mybackpages

It's Thursday

63 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Isn't regular reporting considered antagonizing too tho?

I mean doesn't it take two, E?

Antagonizing whom, Captain Ewok?

He has encouraged reporting as a means of controlling the board, whether or not you agree with the whole concept of reporting.

I would think that if he found the number of reports to be excessive that he wouldn't have encouraged people to report problems.

No, antagonizing other posters...meaning say one thing that could be construed many different ways and then the other poster is all 'I'm reporting you'

Sarah takes a lot of flack while others can say similar things without being reported. I just think there's a disparity...just because something is reported does not mean that person was the one in the 'right'. It's all subjective, I suppose...but get a bunch of people who don't like a poster...and multiple reportings could have the possibility of giving E an inaccurate picture...

Edited by LisaD

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

He has encouraged reporting as a means of controlling the board, whether or not you agree with the whole concept of reporting.

I would think that if he found the number of reports to be excessive that he wouldn't have encouraged people to report problems.

No, antagonizing other posters...meaning say one thing that could be construed many different ways and then the other poster is all 'I'm reporting you'

Sarah takes a lot of flack while others can say similar things without being reported. I just think there's a disparity...just because something is reported does not mean that person was the one in the 'right'. It's all subjective, I suppose...but get a bunch of people who don't like a poster...and multiple reportings could have the possibility of giving E an inaccurate picture...

I completely agree that that happens. I don't have any good solution though.

People usually have reasons...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ummm ok...

Someone said that they found out 2 members aren't posting anymore and I asked if one was Doodle because I noticed she hadn't been posting yesterday. Then Doodle posted nothing so I was joking around saying her presence is noted. then I got reported....

How is that antagonizing? Am I missing something?

Filed: Other Timeline
Maybe so however it is still against the TOS to antagonize other members on a regular basis on purpose.

Then with all due respect Cap't, this policy should be carried out equally across the board to all members. I know its a huge board and there is no way for you to understand the dynamics of all posting relationships here. Any suggestions on how we could resolved this? My reports have never been ackowledged- one even "begged" for some kind of intervention from the adminstrators to resolve a conflict.

You mean the time many of us begged because you were called a b i t c h on the board, but the person wasn't reprimanded and the thread was never closed?

Edited by peezey

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Timeline

I agree that sometimes it's good to report a thread like when some people were told they would have their faces kicked etc.

Sometimes people just go too far with the reporting and it turns into a bunch of grown people reporting anything they don't like just because they dislike someone. It's not a contest to see who can tattle the most. Well, for me it isn't at least.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I agree that sometimes it's good to report a thread like when some people were told they would have their faces kicked etc.

Sometimes people just go too far with the reporting and it turns into a bunch of grown people reporting anything they don't like just because they dislike someone. It's not a contest to see who can tattle the most. Well, for me it isn't at least.

Reported.

:lol: no i'm just kidding.....

Exactly...the 'report' button is being used as a weapon, and not as a last-resort.

LOL Jenn that was funny...

Timeline

Reported.

:lol: no i'm just kidding.....

Bite me! Report it you pansy!

Maybe so however it is still against the TOS to antagonize other members on a regular basis on purpose.

Then with all due respect Cap't, this policy should be carried out equally across the board to all members. I know its a huge board and there is no way for you to understand the dynamics of all posting relationships here. Any suggestions on how we could resolved this? My reports have never been ackowledged- one even "begged" for some kind of intervention from the adminstrators to resolve a conflict.

You mean the time many of us begged because you were called a b i t c h on the board, but the person wasn't reprimanded and the thread was never closed?

You know its not so much a post that is directed at me that bothers me the most. It's the constant trolling of the MENA forum by people who seek only entertainment at the expense of the those that have a reason to be here.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

You know its not so much a post that is directed at me that bothers me the most. It's the constant trolling of the MENA forum by people who seek only entertainment at the expense of the those that have a reason to be here.

i thought questioning anyone's reason to be "here" was a no-no? its a message board. there are many people who rarely use this as an immigration board at all; be it here, OT, etc etc. not tolerating personal attacks is one thing, its another to question anyone's reason for being here.

i thought questioning anyone's reason to be "here" was a no-no? its a message board. there are many people who rarely use this as an immigration board at all; be it here, OT, etc etc. not tolerating personal attacks is one thing, its another to question anyone's reason for being here.

Maybe I should state it in a better way. When a series of posts seems to have no constructive purpose and continue to antagonize and generally make an uncomfortable posting environment

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Maybe I should state it in a better way. When a series of posts seems to have no constructive purpose and continue to antagonize and generally make an uncomfortable posting environment

i kinda thought thats exactly what we are talking about here.

i kinda thought thats exactly what we are talking about here.

I guess its a matter of trying to distinguish when someone has the right to contribute to the boards and when those posts become a violation of TOS.

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.