ImagineMe

RFE for Chinese divorce document

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
8 hours ago, ImagineMe said:

When you say special requests, do you mean the letter from my fiance, or trying to get an actual signature from a judge? Little confused as the rfe is for immigration here just to get the 129 cleared. I know that paperwork will go to the Seoul consulate after. Would the consulate in Seoul reject any other signature from an official but accept her letter/statement? Is that what is meant?

Oh - I'm forgetting that your fiance WON'T be interviewing in Guangzhou. The VO's in Guangzhou know what to expect and would MIGHT reject your fiance's non-standard, signed by a magistrate, although the only REAL issue is that she IS divorced.

Any changes to the standard CHINESE format are not valid. THAT is what I'm referring to as a "special request". 

I have no idea what you sent in originally, since you haven't posted it (but I suspect it was probably the standard Chinese "discoverture statement"). Nor do I have much of an idea of what you intend to submit in response to the RFE, beyond what you said earlier.

I would suggest you include the standard Chinese format, along with something which addresses the RFE directly.

玉林,桂 resident
Feb 23, 2005 ........ Mailed I-129F to TSC . . . . . . . . .March 8th ............. P1 from CSC
April 11 ................. P2 from CSC . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .April 25 ................ NVC sends packet to GUZ
June 22 ................ P3 received . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Nov 22 ................. PASSED Interview
Dec 2 ................... Made it! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Dec 16 .................. Married
May 23, 2006 ..... TDL, EAD, AP received. . . . . . . . . June 16, 2006 ........ AOS interview - wait for FBI bkgrnd check
Apr 19, 2007 .... EAD # 2. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Oct 7, 2008 ......... 10-year green card
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - K2 (son) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Dec 2 ..................... AOS/EAD filed . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Dec 17 ................... 21st birthday
Jan 4, 2007 .......... transferred to CSC . . . . . . . . . . . Feb 6, 2007 ............ transferred to MSC
Feb 23 .................... EAD card . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Apr 16 .................... AOS denied (over 21)
Jul 26 .................... Master Calendar hearing . . . . . . Nov 15 ...................... Removal hearing
Jan 29, 2008 ........ Voluntary departure

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Actually our reply for the rfe is her discoverture statement in English. I told her to just print that out in English as she showed me, then sign and date it. Should that suffice or do we need to take it also to the Notary?

Also, what I did submit originally was what I posted earlier with the photos of the White Book. I sent a whole copy direct from the Notary to them.

Edited by ImagineMe
Add info

Timeline
10 hours ago, ImagineMe said:

Actually our reply for the rfe is her discoverture statement in English. I told her to just print that out in English as she showed me, then sign and date it. Should that suffice or do we need to take it also to the Notary?

Also, what I did submit originally was what I posted earlier with the photos of the White Book. I sent a whole copy direct from the Notary to them.

Like I said earlier, "You only posted a copy of the cover sheet, which identifies it as a GongZhengShu (公证书֤) ֤֤ or Notarial Certificate from the Gong Zheng Chu (公证处) and the Notarial Office. We have no clue what was certified by the document.", unless I missed something.

One person submitted a white book of a "Population Information Sheet", instead of a Notarial Certificate of bIrth. It was rejected, even though it had the required information on it - mother's name, father's name, date and place of birth. the contents of the white book will tell you what it is.

You are presently at the mercy of the USCIS bureaucrat. Good luck.

I expect you won't be getting any more flak, but I have no way of knowing from what you are posting.

Edited by RandyW

玉林,桂 resident
Feb 23, 2005 ........ Mailed I-129F to TSC . . . . . . . . .March 8th ............. P1 from CSC
April 11 ................. P2 from CSC . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .April 25 ................ NVC sends packet to GUZ
June 22 ................ P3 received . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Nov 22 ................. PASSED Interview
Dec 2 ................... Made it! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Dec 16 .................. Married
May 23, 2006 ..... TDL, EAD, AP received. . . . . . . . . June 16, 2006 ........ AOS interview - wait for FBI bkgrnd check
Apr 19, 2007 .... EAD # 2. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Oct 7, 2008 ......... 10-year green card
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - K2 (son) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Dec 2 ..................... AOS/EAD filed . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Dec 17 ................... 21st birthday
Jan 4, 2007 .......... transferred to CSC . . . . . . . . . . . Feb 6, 2007 ............ transferred to MSC
Feb 23 .................... EAD card . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Apr 16 .................... AOS denied (over 21)
Jul 26 .................... Master Calendar hearing . . . . . . Nov 15 ...................... Removal hearing

Timeline
2 hours ago, RandyW said:

Like I said earlier, "You only posted a copy of the cover sheet, which identifies it as a GongZhengShu (公证书֤) ֤֤ or Notarial Certificate from the Gong Zheng Chu (公证处) and the Notarial Office. We have no clue what was certified by the document.", unless I missed something.

One person submitted a white book of a "Population Information Sheet", instead of a Notarial Certificate of bIrth. It was rejected, even though it had the required information on it - mother's name, father's name, date and place of birth. the contents of the white book will tell you what it is.

You are presently at the mercy of the USCIS bureaucrat. Good luck.

I expect you won't be getting any more flak, but I have no way of knowing from what you are posting.

What is needed beyond this cover sheet? Im not sure of what else I have to show. She sent me the White Books for the divorce, one for her criminal record for the interview, and what looks to be copies from the Red book with an English translation of the Certificate of Divorce that is supervised by the Ministry of Civil Affairs.

I just want to know what other people did to satisfy these bastards lol.

Timeline

Or are you saying that there is no way except to try and convince them with other documents such as the discoverture statement and a statement from me? I think this is going to end up being the route for me and hope for the best unless something else comes to light. Thanks for the advice Randy. Its much appreciated. Hope to just make it through this initial application so we can get to the 2nd part. I can see why this puts stress on couples. But Wen and I are remaining adamant on our love quest. l'll reach out to my local senator for help if I need to.

Timeline
Just now, ImagineMe said:

Or are you saying that there is no way except to try and convince them with other documents such as the discoverture statement and a statement from me? I think this is going to end up being the route for me and hope for the best unless something else comes to light. Thanks for the advice Randy. Its much appreciated. Hope to just make it through this initial application so we can get to the 2nd part. I can see why this puts stress on couples. But Wen and I are remaining adamant on our love quest. l'll reach out to my local senator for help if I need to.

Based on what you are saying, you simply got a recalcitrant Immigrations Officer and simply re-submitting the white book, along with ANYTHING new to indicate that you are responding to the RFE should be enough. Especially if you get a DIFFERENT officer.

I simply can't verify what's inside from the cover sheet - it's identical for ANY white book.

玉林,桂 resident

Timeline
1 hour ago, RandyW said:

Based on what you are saying, you simply got a recalcitrant Immigrations Officer and simply re-submitting the white book, along with ANYTHING new to indicate that you are responding to the RFE should be enough. Especially if you get a DIFFERENT officer.

I simply can't verify what's inside from the cover sheet - it's identical for ANY white book.

Ah gotcha. Ok, I will see what happens and respond back here once I know, so anyone else having the exact situation has an updated answer to all this lol. Again, I appreciate all the feedback.

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Ok, so finally we got approved. I guess the Discoverture Statement and Sworn Statement signed by her, along with a statement from me explaining that the White Book divorce document was all they can get from the Chinese government, worked to complete the RFE info. Took 5 weeks after they recieved the RFE reply. Talk about major backup. But we cleared that hurdle.

Timeline

Sometimes all it takes is a LITTLE bit of creativity . . .

玉林,桂 resident

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.