Miya Kim

Please help me!! Name typo error on I-765 and 3rd appointment for Biometrics.

3 posts in this topic

Timeline

October 20, 2017 - USCIS received my applications I-765, I-131, and I-485.

November 13, 2017 - I received appointment letter for Biometrics. They spelled my name incorrectly. I called USCIS to correct my name on my I-765 application.

November 22, 2017 - I went to USCIS office in Seattle for Biometrics appointment. While getting Fingerprints taken I had to request to correct my name. The officer who took my fingerprints updated my name in their system.

End of November (I don't remember the exact date) - I received another appointment letter for Biometrics, and I called USCIS to ask about it. The officer said if I went on November 22, I don't need to go again.

January 25, 2018 - I called USCIS again to correct my name typo error. No respond.

January 26, 2018 - I called USCIS to expedite my applications due to my husband's deployment. They said I-765 is under review, and they will reply within 60days. For expediting I-131 they requested me to send the deployment letter.

February 12, 2018 - I faxed the deployment letter.

February 26, 2018 - I called USCIS again about my name typo error. They transferred my call to Tier 2(?) and they sent service request to immigration office.

February 27, 2018 - USCIS sent a letter saying I-131 is under review and they will reply shortly.

March 7, 2018 - They updated my name. They sent me an email saying they are going to start my background check and are going to schedule for Biometrics.

March 8, 2018 - I called USCIS. They sent call back request to Tier 2(?).

March 10, 2018 - I got a call from Tier2(the number was from New york). The officer said my fingerprints didn't go through. They are going to reschedule for Biometrics soon. 

It has been 141days since they received my applications. If they lost my fingerprints, I assume it is gonna take a month to reschedule for Biometrics. And I don't know how long it will take to complete the background check and to get approved. I believe the name typo error that USCIS made is delaying all my applications. I am pretty sure that's why my fingerprints didn't go through cuz name didn't match. I have no idea what to do. Without social security number things that I can do are limited while my husband is deployed. I was going to visit my family in Korea in April, but I have to reschedule the flights. Very frustrating.

Please let me know if there is anyone who have similar experience or if anyone knows what I should do.

Thank you

Edited by Miya Kim

16 minutes ago, Miya Kim said:

October 20, 2017 - USCIS received my applications I-765, I-131, and I-485.

November 13, 2017 - I received appointment letter for Biometrics. They spelled my name incorrectly. I called USCIS to correct my name on my I-765 application.

November 22, 2017 - I went to USCIS office in Seattle for Biometrics appointment. While getting Fingerprints taken I had to request to correct my name. The officer who took my fingerprints updated my name in their system.

End of November (I don't remember the exact date) - I received another appointment letter for Biometrics, and I called USCIS to ask about it. The officer said if I went on November 22, I don't need to go again.

January 25, 2018 - I called USCIS again to correct my name typo error. No respond.

January 26, 2018 - I called USCIS to expedite my applications due to my husband's deployment. They said I-765 is under review, and they will reply within 60days. For expediting I-131 they requested me to send the deployment letter.

February 12, 2018 - I faxed the deployment letter.

February 26, 2018 - I called USCIS again about my name typo error. They transferred my call to Tier 2(?) and they sent service request to immigration office.

February 27, 2018 - USCIS sent a letter saying I-131 is under review and they will reply shortly.

March 7, 2018 - They updated my name. They sent me an email saying they are going to start my background check and are going to schedule for Biometrics.

March 8, 2018 - I called USCIS. They sent call back request to Tier 2(?).

March 10, 2018 - I got a call from Tier2(the number was from New york). The officer said my fingerprints didn't go through. They are going to reschedule for Biometrics soon. 

It has been 141days since they received my applications. If they lost my fingerprints, I assume it is gonna take a month to reschedule for Biometrics. And I don't know how long it will take to complete the background check and to get approved. I believe the name typo error that USCIS made is delaying all my applications. I am pretty sure that's why my fingerprints didn't go through cuz name didn't match. I have no idea what to do. Without social security number things that I can do are limited while my husband is deployed. I was going to visit my family in Korea in April, but I have to reschedule the flights. Very frustrating.

Please let me know if there is anyone who have similar experience or if anyone knows what I should do.

Thank you

Probably the FBI are running your prints or so, are you from North Korea?

~~moved to AOS from K1 from K1 progress reports.  Also removed duplicate topic in AOS forum without answers.  Please post only once per topic as per the TOS~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.