Lorna&Alex

problem booking my medical appointment at Knightsbridge

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

hey everyone!! Just a heads up for anyone about to book a medical appointment at Knightsbridge - I received my LND case number last Thursday and my case is now in transit to London. I phoned Knightsbridge to book a medical appointment and she asked for my case number then she asked if I had a police certificate. I said that I didn't have a police certificate yet but I was applying for it today and she said that she couldn't book me a medical appointment without a police certificate...so it looks like I won't be able to book my medical for another 10 days or so :(

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Lorna&Alex said:

hey everyone!! Just a heads up for anyone about to book a medical appointment at Knightsbridge - I received my LND case number last Thursday and my case is now in transit to London. I phoned Knightsbridge to book a medical appointment and she asked for my case number then she asked if I had a police certificate. I said that I didn't have a police certificate yet but I was applying for it today and she said that she couldn't book me a medical appointment without a police certificate...so it looks like I won't be able to book my medical for another 10 days or so :(

Hi there, 

I believe there is an option (albeit slightly more expensive for 2 days time) for an expedited police check. Check this link out: 

https://www.acro.police.uk/Police_Certificates_Online.aspx

I am near sure at this point after the waiting the extra money would be worth it, right?!

Jon 🍀

Edited by jakejon

Timeline
3 minutes ago, jakejon said:

Hi there, 

I believe there is an option (albeit slightly more expensive for 2 days time) for an expedited police check. Check this link out: 

https://www.acro.police.uk/Police_Certificates_Online.aspx

I am near sure at this point after the waiting the extra money would be worth it, right?!

Jon 🍀

Hey!! 

Thaks for the help :) 

I actually don't want to have my medical until Mid-March as I'm not moving to the states until mid-june so waiting 10 days for the police certificate actually isn't the end of the world for me...i'm just impatient and wanted to book it ASAP lol

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Lorna&Alex said:

Hey!! 

Thaks for the help :) 

I actually don't want to have my medical until Mid-March as I'm not moving to the states until mid-june so waiting 10 days for the police certificate actually isn't the end of the world for me...i'm just impatient and wanted to book it ASAP lol

Ah got ya! 

Oh I know that impatient feeling! On day 48 of the ‘wait’ for NOA2! Haha.  Timeline suggests mid July for adjudication. I’m really hoping for a November POE! 

I know this is off the record but I said to my partner I wouldn’t mind doing Dublin embassy for the interview as I’m from NI and would save so much hassle. Although technically I’m British and Northern Irish so I don’t think I get the option of Dublin embassy. It pickled me for 10 minutes thinking can I or can’t I 🤣

Edited by jakejon

Timeline
13 minutes ago, jakejon said:

Ah got ya! 

Oh I know that impatient feeling! On day 48 of the ‘wait’ for NOA2! Haha.  Timeline suggests mid July for adjudication. I’m really hoping for a November POE! 

I know this is off the record but I said to my partner I wouldn’t mind doing Dublin embassy for the interview as I’m from NI and would save so much hassle. Although technically I’m British and Northern Irish so I don’t think I get the option of Dublin embassy. It pickled me for 10 minutes thinking can I or can’t I 🤣

we waited 190 days for NOA2...it was brutal!! But on a positive note, VJ gave us a predicted date of February 8th and we got apporved on Jan 25th so that was a nice surprise :) I'm sure you will be fine for a November POE if there are no complications along the way!

I had a couple of J1s in the past and i was allowed to go to the embassy in Dublin for my interview but this time it is London only for us brits!

Timeline
Just now, TNJ17 said:

Yeah some countries require the police certificates at the medical stage. Make sure you have all of them. 

Yeah I will definitely have my police certificate for the actual medical, I just didn't realise that I needed the police certificate just to book the medical!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
Just now, Lorna&Alex said:

Yeah I will definitely have my police certificate for the actual medical, I just didn't realise that I needed the police certificate just to book the medical!

I meant from all countries you’ve lived in too. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, dominicandrayne said:

Hey, Im pretty much exactly on the same timeline as you, do you know if we can book our interview while the case is still in transit? Im planning on booking the medical today.

Hey :) I believe you have to wait until the US embassy in London has received your case before you can book your interview! But you can book your medical if you have your case number and your police certificate. Do you have your police certificate already?

2 minutes ago, TNJ17 said:

I meant from all countries you’ve lived in too. 

aww okay!! I've only lived in the Uk and the US but i only lived in the US for 11 months anyways :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lorna&Alex said:

Hey :) I believe you have to wait until the US embassy in London has received your case before you can book your interview! But you can book your medical if you have your case number and your police certificate. Do you have your police certificate already?

aww okay!! I've only lived in the Uk and the US but i only lived in the US for 11 months anyways :)

You need a police certificate from every country you’ve ever lived in for 6 months and more since the age of 16. USCIS runs a background check on you so you don’t need one from the US, but had you lived for 11 months in another country you would have needed it. 

Timeline

Yeah i have all the documents we need, police certificate etc. and i filled out the DS 160, we made the mistake of booking our wedding already for April 21st which seemed like plenty of time last June but now I'm stressing trying to make this all go quick enough. I'm hoping that if i book the medical for the end of February the embassy will have it by then,  they sent us the email from the NVC saying they sent it last Tuesday (6th) 

Timeline
1 minute ago, TNJ17 said:

You need a police certificate from every country you’ve ever lived in for 6 months and more since the age of 16. USCIS runs a background check on you so you don’t need one from the US, but had you lived for 11 months in another country you would have needed it. 

well fortunately i only ever lived in UK and US so i'm good :)

Timeline
2 minutes ago, dominicandrayne said:

Yeah i have all the documents we need, police certificate etc. and i filled out the DS 160, we made the mistake of booking our wedding already for April 21st which seemed like plenty of time last June but now I'm stressing trying to make this all go quick enough. I'm hoping that if i book the medical for the end of February the embassy will have it by then,  they sent us the email from the NVC saying they sent it last Tuesday (6th) 

oh yeah you are in a rush then! But that's good you've got all your docs ready to go :) I'm not moving until Mid-june so I'm not in tooo much of a rush...just impatient! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.