not get anymore e-mail or warning letter after I sent them a letter stating that I need them to write a formal letter with the letter head on what they are intending to do if I don't get my extension by June 24 and I advised them to call the employer hotline for the Office of Special Counsel. I also called the Office of Special Counsel and they told me they will help me if my employer tries to terminate my employment due to immigration related circumstances.

Hope you get your extension soon. We both filed on the same day May 2. I got my Blue Letter a few days after you...surely you should be getting your NOA1 any day now..

cheers,

Aussie Girl

*** CR1 process ***

04/19/2005 - medicals

*** I-751 process ***

*** N-400 process ***

08/05/2011 - sent N-400

Hi Gringa,

Hi!

Hi gringa,

I got my blue fingerprint receipt on may 25/26th .But still been waiting for the NOA.Did u receive yours?

Yes, did get NOA1 and two dates after the biometric appoinment for June 22

Hi J-manu,

Thanks.

Hi

cheers,

Aussie Girl

Hi Aussie Girl,

Hi Sgillgutti,

I feel somewhat relieved today because I just got my Receipt Notice (is this NOA1?) which states that my conditional status is extended for a period of one year from date of expiration on my form I-551, conditional resident card. I can try and present this letter to my HR tomorrow and see if they accept it. Previously I got an e-mail/letter from HR that states they do not accept the NOA receipts but then again they probably did not know the current processing, as I understand it changed a bit. I did not get anymore e-mail or warning letter after I sent them a letter stating that I need them to write a formal letter with the letter head on what they are intending to do if I don't get my extension by June 24 and I advised them to call the employer hotline for the Office of Special Counsel. I also called the Office of Special Counsel and they told me they will help me if my employer tries to terminate my employment due to immigration related circumstances.

Hope you get your extension soon. We both filed on the same day May 2. I got my Blue Letter a few days after you...surely you should be getting your NOA1 any day now..

cheers,

Aussie Girl

Hi aussie girl,

Thanks for the reply. As I mentioned in my earlier post, USCIS on the phone told me to make an infopass appointment for the I-551 stamp in my passport.

If my HR doesn't accept it, I want to know how to call the Office of Special Counsel.Can u please share there number with me?

I am getting very anxious as I have to present the evidence on 20th June and If they refuse I need some back-up plan.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Hi Gringa,

Hi!

Hi gringa,

Yes, did get NOA1 and two dates after the biometric appoinment for June 22

Hi gringa,

Congratulations!!!

I am happy things are moving on the right track for you.

Hope there is some progress in my case too.

Please keep us posted.

Hi J-manu,

Thanks.

Hi

cheers,

Aussie Girl

Hi Aussie Girl,

Hi Sgillgutti,

cheers,

Aussie Girl

Hi aussie girl,

Thanks for the reply. As I mentioned in my earlier post, USCIS on the phone told me to make an infopass appointment for the I-551 stamp in my passport.

If my HR doesn't accept it, I want to know how to call the Office of Special Counsel.Can u please share there number with me?

I am getting very anxious as I have to present the evidence on 20th June and If they refuse I need some back-up plan.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Hi sgillgutti,

Here's the OSC contact details:

Office of Special Counsel for Immigration-Related Unfair Employment Practices (OSC)

http://www.usdoj.gov/crt/osc/

OSC's Telephone Interventions as quoted from the website.

OSC's telephone intervention program is an innovative form of alternative dispute resolution. It allows a caller to contact OSC's worker or employer hotline to work informally with OSC's staff to resolve potential immigration-related employment disputes within hours or minutes, rather than weeks or months, without contested litigation. Employers love the program because it saves them time and money. Workers love the program because it keeps them on the job.

Employer Hotline:

1-800-255-8155

1-800-362-2735(TDD)

Worker Hotline:

1-800-255-7688

1-800-237-2515(TDD)

When I called the OSC, they asked me to explain what the situation is without mentioning the company name involved. Then they determined if it is immigration-related (yours is, its the same as mine which is ...we stand to lose our job because of this removal of condition status). Anyway, they advise when the right time comes (meaning the situation is about to become worse), they ask to fax (202) 616-5509 attention to the name which will be given to you by the person helping you, the following:

1- copy of conditional card

2- name of company and address

3- name of person in your company that is involved in the situation and the person's contact phone number

its probably a case to case situation so they might ask you for the above or ask for more info.

I hope you do not have to undergo this and your papers to arrive in time. My HR is already accepting the I-797 because it has the extension date of one year even though previously they said they will not accept an NOA I-797. So, I should be okay now. Goodluck to you also.

aussie girl

*** CR1 process ***

04/19/2005 - medicals

*** I-751 process ***

*** N-400 process ***

08/05/2011 - sent N-400

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

From my recent experience I can say that:

1.- They didn't take my GC when I got the stamp in my passport last week.

2.- I would recommend everybody to visit the SSA and get a new SS card without restrictions before the 2 yr GC expires.

I didn't do so and now I'm freaking out.

3.- Wait and get the stamp in the passport as later as possible since the stamp has a validity of a year after it is "stamped".

In my case: My GC is expired since March 07. My extension letter is valid until March 08 (1 yr), but my stamp is valid until June 08 because I got it last week.

Good luck

Citizenship

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.