srs1978

Rescheduling Interview

40 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
For fun I did a search and your looking about $1500 to fly on same day of tickety purchase from Atlanta to Mtl!! Think last flight of the day went out at 8 pm.

Is that roundtrip? Cause I'm guessing she's not going to be going back right away until she has her medical. Possibly she/you [OP] could get a one way flight to Montreal and then a one way flight back whenever you're going to activate the visa to return to the States... might save costs on you since the return trip wouldn't be a last minute thing hopefully (but I don't know cause of course one ways tend to be more expensive :S) And maybe a one way flight during the wee hours of the morning to save hotel costs... although of course that might complicate things in other ways...

Edited by melytha

March 6, 2007 - I-129F package sent

March 21, 2007 - I-129F NOA2

October 17, 2007 - K1 interview - approved

October 19, 2007 - K1 arrived in mail

October 21, 2007 - US entry

October 23, 2007 - Wedding day

November 27, 2007 - AOS, EAD, AP package sent

December 7, 2007 - Received all 3 NOA's for AOS, AP & EAD

December 10, 2007 - Received letter for biometrics appointment

January 2, 2008 - I-485 transferred to California

January 3, 2008 - Biometrics

January 16, 2008 - RFE for I-485

January 22, 2008 - RFE for I-485 arrived

January 23, 2008 - AP approved

January 25, 2008 - Case status finally updated: AP approved January 23!

January 31, 2008 - EAD card production ordered

February 2, 2008 - AP arrived in mail

February 5, 2008 - Sending a letter/RFE to CSC

February 5, 2008 - EAD card production ordered (again?!)

February 7, 2008 - RFE/letter arrived at CSC

February 7, 2008 - EAD approval sent

February 9, 2008 - EAD card received, dated January 23rd!

February 25, 2008 - CSC finally acknowledges receiving RFE

February 27, 2008 - I-485 APPROVED!

February 27, 2008 - Online case status: notice mailed welcoming new permanent resident.

March 3, 2008 - Received welcome letter

March 3, 2008 - I-485 approval letter sent

March 6, 2008 - Green card arrived in mail.

November 2009 - Removal of conditions...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

that was roundtrip, buying tickets the same day of travel is usually more $$$$, there are websites that one supposedly can get better last minute deals, but usually they are to more popular/bigger cities.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
that was roundtrip, buying tickets the same day of travel is usually more $$$$, there are websites that one supposedly can get better last minute deals, but usually they are to more popular/bigger cities.

Yeah, buying tickets on the same day of travel is crazily expensive! Not something I'd do if I didn't have to...I just thought it might save a little since a one way is going to be cheaper than a round trip (for now, although of course there are going to be more costs for coming back... so a roundtrip might still be cheaper in the long run)

Edited by melytha

March 6, 2007 - I-129F package sent

March 21, 2007 - I-129F NOA2

October 17, 2007 - K1 interview - approved

October 19, 2007 - K1 arrived in mail

October 21, 2007 - US entry

October 23, 2007 - Wedding day

November 27, 2007 - AOS, EAD, AP package sent

December 7, 2007 - Received all 3 NOA's for AOS, AP & EAD

December 10, 2007 - Received letter for biometrics appointment

January 2, 2008 - I-485 transferred to California

January 3, 2008 - Biometrics

January 16, 2008 - RFE for I-485

January 22, 2008 - RFE for I-485 arrived

January 23, 2008 - AP approved

January 25, 2008 - Case status finally updated: AP approved January 23!

January 31, 2008 - EAD card production ordered

February 2, 2008 - AP arrived in mail

February 5, 2008 - Sending a letter/RFE to CSC

February 5, 2008 - EAD card production ordered (again?!)

February 7, 2008 - RFE/letter arrived at CSC

February 7, 2008 - EAD approval sent

February 9, 2008 - EAD card received, dated January 23rd!

February 25, 2008 - CSC finally acknowledges receiving RFE

February 27, 2008 - I-485 APPROVED!

February 27, 2008 - Online case status: notice mailed welcoming new permanent resident.

March 3, 2008 - Received welcome letter

March 3, 2008 - I-485 approval letter sent

March 6, 2008 - Green card arrived in mail.

November 2009 - Removal of conditions...

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
lets say one does find out they have an interview in the next day or two, BUT they do not have their medical(or whatever else, ie police check)! What to you do? You GOTO THE INTERVIEW!!! What they msot likley will do is approve the visa, BUT wont issue it until you get the medical (or whatever paperwork) completed!! This might be a different situation (so dont be alarmed) but our own dear Neiks has been waiting like 6 months for another interview appt (I belive she had to put off becuase of pregnancy) So in short if you can make the interview that was handed out on short notice GO, and once you get the medical (or whatever) completed, they most likely wil then issue you the visa! Hope it works out for u!!

Thanks for the reply! I couldn't pick up and go. We have 3 small children and I am currently visiting him in Georgia. I found out close to 6 in the evening.

I have called the embassy today and told them the situation. She did tell me that I should've shown up anyway. But they will reschedule the interview. I have to call today between 2-4:30 to get that date. Please keep your fingers crossed for me!

thnx!

well if she doesnt go it's too bad someone else couldnt get the slot.....someone in Montreal who's fiance is about to snap.....necrotica's rejean maybe :unsure:

That would only be too wonderful of them!

You can call US embassy in motreal to reschedule ur interview. Tell them your st#pid lawyer did not inform you earlier.

Thanks for the reply! I couldn't pick up and go. We have 3 small children and I am currently visiting him in Georgia. I found out close to 6 in the evening.

I have called the embassy today and told them the situation. She did tell me that I should've shown up anyway. But they will reschedule the interview. I have to call today between 2-4:30 to get that date. Please keep your fingers crossed for me!

thnx!

Get a flight booked NOW. Deal with the medical later. If you reschedule, you may not get another interview date for another 6+ months. There's someone who had to reschedule due to having a baby and they are still waiting for a new date... 5 months later.

Why did the lawyer get this information only to you today?

He claims to have been out of the office for a week. the letter was dated April 23. makes since. I'm too depressed to be pissed right now.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, the INS is very pathetic with re-schedualing anything all along the process. The golden rule as you know is never miss an interview. If you know you have an interview in the making or waiting for one to come, you should just stay put until you get it to avoid situations like this.

The INS uses a very complex system to reschedual all interviews. It consists of a 2 year calendar spread across a wall, and a dart which is thrown by a blindfolded agent. When the dart hits a date, that will be your new interview date. This could be a long process...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Timeline
I got a phone call from my attorney today. He let me know he received my interview date in Montreal. The date happens to be tomorrow at 9:30 a.m. Obviously i am not going to make it. i am currently visiting my husband in GA.

Does anyone know about rescheduling an interview? Is this frowned upon? Will I have to start the process all over. How do I contact them?

Any info on this is very much appreciated. I'm a total mess right now! This process has taken 3+ years and now this!

Please help.

SANDRA :crying::crying:

WOW. From what I've read on here, rescheduling can take a long time and you DON'T want to reschedule if you don't absolutely have to. You don't have to start the process all over from what I understand ... but you do risk waiting another 6+ months. Tough decision but if I had the money I'd be on a flight to Montreal. Unfortunately I don't think I'd have the money for a last minute flight :S :S so I hope this kinda thing doesn't happen to me.

How did you not find out about the interview date until the day before? If the lawyer knew all this time and didn't tell me til the last minute, I'd be pretty upset with him! I mean it's not like most of us LIVE in Vancouver or Montreal. We have to travel all the way to either place so it's necessary to know in advance! I'm sorry this has happened to you and your husband but I hope it can work out that you can get your interview and approved and maybe some kind of at least partial refund from your lawyer if he KNEW the date all this time!

I'm too depressed to be mad at the attorney at this point. This process has gone on for over 3 years now. If I have to wait a few more months....oh well. Financially I was not able to make the flight to Montreal. It was $800 per person. We are currently visiting my husband in GA. We have 3 children together so I couldn't just pick up and go. Time and money wouldn't permit it.

I'm sure I'll have a delayed reaction with regards to my lawyer once this is cleared up.

thnx!

Timeline
Yeah, the INS is very pathetic with re-schedualing anything all along the process. The golden rule as you know is never miss an interview. If you know you have an interview in the making or waiting for one to come, you should just stay put until you get it to avoid situations like this.

The INS uses a very complex system to reschedual all interviews. It consists of a 2 year calendar spread across a wall, and a dart which is thrown by a blindfolded agent. When the dart hits a date, that will be your new interview date. This could be a long process...

No i think you are mistaken my dear......

The process is that they start at the end of the 2 year period and do eeny meeny miney mo after they've thrown the darts by a blindfolded agent!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I always thouight they went by height and weight!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
I got a phone call from my attorney today. He let me know he received my interview date in Montreal. The date happens to be tomorrow at 9:30 a.m. Obviously i am not going to make it. i am currently visiting my husband in GA.

Does anyone know about rescheduling an interview? Is this frowned upon? Will I have to start the process all over. How do I contact them?

Any info on this is very much appreciated. I'm a total mess right now! This process has taken 3+ years and now this!

Please help.

Thank you for your responses. Here's an update......

After a sleepless nite, I called the embassy this morning. I got a receptionist who told me she would give an agent my telephone number and explain the situation. After hanging up I realized that i had given her the wrong phone number so I called back. Coincidently she had just talked to the agent and he said that I should have shown up anyway. Regardless, I have to reschedule. i have to call today between 2-4:30.

I'll keep you posted on how long this torture is going to prolong!

Filed: Timeline
lets say one does find out they have an interview in the next day or two, BUT they do not have their medical(or whatever else, ie police check)! What to you do? You GOTO THE INTERVIEW!!! What they msot likley will do is approve the visa, BUT wont issue it until you get the medical (or whatever paperwork) completed!! This might be a different situation (so dont be alarmed) but our own dear Neiks has been waiting like 6 months for another interview appt (I belive she had to put off becuase of pregnancy) So in short if you can make the interview that was handed out on short notice GO, and once you get the medical (or whatever) completed, they most likely wil then issue you the visa! Hope it works out for u!!

yup! I agree.

shon.gif

Wow, this is quite a thread! It seems your situation is resolved, for the most part, but I find it odd that you didn't even have a warning about the medical. We got an interview date for last November and my wife(then fiancee) emailed the consulate abot the chances of changing the date to some time in December when I would be visiting. She didn't want to change it, but she was just seeing if she could. They replied with a new date in December. In the end we were glad they did, instead of us having to make a choice.

CIS Office : Philadelphia PA

08/25/09 I-751 Sent to VSC

08/26/09 Package arrives at VSC

08/31/09 Check is Cashed/Clears

08/27/09 NOA

09/24/09 Biometrics

11/24/09 Approval letter arrives!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yep, I've done that before... Same day one-way flight from RIC to YYZ cost me about $500 one time. A pre-booked roundtrip is usually $350-500.

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Timeline

Please help.

Another update:

The agent I was supposed to interview with today called me at the Toronto number and left a message saying that I was rescheduled for May 31st. Yay... not that long of a wait!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.