3,014 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Veronika691 said:

Hi friends,

what do you think, is it too necessary to take a lawyer to the interview? Can an attorney help you somehow? How you are going to go to the interview - by yourself or with a lawyer? Because for this lawyers ask extra and very big money.

If there are people who went through it - share your experience, please

Hi Veronica,

This is just my personal thoughts on this.. That interview is crucial. I think no amount is big enough for the amount of benefits you will get if you are approved. I wouldn't put the process in danger on the final round. We don't know the law so it's always helpful to have someone that does by our side, defending our rights. There are many lawyer that accept payment plans. If you don't feel comfortable with your lawyer don't rest until you find one you do.

Best of luck for you!!!

58 minutes ago, Ingodshands94 said:

Hi Veronica,

This is just my personal thoughts on this.. That interview is crucial. I think no amount is big enough for the amount of benefits you will get if you are approved. I wouldn't put the process in danger on the final round. We don't know the law so it's always helpful to have someone that does by our side, defending our rights. There are many lawyer that accept payment plans. If you don't feel comfortable with your lawyer don't rest until you find one you do.

Best of luck for you!!!

Thank you for your prompt answer.

1 hour ago, Ingodshands94 said:

Hi Veronica,

Best of luck for you!!!

Hi again, if I'm right you had an interview not long ago. Can I ask you, how it went? Hope you got a decision?

2 minutes ago, Veronika691 said:

Hi again, if I'm right you had an interview not long ago. Can I ask you, how it went? Hope you got a decision?

Yes, I had an interview on March 22nd. But this interview was for the I-485 and I-130 my husband had filed for me. He never withdrew the case. So I just went and told the officer that I am in the process of divorcing my husband and I filled VAWA. he put the I-485 on hold until VAWA approval and denide I-130. He told me to bring a new medical exam to my next interview since the one they have is already expire(It was filled on Nov 2016). I filled for Vawa on May 2017. So you let me know how yours goes. If your I-360 was already approve and you don't have a criminal record this interview shouldn't be difficult at all but it wont hurt you to have a good lawyer by your side. You should be alright, I believe the worst part is behind you.

17 hours ago, ERIKA BENITEZ said:

Good Afternoon,

I have a question, my attorney file for vawa but they only send form i-360 and i'm married to a us citizen. As far as i know if you are married to a us citizen then you are able to send all the forms together at once. I asked my attorney that if its still possible for me to send the rest of the forms since i am eligible to send all of them but he told me that it was not possible and i want to ask you guys what should i do because i want to kiil time if not it will take forever and you guys know that right now its taking from 15 to 19 months to get vawa approved.

This is what he respond to me. 

Dear Erika,
That's not possible. Once you get your VAWA approved, you will be able to apply for adjustment of status, not before. 
Also, you are not adjusting through your husband, since he is the abuser and you are separated. You will adjust through VAWA once is approved.

This are the rest of the forms that i want to send if its still possible.

i-485

i-864w

i-765

i-131

i-912  

how did you even get your ap without the i360 approved. i was wondering if its possible to do ap with vawa?

Hi Erika because I have a pending I-485 with my previous application I ask them to put on hold on this that's why I still have my ead and ap or combocard. You can still apply for both you just need to fill up the application form I-131 and I 765 and file under C09 but you also need to file your I485 along with this two application. The only disadvantage of having this is that once your vawa denied your chances of getting deported is Higher. correct me if i'm wrong co vawa applicants. I just follow what Sandra and other Vawa applicants process as well. Goodluck I hope this answer helps you.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bolivia
Timeline
20 hours ago, SssMay said:

Hello everyone,

I just received "Request For Evidence" on last week. And there are six questions on the letter, but only one question is marked with "x". My attorney told me that the only one that is marked with “x” on the Request for Evidence is the one we need to address. I just want to make sure he is right. Thank you for your answers.

RFE letter 3.jpg

Hello, your lawyer is right the only Evidence they are requesting is the one marked with X, when my spouse filed the petition for me I received in the mail a RFE letter and it has like 10 different options and there was only 1 marked with X, "proof of bonafide marrige" and the letter said "bring it to the interview", so when we went togheter to the interview the officer ask us for the letter plus all the proof of bonafide marriage.

I hope this info can help you.

4 hours ago, Goyo said:

to Ingodshands

Hi, its really very different. In NY they did not want even to talk. I talked to supervisor and wrote them - nothing helped. By the way, did you know, if you would have to pay again for Dr Lic, when you'll go to change it to permanent one? thank you

Edited by Veronika691

3 hours ago, Jesus4ever said:

Hello, your lawyer is right the only Evidence they are requesting is the one marked with X, when my spouse filed the petition for me I received in the mail a RFE letter and it has like 10 different options and there was only 1 marked with X, "proof of bonafide marrige" and the letter said "bring it to the interview", so when we went togheter to the interview the officer ask us for the letter plus all the proof of bonafide marriage.

I hope this info can help you.

@Jesus4ever  Thanks for your reply. Its very helpful for me :)

Hello family, did anybody here receive rfe for bonafide marriage? My lawyer received it but I didn’t know why he wouldn’t send it to me, I have to wait for two weeks. I really don’t understand. I sent a lot of documents during application and I don’t know if they didn’t send them. I would like to see rfe myself just to know what they specially ask. If anyone have received, can you please share with me what they request.  

This are the things I submitted, 

joint bank account 

health and life insurance 

afidavity from his family, friends 

pictures-a lot of them

marriage licence

we bought car together 

joint lease

both id’s with the same address.

thank you in advance for your help. God blessing.

3 minutes ago, Viva said:

Hello family, did anybody here receive rfe for bonafide marriage? My lawyer received it but I didn’t know why he wouldn’t send it to me, I have to wait for two weeks. I really don’t understand. I sent a lot of documents during application and I don’t know if they didn’t send them. I would like to see rfe myself just to know what they specially ask. If anyone have received, can you please share with me what they request.  

joint bank account 

pictures-a lot of them

marriage licence

we bought car together 

joint lease

@Viva this is alot that you submitted what else could they possible need ? 

30 minutes ago, Viva said:

joint bank account 

pictures-a lot of them

marriage licence

we bought car together 

joint lease

From what I’m reading, it’s safe to assume that it will be the background check from places you lived before coming to the states (if you weren’t here for 3 years yet, before you filed vawa); or all the places you’ve lived in here. Is he certain it’s “bonafide marriage”? Well, if it comes and you need help, you know you have a family here you can depend on to assist you with it. 

Edited by FocusedFemale

26 minutes ago, Viva said:

joint bank account 

pictures-a lot of them

marriage licence

we bought car together 

joint lease

I hadn’t submitted any background checks and that’s the only RFE I got. They didn’t need one for the US because they got my FBI clearances back from their Biometrics. After I submitted the document, my VAWA was approved within 2 weeks. So respond as soon as you can. 

41 minutes ago, Viva said:

joint bank account 

pictures-a lot of them

marriage licence

we bought car together 

joint lease

@Viva My Lawyer told me that even though u submitted all documents u have, USCIS always send RFE to you. It’s like a procedure. I mean sometimes, it will be happen.

17 minutes ago, FocusedFemale said:

I hadn’t submitted any background checks and that’s the only RFE I got. They didn’t need one for the US because they got my FBI clearances back from their Biometrics. After I submitted the document, my VAWA was approved within 2 weeks. So respond as soon as you can. 

@FocusedFemale she said it was bonafide marrige ..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.