bruc

Back To Russia

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Finally !..It's about time for me to fly back for another visit with my two look alike's and finish the deal on my adoption of the little one (L)

I'm excited, they're excited. we're excited ...I sure hope Delta is excited but that plane sure doesn't get there any faster.

I guess I'll get to test the new visa rules when I register at the post office in their city. GTW tells me everything will be ok and just yell help to their Moscow office if I need them. My fiance's post office says no problem just bring a box of chocolates and they'll take care of me. :lol:

I was talking to my fiance on the phone earlier and at the same time ironing my clothes. I told her I sure would be glad when she was here so I wouldn't have to do all the washing, ironing and cleaning by myself...her comment was...what makes you think that's going to change when we get there? :o

When I get back from this trip I"ll be filing the I-129f. I was told to be sure I had all the paperwork done on the little one over there before they got here and that would save me a lot of frustrations. I think I was told correctly according to the process, especially getting permission from her dad.

I'll have internet access so I'll try to find some time to check in and give some details on how things are going.

We'll be in Moscow for a couple of days before we do the bouncing over night train to their city and then in Moscow for another couple of days when we return.

I'll let everyone know about the new registration at the post office.

Yall be good while I'm gone!

bruc

I was talking to my fiance on the phone earlier and at the same time ironing my clothes. I told her I sure would be glad when she was here so I wouldn't have to do all the washing, ironing and cleaning by myself...her comment was...what makes you think that's going to change when we get there? :o

You've gotta let her know on this trip that if she's not going to do all the washing, ironing and cleaning.... she can't come!

And then laugh and say, "I'm just kidding honey.... why do you think I'm adopting your daughter?"

JUST KIDDING!!!

Hope you have fun, bruc. Good luck getting all your paperwork stuff sorted out. I'm curious to see how the new registration works, and I'm sure your adoption experience will be very valuable for more than a few guys on here in the future. Enjoy yourself!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
You've gotta let her know on this trip that if she's not going to do all the washing, ironing and cleaning.... she can't come!

And then laugh and say, "I'm just kidding honey....

There is a Russian saying, [translated] "for every joke there is some truth to it."

That's not just a Russian saying.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Yeah, find one that'll at least do all the cooking and cleaning!

Русский форум член.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
That's not just a Russian saying.
Sorry for the assumption, I just never heard any of my American counterparts use it in my 18 years here.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Your American counterparts need to get out more then. I heard that when I was 8 and maybe 1 quadrillion billion trillion times after that.

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
There is a Russian saying, [translated] "for every joke there is some truth to it."

Actually it's Shakespeare...

"Jesters do oft prove prophets.", Act V, Scene 3, King Lear

In other words... "Truth is often told in jest."

;)

725268776.png

;)

And it's old drunk uncle: "In vino veritas."

Truth in wine. In other words, when you're drunk, you're going to tell what's really on your mind without sugar-coating it. (This phrase actually dates back to the Roman times, and from what I've heard, is pretty universal in every culture!)

Русский форум член.

Have fun, bruc!

Русский форум член.

• 1 month later...

;)

Truth in wine. In other words, when you're drunk, you're going to tell what's really on your mind without sugar-coating it. (This phrase actually dates back to the Roman times, and from what I've heard, is pretty universal in every culture!)

Again with the Latin Slim stop it you are giving me flashbacks, nuns with rulers, erasers full of chalk dust, amo amas amat ahhhhhhhh!@!!!!!!!

Thom n Elena

Arrived Grand Rapids 12/13/06

Finally Home

Married 12/28/06 Husband and Wife finally

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

Aleksandr arrives 8/29/07 7 lbs 19in

ROC

Filed April 21, Received NOA May 5,2009

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Biometrics Cancelled 6/29/09

Reschedule 7/22/09

Biometrics complete only 2 people in office wifey done in 15 min

Letter received New LPR Card in 60 days WOOHOO!!!!

LPR Card Received

;)

Again with the Latin Slim stop it you are giving me flashbacks, nuns with rulers, erasers full of chalk dust, amo amas amat ahhhhhhhh!@!!!!!!!

I just bought my little brother a graduation gift and I got it (a humidor) inscribed in Latin: Virtus Per Scientiam. I had to think about it for a while, "with per, am I supposed to use the dative or the accusitive?" Then I remembered, you actually use both, depending on which way you want to use per. Then I thought a little deeper and said "who really cares, nobody knows Latin anymore, and if anybody's curious, they're going to look it up on the Internet, and that's only going to get them in the right ballpark. It's not like they're going to say 'hey, you used the accusitive instead of the dative. You're wrong!'"

Adding a Latin word or phrase really does make you sound like you're educated.... even if you can't remember a lick of it!

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.